Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

My Cleveland captain became pensacola captain even though he was not mounted to ship

32 comments in this topic

[-ARP-]
Members
779 posts
15,744 battles

I moved him back to the cleveland and it cost 40,000 free xp to retrain him. Why wasn't there a free respec?

Why did I have to play a mission in pensacola to get the elite captain xp? Can I get my free xp back?

This was executed so incredibly poorly.

If they can have a huge screen about M33 video, why can't they have an in game message telling you to play one game in pensacola to get free retraining?

• Cool 1
  • Angry 3

[B2P]
Members
568 posts
18,618 battles

It worked exactly as announced.  You should have played your 1 game in the Pensacola and used the 190k free captain XP to move your captain back to your Cleveland.  Then you still would have had some free captain xp left over as a "gift".

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,087 posts
17,156 battles

So it happened exactly as it was announced to go.

• Cool 2

[-ARP-]
Members
779 posts
15,744 battles

If it was announced well, I wouldn't have done what I did, now would I.

I had to learn in game via chat box.

Why not replace the launcher graphic with a text notice, or add a text notice?

[WOLF6]
Members
852 posts
7,912 battles
30 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

I moved him back to the cleveland and it cost 40,000 free xp to retrain him. Why wasn't there a free respec?

Why did I have to play a mission in pensacola to get the elite captain xp? Can I get my free xp back?

If they can have a huge screen about M33 video, why can't they have an in game message telling you to play one game in pensacola to get free retraining?

I read the announcements but somehow I missed this as well , I use the same captain on Atlanta so retraining isn't that big of a deal for me at least .

• Cool 1

[LHG]
Members
2,225 posts
6,304 battles
8 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Well ... it was plastered all over the big news item for the American Cruiser update which dealt with this problem.  It's not a bad idea to actually read those so you know what's going on and how best to take advantage of it (or alternatively, not do something you'd rather you hadn't of). 

And the whole "The captain will remain in the slot and tier instead of being tied to the ship" thing has been out there even longer.   

I can understand not everyone reads the news pages all the time, but when you saw what had happened, it's obvious you didn't bother to go to the main WOWS page where all of what was going on was being explained in nauseating detail before you acted.  That seems like a you problem rather than a WG problem. 

[-ARP-]
Members
779 posts
15,744 battles

I have a job, my time is very limited. I have other games I play too.

I start the game and I play. There's no notice of the mission I should have played.

This takes away from that fact that the change should have been automatic and invisible instead of some mission.

1. Why didn't they change this seamlessly and without any action required by players? Cleveland captain stays Cleveland captain? Are they not skilled enough to implement such a thing?

2. Players who just start the game and play got no notice. Zero. That's what happened to me.

Members
3,009 posts
564 battles
46 minutes ago, DreadRaybo said:

It worked exactly as announced.  You should have played your 1 game in the Pensacola and used the 190k free captain XP to move your captain back to your Cleveland.  Then you still would have had some free captain xp left over as a "gift".

43 minutes ago, Lert said:

20 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

how is it that NO ONE READS THE MAIN PAGE but comes here to RANT, THEN finds out it was ON THE MAIN PAGE and ANNOUNCED.... 
HOW IS IT that tens of thousands pf people play a  game and a lot of them don't ever bother to do ANY READING whatsoever.. but it takes them twice as long to generate a rant thread than it would have taken to READ THE NEWS???

and when said rant thread is made, DOZENS of players and CCs and MODS pretty much tell you it was announced, or on the main page....
every patch, every week, every DAY someone just does not bother to take ten minutes of their day to LEARN and INFORM them selves on the game they play every day..

sry man,  I feel no pity for you, 
Maybe if you took ten minutes and went to the main page every time before you logged in, you would likely know everything you think they sneak into the game...

Members
3,009 posts
564 battles
2 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

I start the game and I play. There's no notice of the mission I should have played.

This takes away from that fact that the change should have been automatic and invisible instead of some mission.

1. Why didn't they change this seamlessly and without any action required by players? Cleveland captain stays Cleveland captain? Are they not skilled enough to implement such a thing?

2. Players who just start the game and play got no notice. Zero. That's what happened to me.

Edited by neptunes_wrath

Members
3,009 posts
564 battles
3 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

your cleveland was a tier SIX ship.... your captain STAYS tier SIX 

you really need to start taking the time to learn about this game and the stuff they are going to do...
You KNEW the change was coming but never bothered to learn WHAT was involved???
COME ON MAN...

Edited by neptunes_wrath

Members
3,009 posts
564 battles

and you have 172 posts  so we know you come here from time to time... so you do more than just PLAY THE GAME... and coming here means you get the same info WE get, even IF you don't go to the main page to know all you ever need to know about a game you " JUST LOG IN AND PLAY"....

maybe this will be that edge you get pushed off to start down a new path of learning and reading and researching...
I have TWO jobs, and know everything I think I need to know......you never research anything you devote a lot of time to??

other games??
your car??
etc...

I am sorry but today was a ad bad day and I am thinking I should not be reading the forums and coming down on pure ignorance and ridiculousness that is a lot of people this week...
But I am here and I saw, and I will accept the points if I must to call out the dumb.... and self entitled people that think WG owes them something for their ignorance and refusal to just READ!!!

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

NOOO!!!!!!!

(Also, it seems like they more than covered my @$$ with this update - I had 3 ships with 3 captains and now have 4 ships with 4 captains, 190K Elite EXP, and a random 10M credits.)

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,502 posts
4,602 battles
1 hour ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Who's fault is it that you choose to ignore the forums, the News pages, reddit, Dev blogs, or gamers that have a clue?

The info is there.  All you had to do was look at it.  But no, I suppose you want it sprinkled on your cereal in the morning.  WeeGee is not your mommy.

[Note subtle lack of sympathy.]

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,502 posts
4,602 battles
41 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

I am sorry but today was a ad bad day and I am thinking I should not be reading the forums and coming down on pure ignorance and ridiculousness that is a lot of people this week...
But I am here and I saw, and I will accept the points if I must to call out the dumb.... and self entitled people that think WG owes them something for their ignorance and refusal to just READ!!!

Whoa!  Heisenberg is in the house.  Nice rant.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,531 posts
12,810 battles
1 hour ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Why did you think your T6 captain would end up in something other than a T6 ship?

[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles
2 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Wait What?  Your forum post signature says something about:  "No more QQ..."   Now I'm confused.

[VIP-2]
Members
814 posts
2,939 battles

Normally i am wholeheartedly on the side of a lack of consistent information from WG.

It is a chronic problem that one could easily spend more time than playing,  searching the dozen outlets they use to provide information that is useful, if not critical to being sucessful.

However i am going to applaud WG on this one, by the time of the split, the information had been almost beaten to death, including no less than 3 seperate sources in game to advise the player. As well, every other major source of info (with perhaps the exception on the wiki) had advice as well.

Sorry OP, but i cant agree with this one.

[LUCK]
Members
1,770 posts
27,574 battles

It was announced and did occur as they said however that doesn't make it right. The Pensacola 190k helps but when you have multiple 19 Pt captains it doesn't go very far. I had 2 Cleve 19 Pt captains- 1manual AA, the other concealment. I kept Pensa but I don't play it but once in a while in co-op. So I was able to retrain 1. I wanted my 19 Pt Balty capt for the new Balty- not happening. Stuck with a 15 Pt in it Balty and Buffalo has the 19 Pt.

Short of it, I would have preferred they not give out new captains as they did and just gave out the equivalent commander XP and let us choose how to allocate.

Another thing that irks me is I had 2.6 Million ship XP in the T6 Cleve which didn't mean squat. I had to free XP the upgrades for the new Cleve. That is complete Bravo Sierra. And no I don't give a hoot that it's still in the new T6 Pensa, it's useless along with the other millions of ship XP that's locked up.

[-ARP-]
Members
779 posts
15,744 battles

Lot of self righteous toxic people in this thread. 

• Boring 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,502 posts
4,602 battles
13 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Another thing that irks me

Aren't you also pi$$ed off that you didn't get USS Dallas and USS Helena, or are you saving that for 0.7.6?

[LUCK]
Members
1,770 posts
27,574 battles
12 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Aren't you also pi$$ed off that you didn't get USS Dallas and USS Helena, or are you saving that for 0.7.6?

I will be, if I'm around.

[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles
22 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Lot of self righteous toxic people in this thread. 

we prefer to think of ourselves as non-QQ'ers

Sign in to follow this