Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
jrchappe

Kronstadt captain skills

6 comments in this topic

[SIDE]
Members
70 posts
15,888 battles

Hello all, would love to hear how you are training your captains for this ship.  Obviously the AP-only narrows the choices down somewhat but I'm still interested to know how you guys are doing it.

[RBMK]
Members
2,133 posts
13,883 battles

I would yse the russian special commander with PM, EM, SI, Conceal, Repair, JOAT, AR, damage con

Members
234 posts
803 battles

I have special russian commander:

Priority Target - or you die
Preventive Maintenance - 40% with captain. Stuff, even guns, get taken out relatively easily. You have a lot of health but not module health. It's a cruiser that has huge health but that doesn't translate into module health. With special captain, almost nothing breaks.
Expert Marksman - Guns turn slow for a cruiser, special captain bonus
Superintendant - I think this almost doesn't matter. I don't believe I've ever used all my heals and never came close to my other consumables. I'd get the bonus health, as worthless as it is, but I just feel like I "should" have this. Maybe BFT is slightly better. But level 3 skills are not very important, IMHO.
Concealment - This takes your visibility down to 50000000000 km, which is an improvement. Everyone shoots at you. That's why PT and PM are absolutely necessary.

Of all this, only PT/PM/Conceal make much difference. As far as stuff like Adrenaline, I feel Kron has to wait for GOOD shots, not just firing ASAP like most cruisers or even some BBs. So if you had quadruple your rate of fire, all you'd do is be smashing a lot of shells and be permanently visible. For every 4 shots, you get 1 great shot. It's those great shots that make this ship.

I will get High Alert, which captain has a bonus. That makes a lot of other stuff redundant, as you can spam Damage Control faster than you'll be torched/damaged/flooded.

NOTE: this is my nooby opinion

[PVE]
Members
11,012 posts
20,924 battles

I am running the Russian Capt we could win a few weeks back. Viktor Znamensky. I have him to 14 pts now and have assigned them as follows (blue skills are his special ones)...

1. PT/PM/IFA
  2. HA/EM
  3. SI
  4. CE

Last 5 will probably be AR(2) and BOS(3)

Might not be everyone's preferred build but works for me.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

Members
234 posts
803 battles

Seems pretty solid. MOSTLY what I have.

I use defensive AA. Spotting is annoying and at that range you scatter crazy. I've only encountered 1 CV since then. I managed to get 5 plane kills using defensive. I was quite surprised and I think it helped a lot. Based on that, I might consider putting a bit in AA. I hadn't even considered it before, but assuming the CV rework happens soonish and more ppl play them, it will matter.

I don't know about IFA. Kron isn't very agile and I think PT covers a decent chunk. I think HA will cover BOS. You'll have like a 48 second damage control with captain.

Sign in to follow this