You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Greybeards_ghost

This is a complaint, or feedback

38 comments in this topic

Members
31 posts
9,761 battles

Just shot a teammate DD with main battery in my ca doing 2800 damage.   I was in binocular mode and he drove right in front of me.  I could not see him.  Yes I missed him on the mini map but still.  Now, I am pink for two battles with a warning??   For what?   I never shoot team mates.  Ok, rarely.   Seriously, with the number of battles I have  I think I have been pink twice in two years + .   WTH?

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,088 posts
17,161 battles

You shot a teammate. You got pink. It's very simple.

• Cool 1

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
4 minutes ago, Greybeards_ghost said:

Just shot a teammate DD with main battery in my ca doing 2800 damage.   I was in binocular mode and he drove right in front of me.  I could not see him.  Yes I missed him on the mini map but still.  Now, I am pink for two battles with a warning??   For what?   I never shoot team mates.  Ok, rarely.   Seriously, with the number of battles I have  I think I have been pink twice in two years + .   WTH?

1 minute ago, Lert said:

Bingo, just work it off.

Members
31 posts
9,761 battles

That is kinda harsh.  2800 damage even on a dd isn't that bad.  It was a T10 ranked battle.   Maybe that DD should not have steered his ship right beside a CA in a battle......!

[WORX]
Members
9,076 posts
17,233 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Lert you know I like to agree with you but not on this one :P.  I been pointing out there is no warning for the shooter nor for the potato sailing to close to the firing arc. This is the only situation I wished WOWS would fix fast. Yes he should take responsibility no doubt. but give a visual warning THAT is the issue at hand.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,088 posts
17,161 battles
4 minutes ago, Greybeards_ghost said:

2800 damage even on a dd isn't that bad.

And how much incidental damage on teammates in previous matches, which didn't add up to trigger the pink?

3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Lert you know I like to agree with you but not on this one :P.  I been pointing out there is no warning for the shooter nor for the potato sailing to close to the firing arc. This is the only situation I wished WOWS would fix fast. Yes he should take responsibility no doubt. but give a visual warning THAT is the issue at hand.

Just pay more attention. Look around between salvos. Pay more attention to the minimap. It's not rocket science. Every day tens of thousands of people manage to not get pink. The game offers enough tools to avoid shooting teammates. It's up to the players to use them properly.

You fire it, you own it.

<Edit>

Here, this is a battle I had earlier today:

miNtk2R.jpg

You know what I did? Apologized and worked off the pink. I fired those shells, I didn't pay enough attention, I hit a teammate, my fault.

Besides, what is pink anyways? It's not a punishment. It's not even a tap on the fingers. It doesn't cost you XP worth speaking of even in the match it happens. It doesn't cost you credits. It won't affect the cost of bread or gasoline. It won't make you get laid any less. It's a non-punishment. A nonishment. Just get on with your life.

• Cool 3

[KWF]
Members
3,940 posts
5,946 battles

Being pink is a warning, not punishment. Until then, enjoy fashionable pink for 2 games.  If you keep it up and turn orange however, then yeah that's punishment.

Edited by warheart1992

Members
31 posts
9,761 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

And how much incidental damage on teammates in previous matches, which didn't add up to trigger the pink?

Just pay more attention. Look around between salvos. Pay more attention to the minimap. It's not rocket science. Every day tens of thousands of people manage to not get pink.

You fire it, you own it.

Seriously?  I don't even know how to get the numbers on "incidental" damage and your assumption that I regularly hit teammates is stupid.  I am a fully competent player.  I may not be great or have impressive stats but I play seriously and I am fairly intelligent.  I use my tools and have managed to avoid pink quite well thank you.   My play hasn't changed, the rules have.  In this case a penalty is being handed out for something I had no control over.  I had no idea another ship was in my line of fire.   That is not my fault, not to the point of penalizing players. 

[WORX]
Members
9,076 posts
17,233 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Just pay more attention. Look around between salvos. Pay more attention to the minimap. It's not rocket science. Every day tens of thousands of people manage to not get pink.

You fire it, you own it.

Again no argument from me on the owning part, However the accidental incursion into the firing arc is the worst offender of the new unsportsmanlike regulations. I would argue its the highest number of accidental pinks in the game that can be avoided by visual warnings (btw the Minimap on a firing arc incursion looks like there is 1 ship when there is right next to you.) Pink should be about warning hostile acts from a friendly not the accidental or purposeful  sailing into the firing arc when providing cover fire so that your teammate can escape. A visual warning is not must to implement to aviod these type of pink.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,088 posts
17,161 battles
7 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

A visual warning is not must to implement to aviod these type of pink.

Just look around between salvos. It's not difficult. The game already gives you all the tools necessary to avoid shooting teammates.

As for OPs situation, with the way the arcs work in this game said enemy had to have been ridiculously close to be hit with the shells, especially since it was a DD. Those are small ships. So it had to be right up OPs nose in order to even be able to hit it, since guns shoot up at an angle. And still he didn't see it? OP was tunnelvisioning. No amount of warning would've helped here. OP just needs to learn to not tunnelvision to the exclusion of everything else.

Another point, I've done more than 3k accidental damage to teammates without turning pink. So why did OP turn pink after doing 2800? He must've already been riding the line.

Members
31 posts
9,761 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

Just look around between salvos. It's not difficult. The game already gives you all the tools necessary to avoid shooting teammates.

As for OPs situation, with the way the arcs work in this game said enemy had to have been ridiculously close to be hit with the shells, especially since it was a DD. Those are small ships. So it had to be right up OPs nose in order to even be able to hit it. OP was tunnelvisioning. No amount of warning would've helped here. OP just needs to learn to not tunnelvision to the exclusion of all others.

Another point, I've done more than 3k accidental damage to teammates without turning pink. So why did OP turn pink after doing 2800? He must've already been riding the line.

I was behind the west opening of the rock surrounded A cap. Don't know the map name but this was my first time on the map in a T10 ranked battle.  I was in a Des Moines and was behind a minataur with a gearing roaming west of the opening.  The minataur went into A cap and I floated around the opening running radar and hydro.   Once they were exhausted, an opposing Des Moines was entering the gap going after our minataur.   I accelerated out beyond the southern point into the gap to attack the opposing Des Moines.   Just as I cleared the point, in binocular mode, I fired.  And hit my own DD.   So sue me.

Edit:  I also really have no idea what cummulative damage effect there is.  I will state again that I play seriously.  I don't shoot team mates.   I highly doubt I am in any danger of cummulative damage penalties.

Edited by Greybeards_ghost
additional point

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,886 posts
13,620 battles
16 minutes ago, Lert said:

Just pay more attention. Look around between salvos. Pay more attention to the minimap. It's not rocket science. Every day tens of thousands of people manage to not get pink. The game offers enough tools to avoid shooting teammates. It's up to the players to use them properly.

You fire it, you own it.

<Edit>

Here, this is a battle I had earlier today:

miNtk2R.jpg

You know what I did? Apologized and worked off the pink. I fired those shells, I didn't pay enough attention, I hit a teammate, my fault.

Besides, what is pink anyways? It's not a punishment. It's not even a tap on the fingers. It doesn't cost you XP worth speaking of even in the match it happens. It doesn't cost you credits. It won't affect the cost of bread or gasoline. It won't make you get laid any less. It's a non-punishment. A nonishment. Just get on with your life.

This, I did exactly what the OP did but with a tier 6 RN BB with a full load of HE on a Bismarck. My ordnance, my responsibility.  Even under the system in place at the time it didn't take long before reflected damage kicked in and I was dead and pink for 7 matches, actually I did enough damage while working it off that it was only 5. Take this as a lesson and watch closer, you have no control over your teammates.

[Y0L0]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,716 posts
5,089 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

Just look around between salvos. It's not difficult. 

Also stop ramming into other ships. That does small damage that adds up after many games. 

Take Lerts advice and LOOK

[WORX]
Members
9,076 posts
17,233 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

it only takes 1 salvo of HE with a fire to turn pink. I am not immune to it, I wore pink proudly but no warning when your close to a firing arc is not deliberate and it discredits the meaning of pink being someone who did something deliberate. THAT is what I am worried about.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,088 posts
17,161 battles
3 minutes ago, Greybeards_ghost said:

I was behind the west opening of the rock surrounded A cap. Don't know the map name but this was my first time on the map in a T10 ranked battle.  I was in a Des Moines and was behind a minataur with a gearing roaming west of the opening.  The minataur went into A cap and I floated around the opening running radar and hydro.   Once they were exhausted, an opposing Des Moines was entering the gap going after our minataur.   I accelerated out beyond the southern point into the gap to attack the opposing Des Moines.   Just as I cleared the point, in binocular mode, I fired.  And hit my own DD.   So sue me.

Edit:  I also really have no idea what cummulative damage effect there is.  I will state again that I play seriously.  I don't shoot team mates.   I highly doubt I am in any danger of cummulative damage penalties.

'So sue me'? ... I don't mind people doing accidental teamdamage. I mind people complaining about the consequences of it. You fire it, you own it. Pink isn't a punishment, it's a reminder to be more careful.

The way it works is that every time you do teamdamage, it gets added to a pool. If you trip a certain amount, you get pinked. Normal play - IE, matches done with good damage to the enemy team and no teamdamage - will drain the pool of accumulated teamdamage. So incidental teamdamage isn't a big problem, as long as you keep it down.

Is the trigger a bit too sensitive now? Maybe. Maybe not. I'm sure WG is monitoring it and will adjust as necessary.

As for your final edit, yeah, I agree. 2 pink matches is a very, very soft warning. First-time level stuff. Just shrug and work it off, ain't no big deal.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,088 posts
17,161 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

it only takes 1 salvo of HE with a fire to turn pink. I am not immune to it, I wore pink proudly but no warning when your close to a firing arc is not deliberate and it discredits the meaning of pink being someone who did something deliberate. THAT is what I am worried about.

Look. Around. Between. Salvos. If you just hold rightmouse for a quarter of a second before firing you can see at a glance if there's someone in front of your guns.

Members
6,014 posts
6,965 battles
34 minutes ago, Greybeards_ghost said:

That is kinda harsh.  2800 damage even on a dd isn't that bad.  It was a T10 ranked battle.   Maybe that DD should not have steered his ship right beside a CA in a battle......!

Bruh, 2800 HP is about 15%(give or take depending on the DDs max HP) of most DDs total HP pool.

Members
31 posts
9,761 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

'So sue me'? ... I don't mind people doing accidental teamdamage. I mind people complaining about the consequences of it. You fire it, you own it. Pink isn't a punishment, it's a reminder to be more careful.

The way it works is that every time you do teamdamage, it gets added to a pool. If you trip a certain amount, you get pinked. Normal play - IE, matches done with good damage to the enemy team and no teamdamage - will drain the pool of accumulated teamdamage. So incidental teamdamage isn't a big problem, as long as you keep it down.

Is the trigger a bit too sensitive now? Maybe. Maybe not. I'm sure WG is monitoring it and will adjust as necessary.

As for your final edit, yeah, I agree. 2 pink matches is a very, very soft warning. First-time level stuff. Just shrug and work it off, ain't no big deal.

Fine.  I thought when this idea was first put out that it would be too harsh.  I said so in the survey as well.  Now, it has happened to me, I came here and posted my feelings about it.  I appreciate the responses and thoughts.  I will indeed have to be more careful.  In my mind pink is bad, it means team killer.  So , I will have to adjust that thinking as well.  One point I will stand on here.  If you are going to make me pink, which tells others I am a danger, then at least give me a visual clue I don't want to fire.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,088 posts
17,161 battles
3 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Bruh, 2800 HP is about 15%(give or take depending on the DDs max HP) of most DDs total HP pool.

That raises a thought. Is it relative damage that counts or total damage? IE, what brings you close to tripping the pink, 15% of a DD's HP or 10% of a BB's HP?

[WORX]
Members
9,076 posts
17,233 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Look. Around. Between. Salvos. If you just hold rightmouse for a quarter of a second before firing you can see at a glance if there's someone in front of your guns.

Agreed but again, you can control your guns but you can control the movement of your teammate sailing close to you. that is why a visual warning is adequate in this situation.

Members
31 posts
9,761 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

That raises a thought. Is it relative damage that counts or total damage? IE, what brings you close to tripping the pink, 15% of a DD's HP or 10% of a BB's HP?

In this case, even though I did not kill him, he was very low on hp.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,088 posts
17,161 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

Agreed but again, you can control your guns but you can control the movement of your teammate sailing close to you. that is why a visual warning is adequate in this situation.

No, but you can look around to see where he is ...

We're just repeating the same arguments now. So let's just agree to disagree. Your opinion is that additional visual indicators are necessary, my opinion is that the game already gives the player enough tools as is. I doubt either of us is going to convince the other.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,886 posts
13,620 battles
Just now, Greybeards_ghost said:

In this case, even though I did not kill him, he was very low on hp.

If that 2800 was enough to kill him that is why you are pink, take the last hit point and you are pink. Becoming pink is really only an issue if you do it enough to become orange and banned to co-op for awhile.

Members
31 posts
9,761 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

If that 2800 was enough to kill him that is why you are pink, take the last hit point and you are pink. Becoming pink is really only an issue if you do it enough to become orange and banned to co-op for awhile.

Uhm, did you read my post?  If I ever got banished to co op I would quit playing...  LOL.  I am not complaining that the game is too hard.   I have no problem playing and I know how to use all the tools.  I score well on my team more often than not.  Listen guys, really.  I can play, I know what to do and how to do it.  This is a post about how the new rules are affecting players.   Stop assuming I suck and don't know what I am talking about.  I am active on the test server, in a clan, consistently make rank 10 in ranked battles.  I don't expect a resolution, the discussion has been pretty good, but it seems no one really wants to consider an opinion and just wants to say deal with it.