You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
brym7

Battleship Kronshtadt

6 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
347 posts
5,488 battles

I just got and played around a couple games in the Soviet new premium tier 9 "cruiser" Kronshtadt, The Bane of the new USN cruisers and spellcheck.

Br7ISBR.png

As you see, the unique commander is on her and is so far effective on it.

but I'll be fair, she has less armor, less effective heal and the guns are smaller than battleships of her tier. So the best thing to call her is like an up tiered, tier 9 Scharnhorst with less heal, no German secondaries and a pretty good radar that is called a cruiser by the game.

The radar really sells this ship for me as I can get its surface detectability to around the 11.7 km the radar detects, with the upgrade (concealment) and captain skill. 12.8 km to be exact, which funnily enough is still more surface detection than stealth battleship Roma at 11.2 km

I will say, if you can get into the battleship playstyle, this 'cruiser' will appeal to you very nicely as her AP will bash USN cruiser sailing around these days quite harshly, I was even able to get citadels on a Mushai one game.

CJEhOmn.png

GlUYojo.png

As you see, The Kronshtadt is a very capable ship and worth a pick up if you got the free XP 

Any captain's tales you wish to discuss around this Battleship in cruiser's clothing?

[NDA]
Supertester
3,519 posts
7,425 battles

I don't know what you did to your text but it makes it awkward to read in dark mode.

Beta Testers
347 posts
5,488 battles
Just now, Sinboto said:

I don't know what you did to your text but it makes it awkward to read in dark mode.

Hrmm, I think it had something to do with plain text or something, 

[XBRTC]
Members
3,153 posts
10,011 battles

I've had pretty mixed results with it so far. I'm at 50% right now, but I've only had 6 games. It can do some pretty good things if your flanks are secure. As soon as you get flanked, though... that's gonna be a paddling. 

I'm not getting a lot of kills. That is one thing I notice. My last game, I did almost 90k damage... but didn't get the kill on anything. I might be fighting from too far away, though: I was shooting most stuff at 12-16k, though there was a bunch of damage to an Atago that was between 5 and 8k, and I couldn't citadel that guy to save my life.

It's fun, when you can get in the right groove. You can tank pretty well, and that long-range radar can be good coverage for more than 1 cap if you plan properly.

Beta Testers
347 posts
5,488 battles
49 minutes ago, Swift_Scythe said:

"BATTLESHIP"  But my Asashio says UNABLE to target :(  XD

A battleship without that one ship able to target it :D