You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
reigne

XP for containers

9 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
4,945 battles

Perhaps an adjustment to the XP for collecting containers?   Such as,  2,500 for the first,  10,000 for the second, 25,000 for a third, and 40,000 for a 4th?

[PVE]
Members
1,327 posts
36,591 battles

75000 for the 4th.

If you are already getting 3 container most of the time then the 4th 1 should be hard to get.

Most of the time I only get 2 a day.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,430 posts

Considering most players don't play the game like that, what would be the point?

All it would do is encourage more botting...don't we have enough of that now?:Smile_amazed:

[RLGN]
Members
13,300 posts
23,198 battles
5 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

75000 for the 4th.

If you are already getting 3 container most of the time then the 4th 1 should be hard to get.

Most of the time I only get 2 a day.

Same here. Average two a day unless I’m being ‘forced’ to grind PvP for some campaign or task or whatever.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,108 posts
1 hour ago, reigne said:

Perhaps an adjustment to the XP for collecting containers?   Such as,  2,500 for the first,  10,000 for the second, 25,000 for a third, and 40,000 for a 4th?

I have thought along similar lines. Personally, I think a base of 2000 for the first and doubling for each consecutive container, without a set limit. There will of course be a practical limit in that one can only fight so many battles per day, but if someone gets ambitious, why not make rewards available. If WG wants more players in the queue, then let them add incentives.

Clans would appreciate this, since that expansion to 50 members requires enough oil to grant membership in OPEC, ordinary players may well play more since they would be seeing more immediate and tangible results of their play, and the truly zealous could reap additional benefits, which they should.

If you want people to give you money, incentive works better than punishment. Happy players spend money, unhappy players go play something else.

Members
297 posts
2,405 battles
9 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

I have thought along similar lines. Personally, I think a base of 2000 for the first and doubling for each consecutive container, without a set limit. There will of course be a practical limit in that one can only fight so many battles per day, but if someone gets ambitious, why not make rewards available. If WG wants more players in the queue, then let them add incentives.

Clans would appreciate this, since that expansion to 50 members requires enough oil to grant membership in OPEC, ordinary players may well play more since they would be seeing more immediate and tangible results of their play, and the truly zealous could reap additional benefits, which they should.

If you want people to give you money, incentive works better than punishment. Happy players spend money, unhappy players go play something else.

I'm not sure another container per day is a good way to make for happier players. The last time I got 3 containers I spent an entire evening playing game after game. I was having a lot of fun, but the reset timer was a good sanity check to remind myself that I needed some sleep.

I think only a handful of players manage 3 containers a day. I think even fewer continue to play much longer after getting that 3rd container, for good reason. So I don't think this affects the ordinary player. It only affects those who devote a lot of time into WoWs, by incentivizing even more game time.

Containers are a great way to reward consistent play, and I think part of this is making sure players don't burn themselves out. I think both WG and clans prefer consistent, active players who will continue to play for a long time. Players who siphon too much time from other parts of life into the game are less likely to end up happy - and like you said, unhappy players go play something else, or worse, stop when life catches up to them.

Rewarding ambitious players for their efforts is great. Keeping them in the game long-term is even better.

Members
8 posts
4,945 battles

So I try the "Try your luck" containers when I can....I'll bet 50 or more times....and have NEVER gotten anything good. Its usually a single flag, or maybe an emblem. Is there anyone that has gotten something good...and what was it?

Members
297 posts
2,405 battles
On 7/9/2018 at 11:22 PM, reigne said:

So I try the "Try your luck" containers when I can....I'll bet 50 or more times....and have NEVER gotten anything good. Its usually a single flag, or maybe an emblem. Is there anyone that has gotten something good...and what was it?

I'm sure there are supercontainer opening videos on Youtube where people have gotten new ships and things like that. That's only the best-case scenario, unfortunately. I never pick the "Try Your Luck" option since I'd rather have consistent rewards over time.

Of course, your luck jumps up a lot if you play this video in the background, but I've yet to try that myself.