You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GabeTheDespot

What do you think of a passive heal mechanic

32 comments in this topic

Members
484 posts
3,089 battles

What do you guys think of a weak passive heal ability based on ship tonnage to crew size ratio. This would allow ships with high crew sizes relative to tonnage (health) to gain some survivability (DDs have nearly double the crew per ton IIRC). 

Maybe also have it heal more damage on lower health, such as (percentage health lost)/(tonnage to crew ratio)=percent health restored per 10 second period. This is just a thought, and could likely use some tweaking from this if put in place. 

This is just a thought I had, what do you filly’s think, I find more balancing factors more interesting personally.

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,087 posts
17,161 battles

And give players even more of a reason to sit back and hide? "No I can't help scout / cap / fight, I'm healing!" ... No thanks.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[WOLFB]
Members
3,320 posts
13,709 battles

Giving heal consummable to all ship would be a better solution than a passive heal.

[FML]
Members
3,620 posts
14,525 battles
22 minutes ago, Lert said:

And give players even more of a reason to sit back and hide? "No I can't help scout / cap / fight, I'm healing!" ... No thanks.

Agree with this though. 

Members
4,060 posts
4,347 battles

Would be funny if a healing aura on activation became a future ship's gimmick. Giving everyone a passive heal would either be too powerful, or too slow to really matter. Or only give DDs the most breathing room. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,885 posts
13,620 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Sadly this.

1 hour ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Giving heal consummable to all ship would be a better solution than a passive heal.

I like this, why can't a DD patch holes and pump water out of flooded compartments?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Might as well give all ships the exact same everything...... That would be Balance.

[NWNG]
Members
3,056 posts
4,925 battles

most certainly no. As @Lert said, it'll just be another reason to hide. I'm tired of ships hiding, especially when they hide in such a way that they are unable to provide any kind of support, except for playing a game of peekaboo.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
929 posts
11,220 battles

I would say no to this as well as some would abuse it more at range. 

If it did come in though nerf RoF by an extra 50 percent while its active.

After all the crew are busy and can't fire

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,227 posts
18,423 battles

Or take it away from all ships so that when you damage someone they stay damaged.

[WOLF3]
Members
2,135 posts
4,427 battles

I always wondered if they would ever add a "Tender" role for ships. Would be interesting to protect the healer ship in pvp.

[LOU1]
Members
9 posts
1,501 battles
11 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

I always wondered if they would ever add a "Tender" role for ships. Would be interesting to protect the healer ship in pvp.

There are tender ships in scenarios/operations.

[WOLF3]
Members
2,135 posts
4,427 battles
Just now, VeloxNavis said:

There are tender ships in scenarios/operations.

Yes, i meant playable. Thing is i can't see the fun in playing a healing ship with no guns.

[LOU1]
Members
9 posts
1,501 battles

Ah.  Sometimes it seems as if they tease that Red Oak Victory (the crate ship) will become a playable ship one day.

[CAPGO]
Members
735 posts
6,741 battles

time for life leech.

Just like the one that was seen in the last year's Halloween event.

People will need to play aggressive for maximum reward

[A-D-F]
Members
1,119 posts
9,148 battles

A repair party mode where many/all ship functions are heavily penalized until it's back on cool down might work. Pop your special RP at the wrong time and you're a sitting duck.  If it was made available as a module like special radar and spotter plane mod. 

[WOLF3]
Members
2,135 posts
4,427 battles
2 minutes ago, VeloxNavis said:

Ah.  Sometimes it seems as if they tease that Red Oak Victory (the crate ship) will become a playable ship one day.

If they did, what do you think the game play would look like? Aside from healing ships in a giant circle, i can't picture healing them from a distance single target like an MMO although they could send parties to boats to repair them....hm.

Yeah its tough to picture.

Members
484 posts
3,089 battles
12 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

most certainly no. As @Lert said, it'll just be another reason to hide. I'm tired of ships hiding, especially when they hide in such a way that they are unable to provide any kind of support, except for playing a game of peekaboo.

That is why I suggested that the heal is more effective with more damage taken, so sitting back would prevent the full effect from occurring, as would YOLOing, and ships that stay at that ship’s proper range the most. Maybe change it to be much more effective (not 20-30%, but an order of magnitude or 2) when in proximity and LoS to enemy, say, within your detection range or the bonus from CE in km (16 for CV, 14 for BB, 12 for CA/CL, 10 for DD), whichever is closer for large ships, and farther for DDs (to encourage spotting). Potentially with a DPM but not consumable reload penalty. 

14 hours ago, Lert said:

I appreciate the criticism, now please elaborate. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,885 posts
13,620 battles

A slow but steady constant heal to represent ongoing damage control would be acceptable.

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

All healing, with the exception of module repair, should be removed from the game.

[SBS]
Members
5,193 posts
2,408 battles
Just now, Quaffer said:

All healing, with the exception of module repair, should be removed from the game.

Or give it to all ships.  I'd say test no heals and see how that goes.  I have a feeling it would make players far more passive.

[KSC]
Supertester
2,215 posts
13,107 battles

A passive heal would not fit within the confines of the game as it is.   Maybe for the mobile version blitz or some such.   However such a heal could not be added to the existing game without functionally breaking the game as it currently exists.

• Cool 2