You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Cruisin' for a Bruisin' - Gameplay

35 comments in this topic

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,389 posts
10,718 battles
19 hours ago, IronDuke17 said:

Grabbed the Kronshtadt. She suits my playstyle perfectly, just like Gneisenau/Scharnhorst :D

Is she worth the 750,000 free xp I love the Scharnhorst fits my play style too . Was thinking of getting the Kron .

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,406 posts
10,195 battles

Well I see even less CV and DD than before. Maybe it will die down after a while but I get games were there are no DD at all.(on top of no CV ) Which makes the game even sloooower because no one wants to push, spot, poke or do much of anything other than sail in donuts and see who gets tagged the hardest first. 

As for me I just rotate what I play, DD, CA, BB repeat until bored or challenge complete. Log out. 

[115TH]
Members
432 posts
3,241 battles
On 5/31/2018 at 12:41 PM, Gneisenau013 said:

Image result for world of warships pittsburgh cruiser

Has your gameplay changed since Update 0.7.5?

The changes to the US tech tree, particularly cruisers, is a major shift in game.

Do you play cruisers any different now compared with before Update 0.7.5?

"The most damaging phrase in the language is: 'It's always been done that way'." - Grace Hopper, US Navy

#throwdownthursday

#anchorsaweigh

dark.png

Still a noob to the game but having played Cleveland at T6 then playing her at T8 was a rude shock. Her 30k health lasts seconds if you get caught on open. I actually like the Pensacola at T6. 

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
1,573 posts
2,083 battles

I'm playing battleships much more aggressively. Folks seem to be testing the limits of their new cruisers and get caught with their pants down more often.

• Cool 1

[115TH]
Members
432 posts
3,241 battles
On 5/31/2018 at 3:03 PM, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

Well, I'm not sure it changes game play for cruisers overall, but it does to a degree change how you play individual ships that were effected by the change.  

Cleveland:  She's no longer the top dog in the AA game at her tier nor is she the only cruiser in her tier to carry decent armor.  She's had a buff to her ROF and a significant change to her consumables.  I think, to be competitive in her, you have to realize you're no longer facing older battleships and mostly 6 inch armed cruisers so you need to figure out how to use her new consumables effectively in order to compete at Tier VIII. 

Pensacola:  Has been hit hard with the nerf stick.  Prior to the split she was a heavily armed glass cannon with little effective armor.  She need to depend on her speed and maneuverability to weave and bob while firing back at her tormentors.  That's not going to work with the new T6 version.  She still has a lot of firepower, she can weave and bob, but her heavily nerfed turret traverse rate just can not keep up with the whole weaving and bobbing thing. To let your guns keep up, you're going to need to sail in straight lines on occasion or use your rudder to bring your guns on target, neither of which is helpful with the bobbing and weaving.  Fight her as if she were still at T7 and you're going to get really frustrated cause she just is incapable of doing that anymore. You're just going to have to figure out a new way to fight her effectively in her current form.

I mean you do still have ten 8 inch guns in a land of 6 inch gunned armed cruisers so you have a big stick, the only question is can she survive long enough to actually use it. 

New Orleans:  Main thing I've noticed is her lack of Radar which was a good feature of this ship at Tier VIII.  Without it she's no longer the bloodhound she used to be but she still packs a punch and isn't made of glass like Pensacola was at this tier.  I really don't see there being a need to significantly alter your play style with her beyond that lack of sonar. 

Baltimore:  Haven't noticed a lot of differences here that are going to materially change how you are going to play this ship. She didn't perform as well as her peers at Tier IX but I think she will do just fine at T8.

Big winners of the split:  Tier VI Aircraft Carriers:  At Tier VI, Cleveland was a virtual no fly zone for tier VI CV's which was compounded by the need for CV players new to this tier to learn new mechanics like manual weapons drops and strafing. It was bad enough that the High Alert consumable transformed other cruisers into carrier plane annihilators but Cleveland would just eat up all your squadrons and spit them out if you came near her with her High Alert consumable active.  Tier VI carriers may still see her on occasion, but far less often than in the past which will make their lives much easier and maybe convince more of them to not give up on the type.   

I have found the T6 Pensacola to be a citidal machine compared to Cleveland at T6. And her AA abilities has been as good as Cleveland was. Albeit it is a limited sample size and only on random play so far. 

Beta Testers
831 posts
10,379 battles

Yes DD play has changed. You cant get anywhere near a cap early match. If your team is winning late match you can cap but if your team is losing you still cant cap. A dd simply doesnt affect the outcome of a match these days. Also the only class whos biggest strength is completely removed via a  button click. No skill required.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,765 posts
25,221 battles

Yes. Not because of the cruisers. I care more to get requirements for the Indianapolis marathon and the campaign done.

Oh, one thing I do because of the cruisers: I don’t sail my DDs.

[OO7]
Beta Testers
467 posts
10,808 battles

So far I'm really enjoying the movement of the cruisers.  

The Balti's armor allows it to tank much more than the NO ever could. The SHS is just deadly when others decide to show you their broadside.  I'm not a huge fan of the range being shorter than the NO, but overall shes preforming well in my eyes. 

The NO, I'm loving it at T7. As long as MM is nice to it and it gets primarily T7MM then it works really well. It's pretty balanced. Not the greatest armor, but V cruisers and DD's it works.. of ofc fighting bb's it's a bit of a struggle as she sees the big 7, but as long as you use cover properly it does fine. I miss the radar, but that really gives the Indy a reason to be there. They compliment each other. 

the Pepsi, shes taking a little to get used to, that turret traverse sucks in every way possible, but she is still able to hold her ground with those powerful 8 inch guns along with a 1.5KM range increase over the Cleveland. 

the Cleveland,  I'm not bothering with the radar, I'll stick to the spotter plane and just burn everything down. 

Over all I've been enjoying the shake up very much. Can't wait to play with the Dallas and the Helena.

[LHG]
Members
2,225 posts
6,310 battles
1 hour ago, Sped_Gax said:

I have found the T6 Pensacola to be a citidal machine compared to Cleveland at T6. And her AA abilities has been as good as Cleveland was. Albeit it is a limited sample size and only on random play so far. 

She is.  Even at T7 her citadel was highly vulnerable so that hasn't changed much.  At T7 she used to compensate by using high speed, dodging ability and her ability to have at least 5 guns which could bear on any target while she zig, zagged and dodged for her life. 

To move her down to Tier VI, WG has decided to take that away from her.  She can no longer dodge while returning fire, she has trouble simply bringing her guns on target in most instances and if you have to change sides of engagement from one side of the ship to another, just forget it, you'll be old and grey before her guns manage to acquire their new target. 

They've basically retained all of the problems the Pensacola had at Tier VII while seriously nerfing the things that actually worked with the ship.  About the only positive that she seems to have retained are her 8 inch guns but even they have had their reload times increased, not that you'll notice that all that much since you'll be spend a lot more time just getting her guns the point the general direction you want them to. 

So really, she's the old Pensacola that a lot of players have loved to hate now burdened with a few more completely hate worthy qualities.  

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel