You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

Add an option to buy Free XP with in game credits

20 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
4,071 posts
21,948 battles

I have what my clan mates say is a First World problem. I have about 287 mil of in game credits and it's growing. I play decently enough so that I don't go into the negative on just about every match. Even on the losing side on high tier matches. What I suggest is that WG give an option to convert in line credits to Free XP. Since it seems to be getting to be the most useful currency in WoWs.

• Funny 1

Members
307 posts
7,078 battles

1 doubloon = 1.5k credits

1 doubloon = 25 free xp

1.5k credits = 25 free xp

Nelson = 22.5 million credits

Missouri, Musashi, Kronstadt = 45 million credits

don't see anything wrong with that (insert sarcasm here)

Edited by XX_Emeraldking_XX

[WOLF7]
Members
12,410 posts
13 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

I have what my clan mates say is a First World problem. I have about 287 mil of in game credits and it's growing. I play decently enough so that I don't go into the negative on just about every match. Even on the losing side on high tier matches. What I suggest is that WG give an option to convert in line credits to Free XP. Since it seems to be getting to be the most useful currency in WoWs.

Yes, I can certainly see the advantages for WG doing this.......Oh wait.....:Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 2

[WOLFB]
Members
3,020 posts
6,482 battles

No this is a terrible idea. People would just buy the 100 packs and get their 10 ships. If you want to limit it to just the free XP ships in the game maybe. But doing it for everything would just break the game. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,028 posts
17,562 battles

The whole point of the tiered-currency system is that some kinds are more valuable than others. Silver (credits) is at the bottom -- common, easily gotten, and buyable for the other *higher* forms of currency.

It's never the opposite; you won't be able to buy FXP for silver just like you won't be able to buy doubloons, XP, or steel.

[WOLFG]
Members
27,082 posts
7,217 battles
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Yes, I can certainly see the advantages for WG doing this.......Oh wait.....:Smile_facepalm:

Lol it's pretty rare to see an idea that doesn't benefit the originator in a big way.

If the OP only had a couple million credits, he wouldn't have suggested this.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,079 posts
17,127 battles

My in game bank wouldn't even notice such small amounts missing, so no.It would be terrible foolish for WG to do this.

[OO7]
Members
4,065 posts
9,449 battles

Hahahahahahahaha.

1. convert all my credits
  2. unlock all remaining ships
  3. not have any credits to buy the 15 ships I just unlocked :D

[TOG]
Members
4,071 posts
21,948 battles
6 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Lol it's pretty rare to see an idea that doesn't benefit the originator in a big way.

If the OP only had a couple million credits, he wouldn't have suggested this.

Anything wrong with that?  I already have all the  ship tree lines  Bought. all the modules. I play well enough that I don't lose credits. What else can I do with the credits? And it doesn't have to be all the time. Once or twice a year is good enough. Like the doubloon sale.I'm betting I'm not the only one with bulging in store accounts.

[TOG]
Members
4,071 posts
21,948 battles
3 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Hahahahahahahaha.

1. convert all my credits
  2. unlock all remaining ships
  3. not have any credits to buy the 15 ships I just unlocked :D

You forgot step 4. Earn more credits.

[--K--]
Members
6,386 posts
14,047 battles
3 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

You forgot step 4. Earn more credits.

He would have to sell all his ships to get those credits, so he would be have to play the t1s to get credits... Lol

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,357 posts
6,747 battles

Earn it or pay for Doubloons to convert Free XP. WG is here to make money, not cater to everything the players want.

• Cool 2

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,818 battles
24 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Earn it or pay for Doubloons to convert Free XP. WG is here to make money, not cater to everything the players want.

Pretty much this.

• Cool 1

Members
567 posts
80 battles

It would be against the interests of WG to do that because it would considerably hurt their revenue.  That said, there should be a sink of some kind.  I mean think about it, most of the folks who have ungodly amounts of credits got there because they spent money on the game buying premium time.  It should go to something that can help in some way, but I wouldn't go as direct is straight up buying free xp.  When I think of dollar values that high, I think of things not at the singular level but more at the infrastructure level.  Like being able to dump it into your clan's port for upgrades that can help the entire clan.

[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I have 204 million Credits and growing. I can throw any ship into any Battle and never worry about the win /loss. That alone is why your Idea sucks wind out of sails.

I have all the ships I want or need to play any tier any nation. 

What I personally would like to see is being able to send credits to Clan mates to help them when needed.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,357 posts
6,747 battles
4 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I have 204 million Credits and growing. I can throw any ship into any Battle and never worry about the win /loss. That alone is why your Idea sucks wind out of sails.

I have all the ships I want or need to play any tier any nation. 

What I personally would like to see is being able to send credits to Clan mates to help them when needed.

Send Credits with Doubloons. I can see that being... profitable...