You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
diddlyv

USS Massachusettes

38 comments in this topic

[TORP]
Members
243 posts
21,831 battles

Lots of them played by testers lately when and how is this ship getting into the game for us mortals??

[HINON]
Supertester
20,095 posts
13,578 battles

Wait and see. It's not been announced how yet.

[SF-A]
Members
2,976 posts
6,122 battles

It has not been released.

My speculation? Standard premium ship. There hasn't been a new BB lately, and if they get it right it will be very popular (especially up here in the Northeast).

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,646 posts
2,637 battles

I saw a video with it brawling with secondaries with a Bismark. Of course it lost, but the secondaries can reach out past 10km I believe

[PVE]
Members
7,239 posts
12,499 battles
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, _1204_ said:

I saw a video with it brawling with secondaries with a Bismark. Of course it lost, but the secondaries can reach out past 10km I believe

Current configuration of MA w/ applied secondary boosts...

GUNS:

• 10X2 127 MM

RANGE:

• 7.5km base range
  • +20% w/ SBM2 = 9.0km
  • +20% range w/ AFT Capt skill / +20% range w/ SBM2  = 10.8km
  • +5% secondary flag / +20% range w/ AFT Capt skill / +20% range w/ SBM2 = 11.34km

RELOAD:

• 4.0 sec base reload 
  • -10% reload w/ BFT Capt skill = 3.6 sec reload
  • -20% reload w/ SBM2 / -10% reload w/ BFT Capt skill = 2.88 sec reload 

DAMAGE:

• HE Shells
  • 1800 damage
  • 5% fire chance

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

Members
309 posts
1,936 battles
22 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

GUNS:

• 10X2 127 MM

RANGE:

• 7.5km base range
  • +20% w/ SBM2 = 9.0km
  • +5% secondary flag / +20% range w/ AFT Capt skill / +20% range w/ SBM2 = 11.34km

RELOAD:

• 4.0 sec base reload 
  • -20% reload w/ SBM3 / -10% reload w/ BFT Capt skill = 2.88 sec reload 

DAMAGE:

• HE Shells
  • 1800 damage
  • 5% fire chance

Sweet, now why don't Iowa/MO, NC, and AL have that secondary reload time?

Members
186 posts
8,299 battles
1 hour ago, admiral_noone said:

Sweet, now why don't Iowa/MO, NC, and AL have that secondary reload time?

I agree USN secondaries are a joke in their current state, but if they were buffed into being effective the KM mains would cry foul that their specialty ain't special anymore.

[XO]
[XO]
Members
202 posts
7,861 battles
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:53 PM, pewpewpew42 said:

It has not been released.

My speculation? Standard premium ship. There hasn't been a new BB lately, and if they get it right it will be very popular (especially up here in the Northeast).

I believe you are correct about the popularity of "Big Mamie" here in the Northeast. I can't wait for her to hit the Tech Tree.

Purchased the Premium Alabama solely because of its 'Sister-ship' status to the Massachusetts. Just about a week later I heard the Massachusetts was in testing stage...:Smile_facepalm:  Oh well.

"If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything." – William Lyon Phelps

NGA is recruiting both Social & Competitive players alike.

Visit our website @ https://navygamingamerica.enjin.com

Edited by CIT_Happens
placement

Members
309 posts
1,936 battles
1 hour ago, rapier_ape said:

I agree USN secondaries are a joke in their current state, but if they were buffed into being effective the KM mains would cry foul that their specialty ain't special anymore.

It’s just a reload buff, range will always be their weakness. 

[PVE]
Members
7,239 posts
12,499 battles
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:18 PM, admiral_noone said:

It’s just a reload buff, range will always be their weakness. 

MA will have same range as Bismarck. They buffed range and ROF

EDIT - so is this down vote legit or from my little forum stalker troll? If this is legit please tell me what is bad about simply stating stat info. LOL

EDIT 2 - So still getting downvotes for JUST posting factual stats. People on this forum are freaking hilarious. The Bismarck and Massachusetts will have the EXACT same range for secondary guns. It's a FACT...

• Bismarck: w/ SBM2 + Capt with AFT + Secondary Flag = 11.34km range
  • Massachusetts: w/ SBM2 + Capt with AFT + Secondary Flag = 11.34km range
Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 4

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
560 posts
12,232 battles
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:04 PM, glacier_de said:

I want my USS Massachusetts!  If it is not totally OP, I will be very upset.

20160611_114152.thumb.jpg.d7c11523c17b2d52714b40acf83facfc.jpg

You know what's funny.  I think that is really how I truly feel :)   Gudbote not enough, MUST BE OP!!! :)

Beta Testers
55 posts
4,670 battles

Are there any rumors to a release date for it? I want this ship in my life. I heard the 25th but I dont have my hopes up.

[MOH]
Members
441 posts
1,721 battles
On 5/31/2018 at 6:07 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

GUNS:

• 10X2 127 MM

RANGE:

• 7.5km base range
  • +20% w/ SBM2 = 9.0km

RELOAD:

• 4.0 sec base reload 
  • -20% reload w/ SBM3 / -10% reload w/ BFT Capt skill = 2.88 sec reload 

DAMAGE:

• HE Shells
  • 1800 damage
  • 5% fire chance

Unless I'm mistaken, SBM3 is a 6th slot upgrade, which isn't available to T8 ships. 

[PVE]
Members
7,239 posts
12,499 battles
1 hour ago, Ranari said:

Unless I'm mistaken, SBM3 is a 6th slot upgrade, which isn't available to T8 ships. 

Typo - should be SBM2 as in the section above it. Corrected it. My apologies.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Bad 1

[MOH]
Members
441 posts
1,721 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Typo - should be SBM2

It doesn't affect reload though, just range and dispersion.  Taking Adrenaline Rush out of the equation, 3.6s looks to be the reload speed of the secondary battery when Basic Firing Training is factored in.

[PVE]
Members
7,239 posts
12,499 battles
27 minutes ago, Ranari said:

It doesn't affect reload though, just range and dispersion.  Taking Adrenaline Rush out of the equation, 3.6s looks to be the reload speed of the secondary battery when Basic Firing Training is factored in.

Yup. Guess I wasn't thinking straight when I did it and thought SBM3 would be available? Removed that line from the original. Thanks for catching that.

• Bad 1

[-OIF-]
Members
1 post
2,052 battles

Hi there, just curious if anyone has heard / seen a release date.  I saw some people in game talking yesterday and they were saying it would be this week's refresh - Friday I believe of the store.  thanks

[MOH]
Members
441 posts
1,721 battles

I wouldn't be surprised if this ship is going to be released along with the US Light Cruiser line.

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
560 posts
12,232 battles

well it would need to be tomorrow to be available for 4th of July...

[GOFU]
Members
111 posts
6,715 battles

Way I got it was a popup in port asking if I wanted to buy it.    So far I have found two things I think should be changed.

You only have a fighter plane no spotter.  Don't see many CV's so fighter is a waste. Also the main guns are something else......I think I almost

hit a ship at max range, was pretty happy about that until I realized the ship was behind me and I had all my guns facing forward.  Lets just say

dispersion is a little on the wild side.  They warn you about that on the wright up but it was worse than I was expecting even with the warning.

Members
1,720 posts
9,150 battles

Hey

I thought about getting the Mass. but since I already have the Alabama and it's the same class of ship and with better main guns, why bother.  If I want a real secondary build ship; I will take my German which works just fine.  

Pete

[ANKER]
Members
232 posts
4,318 battles
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:01 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

snip

It appears Mass also has much improved accuracy, a -40% base buff iirc before the modules and skills. 
Honestly, if this gets widespread known I wouldn't be surprised if German BB mains started crying. IIRC LWM also did a test of Mass vs Bis in full secondary IFHE builds, and Massachusetts murdered the Bis every time in secondary only duels.
It's not surprising either. The German battleships actually miss a hilarious amount of shells, it's like the accuracy of the secondaries is equivalent to the main guns (bad). Whenever I check hits/damage/shots fired, there is a ton of missed potential. Particularly, the 105mm guns are very shotgun like at range, with incredible spread. Massachussets having basically an Atlanta strapped to it with equivalent accuracy makes them far more effective as a rule. The most fires and damage per shots come from the 150mm guns on Bismarck in my view, and Mass having 127mm guns with lower reload means it strikes a better midpoint when specced into IFHE.