Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

WG if you want me to buy a special commander.

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,456
[TBW]
Members
9,550 posts
16,311 battles

You should give Elite commander XP or Doubloons enough to assign them to the ships I want. If I am going to spend cash on a commander, I don't want to have to grind XP or expend Commander XP or use doubloons to move them.

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,841
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

All the special Commanders that are for sale Jutland,Honore,Doe..... Are assigned to Tier 1 ships of their Nation at purchase. You the Buyer have to retrain them on the ship you want him assigned to. I agree WG give a free assignment with these Commanders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
672 posts
2,902 battles
Just now, CLUCH_CARGO said:

All the special Commanders that are for sale Jutland,Honore,Doe..... Are assigned to Tier 1 ships of their Nation at purchase. You the Buyer have to retrain them on the ship you want him assigned to. I agree WG give a free assignment with these Commanders.

I don't $ee any rea$on why WG would $ell you $omething and then make you $pend more to be u$able.  

 

  • Funny 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,628
[O-PN]
[O-PN]
Members
9,111 posts
10,491 battles

I agree. WG already has enough blatant cashgrabs, but for forcing you to waste various currencies on something you already spent real money on is just...bad. It's really, really bad.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,215 posts
3,177 battles

I would have liked the bundles to just have the captains (at 15 points, not 10) and a handful of elite commander XP, enough to retrain them twice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,979
[YORHA]
Members
4,767 posts
9,353 battles

Meanwhile, somewhere in Eastern Europe...

make-it-rain-pc.gif

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
402
[CUTER]
Privateers, Supertester
870 posts

You could argue they include that in the price, and offer the captain at a raw discount with that. Be careful what you wish for, because you may not like what you get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,456
[TBW]
Members
9,550 posts
16,311 battles
1 minute ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

You could argue they include that in the price, and offer the captain at a raw discount with that. Be careful what you wish for, because you may not like what you get.

I considered that but then, I didn't buy any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
386
[36]
Members
447 posts
9,134 battles

Kinda like selling you XP bonus missions and then making you pay to convert it into free xp. It's deja vu all over again.

Edited by _Starbuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
402
[CUTER]
Privateers, Supertester
870 posts
10 minutes ago, _Starbuck said:

Kinda like selling you elite XP bonus missions and then making you pay to convert it into free xp. It's deja vu all over again.

Huh? Elite EXP missions you can already use on captains though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
386
[36]
Members
447 posts
9,134 battles

What I mean is that you get a premium ship that generates extra experience through special missions included with a bundle, but a premium ship has no use for the extra xp, you can only use it once it's converted to free xp using doubloons...So you have to buy doubloons to get the most out of your previous WG purchases, basically paying for the same bonus twice. Sorry about my confusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
650
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,357 posts
6,747 battles

WG is here to make money, not cater to every player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,702
[ARGSY]
Members
17,539 posts
12,191 battles
36 minutes ago, _Starbuck said:

a premium ship has no use for the extra xp

It earns you your daily crates faster, and helps get XP-based missions that aren't base XP done quicker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
248
[BBP]
Members
341 posts
7,531 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

George Doe and his Bros? Or the Azur Lane ladies? (or both...)

I don't see George Doe and his bros for sale anywhere so I assume he means Azur Lane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,513
[RLGN]
Members
13,301 posts
23,199 battles
7 minutes ago, _MiDKnighTx_ said:

I don't see George Doe and his bros for sale anywhere so I assume he means Azur Lane.

Huh...

Someone else mentioned that so I checked before leaving for work. Found them at the bottom of the shop’s ‘Featured’ page, below the Azure ladies, and on the ‘Specials’ page.

Sometimes when I click on those links my browser opens a new page but doesn’t auto-log me in; other than maybe that keeping people from seeing everything, I have no idea why they aren’t showing up.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
379
[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles
3 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You should give Elite commander XP or Doubloons enough to assign them to the ships I want. If I am going to spend cash on a commander, I don't want to have to grind XP or expend Commander XP or use doubloons to move them.

agreed.   I broke down and bought John Does brah a week or so back only to find out he's by default assigned to the Erie.  You have to spend either gold or commander exp or free exp to move him to a real ship.  It's more an irritation for me as I have a lot of free exp and commander exp banked.  But it still feels like double dipping by WG for these captains.  Why not just have him unassigned when u buy him? 

Oh well -- fool me once...  

Edited by Dr_Dirt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,262
[WOLF3]
Members
2,135 posts
4,427 battles
2 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I agree. WG already has enough blatant cashgrabs, but for forcing you to waste various currencies on something you already spent real money on is just...bad. It's really, really bad.

Sometimes the only way to show them a deal is bad is by NOT buying something. They really notice that. Some people need to control the whale within.

 

whale-parts-gaming.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,456
[TBW]
Members
9,550 posts
16,311 battles
3 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

Why not just have him unassigned when u buy him?

I thought that maybe there was a reason that they couldn't have him unassigned. That's why I suggested Elite XP or gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
320
[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,859 posts
4,861 battles

If you can afford to buy them to begin with...you should be able to afford the small amount of gold required for retraining...:Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
379
[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles
56 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

WG is here to make money, not cater to every player.

come -on man.  sure they are here to make money...no argument.  there's making money and there's making money.  this feels a little used car salesmanship'ish 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
379
[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles
3 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

If you can afford to buy them to begin with...you should be able to afford the small amount of gold required for retraining...:Smile_hiding:

pfft...seriously.   he was $15 bucks.  and it's called the principal of the thing.  and whether or not I can afford something has zero to do with wanting to get ripped off via a hidden cost.  

Edited by Dr_Dirt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
379
[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I thought that maybe there was a reason that they couldn't have him unassigned. That's why I suggested Elite XP or gold.

probably -- dunno the specifics.  but they write their own code so if theres a will theres a way.  my assumption is there isnt the will to do either.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,924 posts
7,591 battles

Or maybe base the retraining penalty on *assigned* captain points, instead of overall captain points.  So if you buy or win a 10 point captain and haven't assigned any of those points, it's trivial to move them.  WG might even get more gold out of it since some might spend the gold to re-spec a captain's skills to avoid having to do a grind.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,136 posts
3,367 battles
3 hours ago, SCygnus said:

I don't $ee any rea$on why WG would $ell you $omething and then make you $pend more to be u$able.  

 

Ar€ you $aying th€ir action$ ar€ motivat€d by  ₽rofit?

19 minutes ago, Dr_Dirt said:

...this feels a little used car salesmanship'ish 

That's WG in a nutshell. The same people that will sell broken german carriers, tanks that require premium ammo to actually perform to spec, downgrade premiums once they were forced to offer them for free, change the deal/specs on other premiums... Used car salesman fits pretty well.

 

 

Edited by Mulletproof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×