Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

Which US cruiser to keep?

14 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,077 posts
17,119 battles

These kinds of topics always amuse me. Keep the ones you enjoy. Sell the ones you don't. It's not rocket science.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,749 posts
24,964 battles

Hard to tell. I have enough empty port slots plus 270mio credits so both are not an incentive. 

Pensacola 

Pro:

- got a premium camo from my Cleveland

Con:

- I have the Indianapolis 

- don’t think I will play her often

NO

Pro:

- got the New Year campaign camo so I can train a captain up very fast

Con:

- meaningless ship, will not play again

- did I said I have the Indianapolis?

Baltimore

Pro

- was a okish ship before

- T8 with radar, may something for a T8 ranked season

Con

- I have enough other T8 cruisers

[-NOS-]
Members
1,220 posts
21,100 battles

Personally, I do not keep anything lower than tier 10 unless they are premium ships like the Atago, Loyang and whatnot.

[F-N-S]
Members
556 posts
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

These kinds of topics always amuse me. Keep the ones you enjoy. Sell the ones you don't. It's not rocket science.

to know the full potential of a ship, I need upgrading hulls and modules, which cost a lot of money...... Also with a high pt captain, spec-ed for that ship.... 

So I can only play a ship with nothing at all for a few battles to make a decision...

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,077 posts
17,119 battles
5 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

to know the full potential of a ship, I need upgrading hulls and modules, which cost a lot of money...... Also with a high pt captain, spec-ed for that ship....

You know, that's actually fair enough.

Alright, my personal opinion ... Keep Pensa, sell NO and Balti.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

wait for that sweet helena.

[CHIEF]
Members
10 posts
4,233 battles

I see on my tech tree Indianapolis is not even listed was it a special ship at one time or something.  

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,077 posts
17,119 battles
1 minute ago, mbanta62 said:

I see on my tech tree Indianapolis is not even listed was it a special ship at one time or something.  

It's a premium, not a tech tree ship.

[CHIEF]
Members
10 posts
4,233 battles

Thank you for the answer I appreciate it.  Have not been playing very long unfortunately wish I had it is a lot of fun and kind of addicting.  There is still a lot of things I have not quite figured out but am learning more every day.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,310 posts

I have plenty of port slots (they keep giving me more!), and lots of credits, so I don't see the need to make that decision for myself.

However,  if you DO need space;

I'd say keep Baltimore- for fun and Ranked;   Balti is essentially what a heavy gun cruiser SHOULD be, imo.  

and

Buffalo, because it's a friggin BEAST, and knocks planes out of the sky like no other, lol.

as for the others:

Pensacola is meh, right now- it really could use a minor tweak or two in order to be classified as a keeper to play just for fun.   I took it out last night, and blasted away just like always, so it's not $hit.  However, the "seen from Space (tm)" detectability, and terrible turret traverse  will make it difficult to play in many situations.  ESP in Randoms- where everyone's looking for an easy kill.   Imo, when those were buffed a few patches ago, it really made the ship- you could USE your best defensive asset( your speed and maneuverability) to your advantage, and you weren't spotted 30 seconds into every match.   That combo just WORKED.   And made it fun to play:  basically a light cruiser with lots of nasty 8" guns, that almost handled like a big DD!   Now they reverted those important buffs, dropped it's health- and it still sees all the same ships it did before the change (save tier 9's)- it's just weaker now in relation to them.

If you like it, and have fun playing it, then keep it.  However, if you NEED to trim your port- this is one of the weaker US cruiser offerings.  Who knows- perhaps WG will keep watching the data and make a tweak or two in the future.  They'll also have another tier 6 USN cruiser to compare it to in a bit when the next update hits, so...   Nothing like a full release, and putting it into the hands of thousands and thousands of players to see how it really fits, lol.

New Orleans I haven't played yet since the switch.  However, tier 7 is the cruiser sweet spot, and New Orleans is quite a bit better than the Pensa was for the tier.   Might be useful to have for tier 7 OPS, or for general cruiser play.  It IS kinda vanilla, though- there's no major defining flavor- just:  Cruiser- Heavy, USN.    For those who enjoy the USN CA playstyle-  <points to self emphatically>  it's worth it to have in the quiver.   Plus now you get to beat on tier 5 ships with it!!

NO does have the advantage of a better gun arrangement than the other tier 7 CA's.  Plus no torps to put you in compromising positions trying to use them.   Again, NOT a bad ship, but if you MUST sell something, this would be your other most likely candidate.

[MARE]
Members
381 posts
11,297 battles

I'm keeping them all. I like Pensa at T6, I always liked the Balti, and NO has premium camo I won from some event.

Sign in to follow this