Capt_Eichorst

Switching Servers HELP!

13 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts

I got the game on my laptop so I could play with my husband and son. I signed them up about a month ago and we all live in the same freaking house, in the USA. They are on server EU, and I am on NA so we cant even play together. I messaged support to find out how to switch servers and they said make a new account, so I did... I even said I lived in the UK this time instead of USA and it still has me in NA! How do I get on the EU server!? Do I need to uninstall the game, then make a new account saying im from some European country, then reinstall the game and trying signing in again with my new account?!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,869 posts
13,616 battles

They don't allow server moves so your only option will be to create an account on the EU server or have them make accounts on the NA server.

Members
4 posts

Yeah I got that part, but that's what I'm trying to figure out is how to create an account on the EU server! Every time I create an account it just asks my email, user id and password. so I do new ones every time, and then when I go into account management it ask where my residence is, the first 2 accounts I made I used USA, and it gave me the NA server. I made a 3rd account and instead of USA I put my residence was the UK and it still gave me NA server, so what do I need to put to get an EU server!?

Members
297 posts
2,405 battles
Just now, Capt_Eichorst said:

Yeah I got that part, but that's what I'm trying to figure out is how to create an account on the EU server! Every time I create an account it just asks my email, user id and password. so I do new ones every time, and then when I go into account management it ask where my residence is, the first 2 accounts I made I used USA, and it gave me the NA server. I made a 3rd account and instead of USA I put my residence was the UK and it still gave me NA server, so what do I need to put to get an EU server!?

Could you post the URL to the website you're using to make an account? There are different ones for each server.

Members
297 posts
2,405 battles
5 minutes ago, Capt_Eichorst said:

this is the one I was using?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/game/ 

I just click the top right corner and log out and create a new account. I'll try the other link BrushWolf posted. 

Yep, the one you were using was for NA only. BrushWolf's link should work, but make sure to check the URL once you hit "create account." If it redirects you to https://na.wargaming.net , it's sent you back to the NA servers.

Members
4 posts

okay it worked using BrushWolfs link but now i cant get into the game at all.  It's saying it can't connect to the server so I uninstalled it and will use wolfs link to reinstall it and log in with the new account I made and hope to hell that works! Thank you both so much for your help!!!!

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,869 posts
13,616 battles
47 minutes ago, Capt_Eichorst said:

okay it worked using BrushWolfs link but now i cant get into the game at all.  It's saying it can't connect to the server so I uninstalled it and will use wolfs link to reinstall it and log in with the new account I made and hope to hell that works! Thank you both so much for your help!!!!

Aslain's Mod Pack. http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/2020-0750-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-wpicture-preview/ Use the direct link and near the bottom in external apps check WoWS Realms tool. you will have to unzip it somewhere and except when the patches don't match up you will be able to play on any server you have an account.

You other option is to install the EU client in a different location on your computer. I only have 250GB on my SSD so I use the above method.

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Eichorst said:

If you install the game from Steam, on the first launch it asks you what server you want to play on, which can't be changed later (well, it can by swapping preferences.ini in game folder). If you download game from WG sites, just go to worldofwarships.eu and download the client from there, it will be an EU version.

Members
3 posts

I am an expat residing in the Philippines soon to return home and would like my account on the NA server. I encouraged my son to join WOW and he is on the NA sever. I have spent quite a bit of coin and I really don't want to throw it away just to create another account. I want to play on one server and one server only. Is there any possibility that they can switch my account? I understand they offered such a deal in WOT. I would appreciate it.