You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SavageTactical

Irony (Indianapolis)

15 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

A few months ago I bought Indy with doubloons I got from the save the Texas fundraiser last year. I bough her because I like the Pensacola and was afraid they would make her worse after the split. Except for some minor stat changes, Indianapolis plays very similar to Pensacola so I figured she was a good ship to pick up for nostalgia. Now they have a campaign to earn her; talk about irony.  Oh well, at least she got buffed and I’ll get a mission to earn crates so it’s still a gain.

[GWG]
Members
6,690 posts

If you already have it, they should give you boo-coo credits.

[A-D-F]
Members
1,119 posts
9,142 battles

"In Co-Op, I once had a friendly bot CV operator that was so bad...  I reported it for being Human." -AVR_Project. 

One of the better signatures I've seen on this forum. :cap_haloween:

Now, please report to the nearest ASPC-AI (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Artificial Intelligences) office for sensitivity training and re-education. Be sure to hand over your agonizer to Evil Spock.. 

• Funny 2

Members
307 posts
7,090 battles
26 minutes ago, Ganbaruzoi_ said:

Still waiting for the day when they give out shinyhorse for free. :cap_book:

yeah that wont happen. i have shinyhorse and she is too OP to hand out for free. with her it is a buy only scenario, but trust me, she is one hella good ship.

[TBW]
Members
9,542 posts
16,290 battles
46 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

boo-coo

That's beaucoup, French for very much

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
39 posts
2,609 battles

There's missions to get extra american collection containers through using the indi. So hopefully a not horrible chance to get a ship mission from the extra containers gained. Keep your chin up and ship on.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,850 posts
13,603 battles
48 minutes ago, Curly__san said:

"In Co-Op, I once had a friendly bot CV operator that was so bad...  I reported it for being Human." -AVR_Project. 

One of the better signatures I've seen on this forum. :cap_haloween:

Now, please report to the nearest ASPC-AI (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Artificial Intelligences) office for sensitivity training and re-education. Be sure to hand over your agonizer to Evil Spock.. 

Yeah, AVR does have a good one but I am partial and biased to the quote in mine.  :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,168 posts
3,967 battles

With the New Orleans at Tier 7 now, there's really no reason to buy the Indianapolis. It's simply a worse ship im every way but gains Radar it can barely use to any great effect.

War Gaming has done everything possible to make her good without raising her reload speed despite it being her key reason for her situation outside of her incredibly easy to hit citadel.

[LUCK]
Members
1,769 posts
27,557 battles
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

If you already have it, they should give you boo-coo credits.

Big deal. Some of us bought it with $/doubloons. I was looking forward to the USN split; now I'm just getting shafted left and right. Between this, cruiser commander retraining (even with the 190k), 2.3 million Cleve XP out the window having to use free XP for the upgrades, a bunch of useless captains...if these are rewards/compensation I don't need it.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles
9 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

With the New Orleans at Tier 7 now, there's really no reason to buy the Indianapolis. It's simply a worse ship im every way but gains Radar it can barely use to any great effect.

War Gaming has done everything possible to make her good without raising her reload speed despite it being her key reason for her situation outside of her incredibly easy to hit citadel.

aaah no wonder they are giving out a tier7 ship.

they NERFED the ship without touching the stats.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,158 posts
4,908 battles

Indy was good when released because she had radar and a decent detect...but more or less she got majorly power creeped and then Shinyhorse came out and she flat out became garbage. 

[GWG]
Members
6,690 posts
3 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Big deal. Some of us bought it with $/doubloons. I was looking forward to the USN split; now I'm just getting shafted left and right. Between this, cruiser commander retraining (even with the 190k), 2.3 million Cleve XP out the window having to use free XP for the upgrades, a bunch of useless captains...if these are rewards/compensation I don't need it.

I bought mine with cash.

It's a nice cruiser than can delete the heck out of Atlanta's in a hurry (2 salvoes at close range).

And 190K will train that 8 point Cleveland captain up to 11 points with some to spare.  I'm taking the 6 points, leaving 2 open, and seeing how far I can go with stock hull on it before kicking in the Capt XP.

I only had a 10 pointer on my Cleveland anyway.  The 14 pointers were on the New Orleans.

In my Alt account, I went from a Congratulatory New Orleans to a Frosty Fir Tree Baltimore (no perm camo).  I'm a little miffed at the loss of a T8 camo...  but I got a bottom hull, low point Cleveland.

I guess my biggest complaint is that I lost the second turrets on the Cleveland, New Orleans, and Baltimore.  Before, I could swap faster turning with faster reload... between battles..  Not anymore.

But as far as the Indianapolis being given away...  Whatever.  More power to them.

[-TKS-]
Members
817 posts
13,236 battles
5 hours ago, XX_Emeraldking_XX said:

yeah that wont happen. i have shinyhorse and she is too OP to hand out for free. with her it is a buy only scenario, but trust me, she is one hella good ship.

they gave away the giulio cesar and thats even more op. i never heard the shinyhorse being referred to as op .