You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AmericanHero_2

The American Armada Force One Recruitment Brief

6 comments in this topic

[IAF1]
Members
6 posts
4,201 battles

Hello Captains, I'm AmericanHero_2 and I'm the leader of the American Armada Force One [AAF1]. I'm looking for active, loyal, social, and fun shipmates to join this clan. We're a level 7 clan that can hold up to 40 members. We have a full research center, dock, and shipyard. We run a discord system as well as a ranking system that is easy to follow. We accept captains with Tier V and higher. Clan battles you must have your own Tier X to participate. We have Clan Events that allows our members to obtain free items. We're Competitive, Fun, but our main mission is to help better Captains game. Thank you for your time if you have any questions don't be scared to ask me in-game and I'll get back with you asap. If you want to join then go ahead and send a invite and the discord link will be waiting for you.(Make sure your discord name is the same as your in-game name thank you.) I hope to see you soon

aaf1.png

Beta Testers
114 posts
1,367 battles

Hello AH_2. I'm interested in your clan, but I have some questions that aren't answered by your advertisement. My reasons for each question are given in italics.

(1)TIME ZONE: Is any of the clan leadership in mountain or pacific time zone, or play late into the night (1-2am) if eastern/central?

Why? Because my experience is that the clan leadership is most helpful to those they personally know. Leaders can only know members who play during the same time period, which usually means the same time zone. A key clan benefit is learning from the clan leaders.

Personally, I play later in Pacific Time, and need clan  where at least some leaders do the same.

(2) DIVISION LEADERSHIP: Does the clan have a system for assigning DivCOs (division commanders) in random battles, expect DivCOs provide a battle plan, and Div members to follow orders?

Why? Because either the clan tries to work together when they division-up, or they decide what to do whatever they want without worrying about coordination.

I prefer a clan that is "serious" about doing their best in each division battle.

(3) TRAINERS WHO KNOW TEACHING: Do the clan "trainers" have any real-world experience as a teacher or mentor?

Why? Because many clans have "trainers" who haven't a clue about HOW to train. They might know about the game, but they don't know about VAK, can't build a lesson plan for multiple learner types, and don't tailor mentoring to the student's learning style.  Game knowledge is only half the battle. The other half is communicating that knowledge to the student!

My terrible stats show that I need help. I know that the better the teacher, the more I'll learn.

(4) AARs: Do members who sail together religiously perform AARs (After Action Reviews) after each fight? If they do, how much "blame gaming" and CYAing is done?

Why? Because even since S.L.A. Marshal's seminal works decades ago, the US Military has trained its leaders to perform AARs, honestly and unemotionally, so everyone can learn from what happened.

Personally, doing a personal AAR after every battle is better than nothing, but I'd value perspectives and insights from others who fought in the same battle.

(5) CONVERSATIONAL CLARITY: Do members curse a blue streak in every sentence, especially in battle, or do they speak proper, professional English?

Why? Because "Hey swinging swampy, that s**ting f**ker needs a new p***y; r**e that tiny nip fa**ot in B" is nowhere as clear and concise as "Swampy, please destroy the Japanese DD in Bravo cap." All military services demand basic radio discipline to insure clarity (see http://www.stanag6001.com/radio-communication-rules/ for a basic explanation).

I'm not a prude, nor am I aligned to a religious cause. I just prefer calm, clear rational discourse. Constant swearing makes me wonder why the person needs it (see https://www.2knowmyself.com/why_do_some_people_swear_all_the_time).

[IAF1]
Members
6 posts
4,201 battles

Alright thank you for contacting me Yasha. I will answer those questions in which you have listed them

Time-Zone: Eastern time of the United States. 

Division Leadership: So here we have four ranks Admiral, Commander, Petty Officer, and Sailor. If you're in a Division with two other shipmates, the highest ranking will be the Division Commander. If everyone is the same rank it's the one who has been in the clan the longest. Division Commanders come up with the plan and you all execute to the best that you can. If your plan works then share it with the staff and walk us through the plan. We focus on clan working together comfortably rather than a plan for just specific people. 

Trainers: Those are the Petty Officers job as well as recruiting. For now it's myself however after im done teaching the upcoming Petty Officers they'll take on the responsible of training new sailor's. Also we'll have training session as a whole clan from time to time to see where everyone is at.

AARs: Sometimes we will depending on how the battle went and if so there's no blame game if we lost we lost as a team. Same as if we win there's no mvp just great job by everyone and let's get prepared for the next battle. 

Conversation Clarity: All I ask is limited cursing and respect each other. In fact those are two of our general orders. 

Just throwing this in we're a serious and competitive clan when it comes to battle plans and clan battles however it's cool to enjoy the clan and battling with your shipmates to have a good time.

I hope I've answered all of your questions which were very good ones too. If you have anymore you know what to do lol. Take care and hope to see you soon.

[T_O_G]
Members
5 posts
4,857 battles

i'm also interested in looking for a different clan.. the one i'm in is dead, as in only 2 people really play and both of us are interested in clan battles.. and a more active clan.. we're also older 

[OBS]
Members
1,269 posts
10,564 battles

One clan I was in there were constant references to "my dude" and "bro-ham".  To me that was far more grating than open cursing.  California thing I guess.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
555 posts

im a north america player on the east coast is that a suitable timeframe for your clan battles and if yes 

is there spots to fill in your clan battles?