You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

So I gave this guy an instant positive karma and am here to tell you his story

20 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,087 posts
17,156 battles

The match was hard fought and even, right up until near the end where we got a few kills that weren't trades, I had just helped finish off a battleship and a cruiser threatening our base and they only had a battleship and a carrier left. We had a pretty decent idea where the battleship was, and just needed to go find him, but where was the carrier?

.... Then suddenly our siren started going off.

KqKuPeB.jpg

How he managed to get in there without anyone spotting is anyone's guess, but, he managed.

See, this is how you make an impression.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
929 posts
11,218 battles

A very brave captain. Maybe he was praying to RNG for 4-5 CQE detonations for the win!

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,087 posts
17,156 battles
13 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Graf Zep?

Independence.

• Funny 1

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,593 posts
4,267 battles

The new battlecarrier looks interesting.

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
139 posts
11,995 battles

A full concealment build on the Independence gives it an 8.4km detection range, so that could be how he managed to get there undetected.  Still, that's a very gutsy move.  Well done to him (or possibly her).

[O_O]
Members
6,136 posts
14,126 battles

...and how long did he last once spotted?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,087 posts
17,156 battles
14 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

...and how long did he last once spotted?

See my position and note the ship I'm driving. He died before I got a shot off on him around the island.

Not the point, though. His loss was already certain. Live or die does not affect repair cost. He decided to make that loss interesting.

Members
484 posts
3,089 battles

Judging on his and your positions, he came down the middle on the east of that little island at F5 before heading west and turning back east into the cap, without being noticed. Or he started behind the island at E4, with only pure coincidence keeping him unspotted from that DD,, and headed south before turning East into the cap, I don’t know which is more likely though.

Although I would have to ask him to be sure. 

EDIT: like this 

1291C1EE-4983-4E45-B833-44A219949487.jpeg

Edited by GabeTheDespot
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
11,789 posts
13,379 battles

Lol I was the red BB that was left on red team that battle. I had crushed the one flank in my Nelson which took a while since as you can see there was a few ships that needed to die, including a Bismarck and my team had melted. By the time I finished with that and was heading full speed to aid the CV who had surprisingly went into enemy base. It was too late to save him.

Have to admire that CV though, he likes playing his CV highly agressively same as me. I often get a good laugh out of enemy ships searching my team’s side of the map for me, and I am usually on the red side of the map instead.... :Smile_teethhappy:

[RKLES]
Members
11,789 posts
13,379 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

The match was hard fought and even, right up until near the end where we got a few kills that weren't trades, I had just helped finish off a battleship and a cruiser threatening our base and they only had a battleship and a carrier left. We had a pretty decent idea where the battleship was, and just needed to go find him, but where was the carrier?

.... Then suddenly our siren started going off.

KqKuPeB.jpg

How he managed to get in there without anyone spotting is anyone's guess, but, he managed.

See, this is how you make an impression.

Had to go find the BB!?!? Lol Lert, you did not have to come find Me, I was on my way to find You... :fish_viking:

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,087 posts
17,156 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Had to go find the BB!?!? Lol Lert, you did not have to come find Me, I was on my way to find You... :fish_viking:

Yeah well, we had to go find you. Should've driven something faster than that floating brick you call a ship. :Smile-_tongue:

[RKLES]
Members
11,789 posts
13,379 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Yeah well, we had to go find you. Should've driven something faster than that floating brick you call a ship. :Smile-_tongue:

Hmm next time you try to face me in that Hood of yours, maybe I will use my Bismarck instead of Nelson... :Smile_teethhappy:

Have to say though Nelson has proved far more durable than commonly thought. You guys were only ones able to kill me in the ship so far. :Smile_honoring:

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,087 posts
17,156 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Hmm next time you try to face me in that Hood of yours, maybe I will use my Bismarck instead of Nelson... :Smile_teethhappy:

Why do you think I carry Juliet Charlie on my Hood. :Smile_teethhappy:

3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Have to say though Nelson has proved far more durable than commonly thought. You guys were only ones able to kill me in the ship so far. :Smile_honoring:

That heal is something else, yeah. If you can angle against incoming fire, Nelson is a real tough ship to take out.

[RKLES]
Members
11,789 posts
13,379 battles
1 hour ago, LastoftheFallen said:

A full concealment build on the Independence gives it an 8.4km detection range, so that could be how he managed to get there undetected.  Still, that's a very gutsy move.  Well done to him (or possibly her).

The CV had the chance to get there since some of my team drew Lert’s team into the cluster of small islands, and other half of Lerts team was engaging my Nelson as well as a handful of my team mates in the 3 large islands and between those islands and white line the fighting was intense and Lert’s team had to keep sending reinforcements there which tied me up unfortunately.

Still bold move for the Independence though, I usually pull those kind of stunts in IJN CVs like Ryujo which have the Concealment to more easily sneak around.