You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Filthy_Pelican

Abundant Harvest of Fresh Cleveland Players

36 comments in this topic

Members
653 posts
26,392 battles

So last night I went online and I have to tell you the Harvest of Cleveland's out there was great! I took my Roma out with its 11.2 detection rate just to get up close to them and WHAM! Made them Disappear in a single salvo most the time. Then I switched out to my Prinz Eugen and BOOM!!! They just seemed to explode in front of my very eyes. Thank you WG for putting these ships at Tier 8. I think Tonight I will go Tier 9 or 10 and see how well the Harvest goes! Gonna be a great few days! 

[-K-]
Members
7,907 posts
13,067 battles

Makes me want to break out North Carolina again for all the same reasons.

[AAA]
Members
509 posts
9,024 battles

Lots of noob Cleveland players sailing broadside in open waters. Guess someone told them Cleveland is impossible to be Citadel'd :D

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,547 posts
33,577 battles

I am a DD main. For a while I have to stop playing DDs. Way too many Clevelands out there.

Instead I went to Alabama/Missouri/Alsace/Republique/GK. Easy peasy to make them suffer. Fires? No big deal.

I have not tried Roma since the USN change. So many BBs in port.

As for the previous comment, indeed I suspect there are many new players that suddenly find themselves in their first T8. Oy vey!

Edited by alexf24

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,886 posts
13,620 battles
2 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

Lots of noob Cleveland players sailing broadside in open waters. Guess someone told them Cleveland is impossible to be Citadel'd :D

Not just noobs, last night I got caught where I couldn't maneuver very much and the result was not pretty. It really is a new ship so we are all learning.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
3,940 posts
5,946 battles

Preparing the Kiev for the weekend with the Speed Boost special mod, I bet most Clevelands will have a very fun time trying to hit me going 45knots+ :cap_like:.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,886 posts
13,620 battles
12 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Preparing the Kiev for the weekend with the Speed Boost special mod, I bet most Clevelands will have a very fun time trying to hit me going 45knots+ :cap_like:.

If you are going 45 knots you are going in a straight line, even the BB's will be able to hit you. Now if you bob & weave while you will be down in the 30's they will have a hard time hitting.

[CAST]
Members
4,898 posts
3,416 battles

I'm currently grinding out the Ognevoi, but I might put that on the back burner for a few weeks. Now sounds like the best time to grind out the Richelieu :D

[TDRB]
Members
4,262 posts
12,292 battles

I had several good outings with my Cleveland last night. I also had a couple of good battles with my Baltimore. On the down side there were  many T9 & T10 ships that made life rough.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
26 minutes ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

Sometimes its the Cleve that does the harvesting...

Yes although the Other ships do reap in many Clevelands. The Tier 8 Cleveland is no slouch. My best game so far in the Cleveland has 4 kills in a surviving win battle.

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
781 posts
10,624 battles

I just ran with the Missouri.  Lots of Buffalo's too last night as well.

[HINON]
Members
3,239 posts
24,788 battles
27 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

My Roma just overpens every single time. The rage is real.

^^ so this. Whats the sense of being all stealthy if when you creep up on a cruiser you will land 7 overpens then screech for the next 30 seconds while you desperstely try to run away from the incoming torps and HE spam

• Funny 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

i need to visit my cousin and play on his computer so i can farm clevelands with my alabama,i might finish that nelson lass mission day one.

[O-PN]
[O-PN]
Members
9,111 posts
10,491 battles
Just now, giovybez said:

^^ so this. Whats the sense of being all stealthy if when you creep up on a cruiser you will land 7 overpens then screech for the next 30 seconds while you desperstely try to run away from the incoming torps and HE spam

The ship is beautiful. The ship is fast. The ship causes me to want to rip my hair out.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles
1 minute ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

The ship is beautiful. The ship is fast. The ship causes me to want to rip my hair out.

so it's historical.

• Funny 1

[DOG]
Members
877 posts
10,580 battles

I took my Lyon out thinking it would be a cruiser rich environment, both friendly and enemy.  I'd citadel the reds, and all those green cruisers with hydro and radar would make life difficult for the DDs.  I only had time for one game in it, though, and I spent most of the game trying to chase down the action, since I picked the wrong direction at the start of the match.

I took my new tier VII Cleveland out a couple of times, and I like it so far.  It feels like an Atlanta with more HP and armor, and has guns with longer range, plus AP that is actually useful now and then.

I finished grinding through Painsacola to get to New Orleans Tuesday night.  I was originally trying to get to Baltimore, so I'd get the Buffalo for free, but I ran out of time.   I haven't bothered playing NO, but I'm liking Baltimore so far.  In the couple of games I played, I made mistakes that put me in bad positions that would have gotten me instantly deleted in other cruisers.  But the Balti just kept taking it on the chin long past the point I thought I'd be back in port.

Members
93 posts
6,977 battles

Took my brand new cleveland out last night and had a blast using AP vs. broadside clevelands.  Stuff works, yo.  

Edited by Ceesa

[AAA]
Members
509 posts
9,024 battles
39 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Not just noobs, last night I got caught where I couldn't maneuver very much and the result was not pretty. It really is a new ship so we are all learning.

All of us get caught in positions where we can't do anything. But saw a lot of these Cleveland players rushing caps, broadsiding tier 10 BBs. They don't even want to use the cover readily available in front of them and sail past it. 

[LUCK]
Members
1,771 posts
27,637 battles
16 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

The best part is how many of them have never played TX matchmaking before lol.

That's probably the major factor in the exploding Cleveland syndrome. What you used to get away with at T6 ain't going to cut it at T8+.

[CAST]
Members
4,898 posts
3,416 battles
17 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Roma is a *terrible ship* for so many reasons. Doesn't help that there's an armor flaw that makes it so she can citadeled by *everything* via plunging shells through her 70mm upper belt either. I mean what's the point of having a 375mm (?) main armor belt if it offers little protection to her giant above the water citadel. The number of videos and forum posts by destroyers asking if it's normal for them to easily citadel this ship is getting meme-like.

But yeah ... I can deal with having horribly innaccurate guns. I can deal with having garbage AA. I can deal with a ship that's so crazy vulnerable to AP. But I can't deal with all three on the same ship.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
3,239 posts
24,788 battles
4 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Roma is a *terrible ship* for so many reasons. Doesn't help that there's an armor flaw that makes it so she can citadeled by *everything* via plunging shells through her 70mm upper belt either. I mean what's the point of having a 375mm (?) main armor belt if it offers little protection to her giant above the water citadel. The number of videos and forum posts by destroyers asking if it's normal for them to easily citadel this ship is getting meme-like.

But yeah ... I can deal with having horribly innaccurate guns. I can deal with having garbage AA. I can deal with a ship that's so crazy vulnerable to AP. But I can't deal with all three on the same ship.

Exactly! Tho trust someone will come in here and post up their 200k battle results on a Roma and say git gud and other things 4rd graders say during recess. lol