You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OldSaltyOne

Removal of Steven Seagal and the Animations in port.

61 comments in this topic

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

So a while ago as you all know Wargaming removed our Steven Seagul character and replaced it with the now John Doe.  How ever there use to be deck animations while the Missouri was in port of Steven Seagal doing martial arts, break dancing or carrying his pot of soup.  If I recall correctly wasn't there supposed to be a deck animation that got added in when Seagal was removed?  I remember seeing something about this in the notes a while ago.  How ever when I do play my Missouri and have it in port there are no deck animations going on.  I would have thought it would have been a squad of sailors reporting to their officers or something to that nature.  Anyone know what is going on with this?  Yes I know why Seagal was removed.

• Boring 1

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,544 posts
33,537 battles

If you know why he was removed, then why do you ask the question. He needed to be removed due to certain issues. Should not have been there in the first place.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
10,900 posts
14,922 battles

I am not aware of any planed animation replacement.

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
4 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

If you know why he was removed, then why do you ask the question. He needed to be removed due to certain issues. Should not have been there in the first place.

Is reading for you too OP? I wasn't concerned with the other reasons of why he was removed.  What I was getting at is Wargaming said they were going to replace the deck animations with another feature and that has not been done.

Edited by SuperSpud1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[O-PN]
Members
9,110 posts
10,456 battles
Just now, SuperSpud1 said:

I wasn't concerned with the other reasons of why he was removed.  What I was getting at is Wargaming said they were going to replace the deck animations with another feature and that has not been done.

No, they didn't. They said the exact opposite.

• Cool 2

[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles
16 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

If I recall correctly wasn't there supposed to be a deck animation that got added in when Seagal was removed?  

As I recall it was supposed to be an animation of Erika Eleniak jumping out of a birthday cake.  Although Erika -- while still hot for her age -- may not be up to such stunts anymore.  Perhaps WG could get Jennifer Lawrence to play Eleniak.

• Funny 2

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
1 minute ago, Dr_Dirt said:

As I recall it was supposed to be an animation of Erika Eleniak jumping out of a birthday cake.  Although Erika -- while still hot for her age -- may not be up to such stunts anymore.  Perhaps WG could get Jennifer Lawrence to play Eleniak.

L M F A O Id definately be okay with that one.

• Funny 1

[A-I-M]
Members
2,525 posts
12,041 battles
8 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

L M F A O Id definately be okay with that one.

Well, with the announcement of the Pan-American line, a remark another member made about Central/South American Navel fans got me to thinking it would be really good to have Shakira writhing around on deck to replace Segal, like something out of "Loca, Loca, Loca"...

But then I realized he said "Naval", not "Navel"

My disappointment was immeasurable.

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,544 posts
33,537 battles
18 minutes ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Is reading for you too OP? I wasn't concerned with the other reasons of why he was removed.  What I was getting at is Wargaming said they were going to replace the deck animations with another feature and that has not been done.

They did not. They said it would be removed, and it was.

[TBW]
Members
9,531 posts
16,251 battles

Maybe Azure Lane has something WG could toss onto the Missouri, for the duration of their contract.

Only a joke, don't get riled.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,798 posts
13,589 battles

They should have replaced the martial arts kata with John coming out, walking over to the rail and lighting a cigarette. The cigarette could be left out if it is too politically incorrect now.

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

They should have replaced the martial arts kata with John coming out, walking over to the rail and lighting a cigarette. The cigarette could be left out if it is too politically incorrect now.

How would walking out and lighting a cigarette be too politically correct lol I don't smoke anymore but still its quite a common fact that someone would walk out and light up l m a o 

Edited by SuperSpud1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,798 posts
13,589 battles
Just now, SuperSpud1 said:

How would walking out and lighting a cigarette be too political lol I don't smoke anymore but still its quite a common fact that someone would walk out and light up l m a o 

It is politically incorrect because it is thought to be promoting it, that is why you see few characters on TV that smoke and the few you do see are anti-role models aka the bad guy.

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

It is politically incorrect because it is thought to be promoting it, that is why you see few characters on TV that smoke and the few you do see are anti-role models aka the bad guy.

Oh who cares if someones going to smoke a cigarette they're going to smoke a cigarette regardless of what people say.  I started smoking when I was 14 not because of tv or anything else I quit when I was 33.  But that doesn't mean someone can or can't smoke because someone else thinks it's wrong.  None the less to have it as an animation in the game.  I can almost promise you over 75 percent of todays military and probably even more during world war 2 smoke or smoked.  I of course wouldn't be offended by it.  As a matter of fact the old C rats of the day had a pack of cigarettes in them.

Edited by SuperSpud1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,798 posts
13,589 battles
1 minute ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Oh who cares if someones going to smoke a cigarette they're going to smoke a cigarette regardless of what people say.  I started smoking when I was 14 not because of tv or anything else I quit when I was 33.  But that doesn't mean someone can or can't smoke because someone else thinks it's wrong.  None the less to have it as an animation in the game.  I can almost promise you over 75 percent of todays military and probably even more during world war 2 smoke or smoked.  I of course wouldn't be offended by it.  As a matter of fact the old C rats of the day had a pack of cigarettes in them.

I don't, I quit back in 1985 and still miss a good cigar or pipe, but the anti smoking people can be extreme fanatics.

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

I don't, I quit back in 1985 and still miss a good cigar or pipe, but the anti smoking people can be extreme fanatics.

I actually started vaping lol.  I cant even stand the smell of cigarette smoke or cigar smoke but I'm not going to say no they shouldn't add it into the game because it's politically incorrect.  People are too sensitive these days. that would be the only thing I could see stopping them from doing that.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,798 posts
13,589 battles
1 minute ago, SuperSpud1 said:

I actually started vaping lol.  I cant even stand the smell of cigarette smoke or cigar smoke but I'm not going to say no they shouldn't add it into the game because it's politically incorrect.  People are too sensitive these days. that would be the only thing I could see stopping them from doing that.

I was thinking of possible flak and the animation of John coming out and walking to the rail would still be fine. I thought of the smoke because it was extremely common for those in the military in the period the game covers and because I am old. :Smile-_tongue:

[MIA-I]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
1,296 posts
13,619 battles

deleted

Edited by LancerUlysses

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
469 posts
5,842 battles

I want Bill Hallsey to come out on deck, take a leisurely stroll and talk with the other inmates of whatever ship I put him on.

Beta Testers
2,963 posts
24,101 battles

I want to see general Tojo along with Yamamoto  together walking down the deck inspecting the ships crew at attention 

[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Instead of lighting a smoke he Barfs over the railing. or takes a wiz. Back facing you.

• Boring 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,653 posts
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Yes Yes they can:Smile_facepalm::Smile_great:

1 hour ago, SuperSpud1 said:

Yup they sure can be in and on all manner of things :Smile_sceptic: