You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

Azure Lane Captains are Here

36 comments in this topic

[SEALZ]
Members
666 posts
7,491 battles

All captains except Nelson are in shop for $15.99 each. AL Commanders come with flags like the special commanders already being sold. Several other bundles being sold as well.

• Cool 2

Members
1,215 posts
3,177 battles

Looks to me like they don't have any special skills or abilities. 16 dollars for a captain without skills is too steep for me. I'm going to pass. 

Edited by CarbonButtprint
  • Cool 1

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
781 posts
10,622 battles

Actually they are 10 point commanders, but I see your point as in they don't have anything that adds to any skill such as past special commanders.  They are about ~$10 USD each with flags so I guess if you have the cash and need flags you could buy the commander bundle.  $70 is a bit steep though

[SEALZ]
Members
666 posts
7,491 battles
7 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Looks to me like they don't have any special skills. 16 dollars for a captain without skills is too much for me. I'm going to pass. 

It is a bit pricey, but I may pitch in a little bit, been a while since I have donated funds to the cause, plus I could use a new US captain that doesn’t have to grind through a lack of CE.

[TBW]
Members
9,546 posts
16,311 battles
37 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Looks to me like they don't have any special skills. 16 dollars for a captain without skills is too much for me. I'm going to pass. 

I think the signals are the selling point. Not engaging wallet either.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,914 posts
5,814 battles
20 minutes ago, Kuramitsu said:

Need more German waifus imo, like the Bismarck.

20180425_014631.jpg

That is Tirpitz. :Smile-_tongue:

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

Unless they're already 19 points, $16 is way too much for these. Holy crap.

• Cool 3

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
12,228 battles
1 hour ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Looks to me like they don't have any special skills or abilities. 16 dollars for a captain without skills is too steep for me. I'm going to pass. 

I think for most of the folks who would buy these the "special skills" are all in their imaginations.

• Funny 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
10,952 posts
14,939 battles

I suppose if you are a fan these must be cool. For the rest of us I can not see any reason to buy them. Am I missing something?

• Cool 2

[LLF]
Beta Testers
511 posts
25 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

That is Tirpitz. :Smile-_tongue:

Oops lol yea I'll fix that

[SEALZ]
Members
666 posts
7,491 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

I suppose if you are a fan these must be cool. For the rest of us I can not see any reason to buy them. Am I missing something?

It’s just a collaboration. Just like any premium ship WG pushes out you either buy it or you don’t. Up to you.

[YORHA]
Members
4,766 posts
9,353 battles
Just now, Berlimawurst said:

Sadly unique commanders are gone now, I really wish that they label the expiration date

Unique commanders are still there.  You have to log into the Premium shop to see them.

Edited by JCC45

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
10,952 posts
14,939 battles
Just now, Usedcarjock said:

It’s just a collaboration. Just like any premium ship WG pushes out you either buy it or you don’t. Up to you.

Not sure that is a good comparison.  Premium ship provides a service beyond just being a skin. A unique commander provides a different set of skills. I seems to me like the Azure commanders are literally just a skin.  Which is OK , like I said if you are a fan. 

[POINT]
Beta Testers
382 posts
6,051 battles

So what the heck is in the "Azur Lane Mission"? I thought Nelson was the free one but she's included in the bundle to seemingly prop up the price-tag higher.

[SEALZ]
Members
666 posts
7,491 battles
3 minutes ago, SneakHayabusa said:

So what the heck is in the "Azur Lane Mission"? I thought Nelson was the free one but she's included in the bundle to seemingly prop up the price-tag higher.

Nelson from what I gather is free for everyone who completes three missions starting tomorrow. She’s included in the all captains bundle because.... I honestly don’t know. Maybe if you want her but don’t have time to complete the missions?

[POINT]
Beta Testers
382 posts
6,051 battles
1 minute ago, Usedcarjock said:

Nelson from what I gather is free for everyone who completes three missions starting tomorrow. She’s included in the all captains bundle because.... I honestly don’t know. Maybe if you want her but don’t have time to complete the missions?

Yeah. To me it just seems like a way for them to inflate the price an extra $10 for no reason. If they include her, why even give the mission to I guess unlock her again? Unless the mission is to unlock the flag.

[HINON]
Members
3,239 posts
24,771 battles
17 minutes ago, paradat said:

ikr...

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,914 posts
5,814 battles

My assumption is that if one buys the 'everyone' bundle, then it's possible to get another Nelson from the missions.

[WOLF8]
Members
6,596 posts
5,800 battles

So... do they even have... voices? No? How about... some special boosted skills? No either? Aww. Well, at least they're cute anime captains... and this time also available to purchase from in-game shop, which means I can buy through Steam. Hooray. xD

• Boring 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
Just now, Blorgh2017 said:

So... do they even have... voices? No? How about... some special boosted skills? No either? Aww. Well, at least they're cute anime captains... and this time also available to purchase from in-game shop, which means I can buy through Steam. Hooray. xD

They do have voices. No apparent special boosted skills.

[WOLF8]
Members
6,596 posts
5,800 battles
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

They do have voices. No apparent special boosted skills.

Oh really? Cool, then. I guess I'm getting them then.

Two problems though: if I buy the captain bundle, I can't get the Aurora without getting a duplicate AL Aurora captain. Second, the ships that some of them belong to aren't available anymore...

Edited by Blorgh2017

[SEALZ]
Members
666 posts
7,491 battles
7 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Oh really? Cool, then. I guess I'm getting them then.

Two problems though: if I buy the captain bundle, I can't get the Aurora without getting a duplicate AL Aurora captain. Second, the ships that some of them belong to aren't available anymore...

I’m pretty sure they can be used on any ship for their specific nation. So for example Cleveland isn’t locked to the Cleveland etc. Kinda like how HSF captains worked. Thea Krutzer for example wasn’t locked to the Graf Spee.