You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RaidMaximus

Is War Gaming cheating players out of Free XP ???

14 comments in this topic

[EFEKT]
Members
6 posts

The special flags are not being applied to the after battel credits and XP.  I want to know if anybody noticed this or am I missing something ?

I run this little experiment this morning to see if that is the case , quick and dirty Co-op game .

I only mounted the Ouroboros flag , which is % 777 Free XP and I do not see this modifier applied  in the post game stats. 

shot-18.05.31_10.10.57-0812.jpg

[TSF_1]
Members
3,298 posts
7,484 battles

Co-op has very low rewards. That's probably with the flag, but since earnings were so small, it didn't come to a lot.

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,322 battles

Hover your cursor over the total Free XP number on the screen that you posted and you should see the effect of the flag.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
93 posts
6,272 battles

Free exp rewards, with no bonuses, are 5% of total Exp earned. So your flag gets you: 0.05 x (1+7.77) = .44 or 44% of total exp as free exp for the battle. Which is exactly what you got. 

Edited by Zarroc1
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,528 battles

A good way to tell if mathematical things are working properly is to find out how those things are supposed to be calculated and then run your own identical calculation. If things don't match up, then ask if something in wrong.

[WOLFG]
Members
27,082 posts
7,217 battles
24 minutes ago, delp5117 said:

Hover your cursor over the total Free XP number on the screen that you posted and you should see the effect of the flag.

Well don't I feel stupid lol.....

The whole time, I figured they just forgot to put a scroll bar in the results screen so you could see all the applicable bonuses. Never thought to mouse over the XP total.

[JHF]
Members
372 posts
7,114 battles
48 minutes ago, Captain_Dorja said:

A good way to tell if mathematical things are working properly is to find out how those things are supposed to be calculated and then run your own identical calculation. If things don't match up, then ask if something in wrong.

Hover the mouse over the Free XP number, was a much better response.....

[OO7]
Members
4,068 posts
9,449 battles
1 hour ago, RaidMaximus said:

Thanks I see it now .

My mistake , sorry for the post  

I thought people were supposed to rage when they make mistakes, not apologize and own it!

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,528 battles
5 hours ago, Hydra_360ci said:

Hover the mouse over the Free XP number, was a much better response.....

If they were actually cheating players do you think the tooltip would be accurate? Also, I didn't know you could do that. At any rate, I think if people are going to come up with weird theories of cheating etc, they should be encouraged to think critically about their own opinion and maybe try and do some evaluation of their own thoughts beyond that of a knee jerk reaction. Lastly, I don't thinkit's asking to much for people to do 7th grade level math to figure out if they're being scammed or not. 

-Members-
360 posts
194 battles

I remember I was getting too much XP per battle and got worried that I was somehow exploiting and it turned out there was a special event going on that added 25% XP for a "Combat Mission".  I started mousing over after battles and sure enough "Combat Mission 25%" was listed.

[ARGSY]
Members
17,463 posts
12,122 battles
7 hours ago, delp5117 said:

Fascinating. I always wished for a breakdown of free XP and never knew it was there all the time. (This is where the extra boost for my Anshan's perma-camo should show up too, I guess; I will try it tonight.)