You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Willy55_1955

Krondstadt OP, I want the USS Alaska!

60 comments in this topic

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
589 posts
14,449 battles

How can you put a ship with 12" guns in a battle with cruisers with a max 8" guns. That is a 4" (50%) advantage over any cruiser. It has 70K+ HP, it is huge, it can over pen any cruiser (and some BBs) that are bow-on to it.

Now, give me a 12" USS Alaska class battlecruiser and I'll go head-to-head against it.

Until then, the guns need to be nerfed, as well as its armor and HP pool.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 2

Members
333 posts
10,811 battles

5b107abd0c35e_WorldofWarships6_1_201812_26_10AM.thumb.png.0441f32247bee73d81bd06a26df0e795.png5b107ac5d61f2_WorldofWarships6_1_201812_26_19AM.thumb.png.a93ce9839677da900d0620c65316f030.png

She seems perfectly balanced :3

Though from the sound of it, op is a salty USN fanboi who is mad about a 'fake' Russian ship 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,534 posts
18,840 battles

Played her last night....

Was the target of every ship that could shoot me...

So far running away, err,  kiting, got me hit for 3 cits....

That hp can melt fast. 

She is balanced.

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
852 posts
7,912 battles
10 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

How can you put a ship with 12" guns in a battle with cruisers with a max 8" guns. That is a 4" (50%) advantage over any cruiser. It has 70K+ HP, it is huge, it can over pen any cruiser (and some BBs) that are bow-on to it.

Now, give me a 12" USS Alaska class battlecruiser and I'll go head-to-head against it.

Hmmmmm , let's see . The other free xp ships at that tier have 18 and 16 inch guns but 12 inch is OP . Deal with it .

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,018 posts
20,966 battles
17 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

Ummm if you have played the ship you would know OP is not a term that describes it. And those 305MM guns are very inconsistent and wonky. Give me the 12 203MM guns from Buffalo on the Kronshtadt's hull and we can talk about OP. I am not impressed with Kronshtadt's guns in the least. Remind me of Roma's.

I am all for any new ship (especially US BB or Cruiser) so bring Alaska on. Just pointing out Kronshtadt is not even close to OP.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
589 posts
14,449 battles
2 minutes ago, retic1959 said:

Hmmmmm , let's see . The other free xp ships at that tier have 18 and 16 inch guns but 12 inch is OP . Deal with it .

Cruiser, I said. Don't care about free xp or otherwise, but CA v CA there is a huge imbalance IMHO.

• Boring 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,223 posts
10,721 battles
2 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

Cruiser, I said. Don't care about free xp or otherwise, but CA v CA there is a huge imbalance IMHO.

Krondstadt wasnt planned to be a normal cruiser, it, along with Stalingrad, were designed as larger cruisers/battlecruisers that were MEANT to fight Heavy cruisers and light cruisers with relative ease, or in other words, they were designed to be cruiser killers

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

i can see it already.

-uss alaska is released

-it's somehow a little weaker than krondstadt

-american playerbase RAGES HARD

better wait for graf zeppelin to delete that thing faster than a bullet.

• Cool 6

Alpha Tester
2,409 posts
8,275 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

i can see it already.

-uss alaska is released

Par for the course here.

• Cool 1

Members
479 posts
11,662 battles

I have only been able to watch this ship in action via streamers today, wow, it gets a lot of citadels on others, at strange angles that are uncommon and even the streamers are surprised, seems to be like a mini-republique.

Edited by Visidious

[WOLF6]
Members
852 posts
7,912 battles
10 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

So what , treat her like a BB and move on . In the context of the game she'll face BB's with guns ranging from 11 to 18 inches , she's just fresh meat for them .

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,223 posts
10,721 battles
1 minute ago, retic1959 said:

she'll face BB's with guns ranging from 11 to 18 inches , she's just fresh meat for them .

XIjVg5W.gif

• Cool 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,955 posts
14,569 battles

I bet alaska will come as a reward for clan wars (maybe the next one after stalingrad?).

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,955 posts
14,569 battles
10 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

i can see it already.

-uss alaska is released

Russian bias is always going be russian bias.

Members
321 posts
2,735 battles

You couldn't tell it was horribly unbalanced from its raw stats? Not to mention its a russian premium, what were you expecting.

[PVE]
Members
11,018 posts
20,966 battles
41 minutes ago, Visidious said:

I have only been able to watch this ship in action via streamers today, wow, it gets a lot of citadels on others, at strange angles that are uncommon and even the streamers are surprised, seems to be like a mini-republique.

Kronshtadt wishes it was a mini Republique.

• Cool 1

[BS]
Members
1,956 posts
10,181 battles

pffh, a few days ago i used my 750k free xp to take my first commander to 19pts. i knew krunchshtadt was coming too, no regrets. I already have Nelson, missouri and musashi. I just don't think this one will be as enjoyable as those are. seems like a stinker honestly. i might use birthday money and buy some american crates, the drop rate for special flags seems fairly random... atleast on the PTS version they were. unlike yamamoto crates which spit out wyverns half the time, bah.

it suffers from the eugen/hipper syndrome. The tankiness makes up for the crappy guns.

[PVE]
Beta Testers
326 posts
4,167 battles
1 hour ago, Cruxdei said:

i can see it already.

-uss alaska is released

It more like American playerbase rages hard...

WG fix is Release USS Guam ... slightly better then krondstadt but at cost of 760 000 instead of 750k lol

Members
672 posts
2,902 battles
1 hour ago, manon45 said:

You couldn't tell it was horribly unbalanced from its raw stats? Not to mention its a russian premium, what were you expecting.

The question is: is it Kutuzov/Nikolai balans or merely Molotov Balans? 

Edited by SCygnus

[O-PN]
[O-PN]
Members
9,111 posts
10,491 battles

The Moskva that tried to angle and got cit'd to death by mine would agree with you. So would the DM that thought it was hidden just right and got cit'd for all its trouble anyway. The Gearing that lost 90% of its HP to 4 hits from mine would, as well. The MO and Iowa who got superstructure shredded by my AP, they might agree somewhat, too. The Shima that lost its last 1/3 HP to 1 hit and just rolled over and sank, betting he'd agree with you.

I, however, disagree with you. Because I can.

[O-PN]
[O-PN]
Members
9,111 posts
10,491 battles
13 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

pffh, a few days ago i used my 750k free xp to take my first commander to 19pts. i knew krunchshtadt was coming too, no regrets. I already have Nelson, missouri and musashi. I just don't think this one will be as enjoyable as those are. seems like a stinker honestly. i might use birthday money and buy some american crates, the drop rate for special flags seems fairly random... atleast on the PTS version they were. unlike yamamoto crates which spit out wyverns half the time, bah.

it suffers from the eugen/hipper syndrome. The tankiness makes up for the crappy guns.

It's so much better than the 750k I wasted on Mushyyucky. Kronnie's guns actually hit things. Also, it isn't "tanky", the only reason it can "take" damage is because it has so many HPs, those vanish quickly, I promise you.

It ain't no BB. It is, though, one heck of a cruiser.(CoughcoughcoughBattlecruisercoughcoughcough)

• Funny 1