You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bsbr

Radar spam is getting ridiculous

179 comments in this topic

[-IJN-]
Members
188 posts

Game is unplayable for DDs right now with ridiculous radar spam especially with all the USN cruisers running around. I play my Harekaze and capping is impossible because of nonstop radar and ridiculous HE spam from Clevelands. WG needs to fix radar balance and MM before releasing more boring and annoying USN ships.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
Members
7,894 posts
13,057 battles

This is what happens when a new line is released that heavily counters another line.  It will die down over time, so just play a different class if you're uncomfortable with the current trend.

• Cool 15

[SIDE]
Members
3,508 posts
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

This is what happens when a new line is released that heavily counters another line.  It will die down over time, so just play a different class if you're uncomfortable with the current trend.

Could also try using minimap and prioritizing targets and objectives.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,164 battles
Just now, Ace_04 said:

:Smile_great: This. Though just remember it may be a little longer before this trend dies down. The remaining of the US cruisers drop in 4 weeks.

[--K--]
[--K--]
Members
4,121 posts
19,110 battles

I am a destroyer driver but I'm having a lot of fun flying battleships right now so many cruisers to  cit:cap_rambo:

[-K-]
Members
7,894 posts
13,057 battles
3 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

:Smile_great: This. Though just remember it may be a little longer before this trend dies down. The remaining of the US cruisers drop in 4 weeks.

For sure.  Between Ranked and the radar heavy Randoms, life has been pretty difficult for DD's the past month or so.

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,825 battles
6 minutes ago, bsbr said:

Game is unplayable for DDs right now with ridiculous radar spam especially with all the USN cruisers running around. I play my Harekaze and capping is impossible because of nonstop radar and ridiculous HE spam from Clevelands. WG needs to fix radar balance and MM before releasing more boring and annoying USN ships.

the Pan Asian line with its deep water Torps that are useless against other DDs and makes capping difficult has had its low detection made useless with so much radar so spotting for da team and being sneaky is ...a thing of the past for me till it settles out , if it ever does 4 ships in one game with Radar .. really ..really

[-IJN-]
Members
188 posts

So with all these new USN ships DD play will be pointless for the next 2 months? USN already have the most ships but WG keeps adding more? Just ridiculous.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,046 posts
4,285 battles

Gee, its almost like WG wants to add more content to their games... Its absurd!

• Funny 2

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

God forbid the developers, develop! Whatever next, community contributors contributing to the community?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

Members
107 posts
5,585 battles
5 minutes ago, bsbr said:

So with all these new USN ships DD play will be pointless for the next 2 months? USN already have the most ships but WG keeps adding more? Just ridiculous.

It's a pretty worthwhile inclusion if you asked me, before the coming of USN CL line there wasn't really any CL on high tiers beside British CL, which only shoots AP, people who wanted to play Atlanta styled machine gun HE spam on high tiers didn't really have a choice.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,473 posts
17,027 battles
27 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Could also try using minimap and prioritizing targets and objectives.

Whoa...that concept just blows my mind.

:Smile_popcorn:

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1

[-IJN-]
Members
188 posts

More content yes, but shouldn't be goddamn USN with already most ships in the game.

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,638 battles
13 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

God forbid the developers, develop! Whatever next, community contributors contributing to the community?

Good sir, this is just crazy talk.

• Funny 1

Members
567 posts
80 battles

Another radar whine thread. Welp, at least you can tell who can and can't learn to adapt. Your port should be looked at like a toolbox. Every ship, ship type and tier are different tools. If things change and there are less nails and more screws, winners adapt by putting away the hammer (in this case DDs) and taking out the screwdriver (in this case BBs). 

Others choose to use only one tool for everything regardless of how much difficulty they are having. If your mind is stuck on, "The only way I can have fun in this game today is playing one specific ship," you're going to pay the price. 

Notice most whine threads are examples of someone letting their play style / only goal rule over the game environment or mechanics meaning that instead of adapting to changes, they refuse to yield believing that their singular play style and set-in-stone goals should take priority and the game developers need to cater to that, build content strictly to favor that and never make that play style more challenging. 

Here's a tip. Winners set multiple goals. Grind a certain ship, level a certain captain, complete certain missions, etc. when they log in for a gaming session. This way, if the environment changes and one goal is either not efficient or enjoyable to work on, they have plenty of other options for fun already in mind. 

Einstein said the way to measure a person's intelligence is their ability to adapt to changes in their environment. You don't need to play the cap objective when you can play the destroy all ships objective. Deleting the excess cruisers in a BB is the smartest way to do that. 

• Cool 3

Members
2,136 posts
5,544 battles
5 minutes ago, bsbr said:

More content yes, but shouldn't be goddamn USN with already most ships in the game.

Actually, the IJN tree has the most ships and the US tree hasn't been touched since Beta.

• Cool 2

Members
195 posts
4,695 battles

It's not as if the new cruisers are too good anyway.  The ships just released, so people are trying them and having fun, but while many people seem to think they're "okay", I haven't heard a lot of people claiming they're the best cruisers out there.. and even if they were the best, cruisers aren't exactly the best ships.  People who really don't want to play the cruisers for whatever should probably be playing BB's right now, which would force the cruiser players to get frustrated with the fact that cruisers can't really survive BB spam, then the DD's will be able to take advantage of the BB spam.

I also don't really understand the argument against the U.S. getting expanded upon..  well.. except that I'm pretty certain those people are just trolling.  But the USN tree hadn't changed since the game released.  It's about time the USN tree got some attention.

[INTEL]
Members
12,097 posts
33,587 battles
26 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Yeah, I mean, who can't agree that expanding the number of vehicles mounting an already existing mechanic was the same as adding more content?

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,164 battles
14 minutes ago, bsbr said:

This line split has been planned since late beta/early launch. Most people were actually irritated that it took them this long to get it into the game. Get over it. People have been wanting and waiting for this line split.

Edited by renegadestatuz
  • Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,957 posts
4,439 battles
53 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I mean, i am kinda prepping for the long haul here. I expect once the CL line is released for the radar spam to hit over 9000. 

[INTEL]
Members
12,097 posts
33,587 battles
25 minutes ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

Another radar whine thread. Welp, at least you can tell who can and can't learn to adapt. Your port should be looked at like a toolbox. Every ship, ship type and tier are different tools. If things change and there are less nails and more screws, winners adapt by putting away the hammer (in this case DDs) and taking out the screwdriver (in this case BBs). 

Notice most whine threads are examples of someone letting their play style / only goal rule over the game environment or mechanics meaning that instead of adapting to changes, they refuse to yield believing that their singular play style and set-in-stone goals should take priority and the game developers need to cater to that, build content strictly to favor that and never make that play style more challenging. 

Good old VGlance with the Manly Theory of How to Warship. Let's see. Does VGLance play any high tier IJN torp boats? Predictably, as always, the people giving advice on how to play radar are people who dont play against. VGLance has No Yugumo games. No Shim matches. 

VGLance's high tier non-Russian DD experience is 266 games in Fletcher. Oh yeah, and 1 game in Gearing.

So I guess VGLance's answer to high tier radar is to.... not play high tier DDs, but to play 700 games in Kami and Leningrad where radar is much less of an issue. 

Ok, sure. No singular play style there. Way to adapt, VGLance! An example to us all. 

Let us know how the Manly Man style of play works after 400 games in Yugumo, VGLance. 

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[-K-]
Members
7,894 posts
13,057 battles
7 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

I mean, i am kinda prepping for the long haul here. I expect once the CL line is released for the radar spam to hit over 9000. 

Yep.  It's just going to force DDs to play more cautiously.  I'm not a fan of the oversaturation of radar on any particular tech tree, but this won't be the end of the world.  If they are unsupported, USN cruisers are not that hard to counter since (unlike RN cruisers), they do not have torps for self-defense if you rush them with something other than a DD.