You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kitsunelegend

Massive frame drops and lag in port/UI

9 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Its gotten to the point where its become sickening to even attempt to play. I turn the camera a little the fps is just straight up garbage. The menu lag has gotten even worse as well, to the point where its just stutters and hitches and micro-freezes all over the place.

Restarting the game client does nothing. Neither does updating drivers ect. I have not installed any mods or skins since before 7.4.

System specs are as follows:

GPU: GTX 970

CPU: Ryzen 3 1200

Installed ram: 32GB of DDR4

Mobo: MSI B350M Gaming Pro Micro ATX

So yeah, not the MOST powerful available, but certainly not a toaster.

Seriously WG, its gotten so bad, I've stopped playing completely. I physically cannot stomach it anymore. Its making me physically ill having to deal with this lag and garbage fps. I've tried everything I can think of on my end to fix it, and nothing has seemed to work.

Its time to seriously consider some optimizations here...

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles

I have a computer with equal/less specs then yours running completely maxed graphics. Are you sure that isn't your side, cuz this is the first I've heard of poor optimization in WoWS for quite awhile.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
1 hour ago, Akeno017 said:

I have a computer with equal/less specs then yours running completely maxed graphics. Are you sure that isn't your side, cuz this is the first I've heard of poor optimization in WoWS for quite awhile.

Well, two reasons I highly suspect its WG.

One, the port UI lag has been there since early CBT. Yeah, that long its been a problem.

Two, I've tried restarting the game, updating drivers, lowering graphics, ect, and it doesn't help at all. The lag is always there no matter what. The FPS issue only started today when I updated to 7.5. I haven't tried getting into a game, because A: I'm too tired to bother playing atm and I work tonight. And B: the terrible fps and lag was actually giving me a VERY bad headache just looking at the screen...

I really dont know what else it can be. No other game I play has this much menu lag. And no other game that HAS had this much menu lag has had it persist THIS bloody long. Hell, even Star Citizen has better menu performance than this game ffs. And that game is still in very early alpha!

[A-I-M]
Members
2,525 posts
12,041 battles
11 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I really dont know what else it can be. No other game I play has this much menu lag. And no other game that HAS had this much menu lag has had it persist THIS bloody long. Hell, even Star Citizen has better menu performance than this game ffs. And that game is still in very early alpha!

Have you considered dust as a potential culprit?

Pull the side off of your case and look for dust, particularly in the CPU heatsink and GPU heatsink, the power supply grill, etc. Some cases have filter screens over case fan openings. Look there, too. Vacuum as necessary. Sometimes vacuuming is not enough. If you have a vacuum where you can switch the hose to the discharge (like a Shop-Vac) and use it to blow, that will do a better job of getting dust out of the guys of a computer.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
6 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Have you considered dust as a potential culprit?

Pull the side off of your case and look for dust, particularly in the CPU heatsink and GPU heatsink, the power supply grill, etc. Some cases have filter screens over case fan openings. Look there, too. Vacuum as necessary. Sometimes vacuuming is not enough. If you have a vacuum where you can switch the hose to the discharge (like a Shop-Vac) and use it to blow, that will do a better job of getting dust out of the guys of a computer.

I dusted just yesterday. Made sure to get all dust I could see. I tend to keep my computer's guts pretty clean, or as clean as I can (I even buy those compressed air cans to help, though they never seem to last as long as I'd like...) I just checked to see if there was any dust, and even blew some air over the parts just in case, however, its made no difference at all.

Also, I've been monitoring my heat levels and everything is nice and cool. (and I've never had any problems with heat honestly)

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,026 posts
17,526 battles

The port UI is a horrendous kludge of Flash (yes, THAT Flash afaik), so it's really unsurprising that it's become as slow as it has over the years. A couple of functions in particular seem to have been implemented very badly around the Campaigns and Missions interfaces (on the left side of the screen). Any time your cursor touches those parts of the screen, you're in for some lag.

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
4 hours ago, Kitsunelegend said:

One, the port UI lag has been there since early CBT. Yeah, that long its been a problem.

Two, I've tried restarting the game, updating drivers, lowering graphics, ect, and it doesn't help at all. The lag is always there no matter what. The FPS issue only started today when I updated to 7.5. I haven't tried getting into a game, because A: I'm too tired to bother playing atm and I work tonight. And B: the terrible fps and lag was actually giving me a VERY bad headache just looking at the screen...

Tbh, Port UI is perfectly fine for me. It takes a good year to log in initially, but after that perfectly fine. And theres a strong correlation between the having the mods I use and the length of time it takes to log in. Otherwise everything is fine ingame, the only place where I drop to <30fps from 76 is the middle in Two Brothers, which for some reasons causes me to lose 40 fps so I try to avoid it.

Honestly no idea how to explain your issues, I only know one person who suffers from lag, and that's because the computer doest meet the min specs at all.

[ASHIP]
Members
9 posts
5,369 battles

Since i started playing i've noticed this and i got a pretty decent rig as well

all windows updates/drivers are applied.

I7 4.2GHZ

GTX 1080

16GB ram

480SSD

its seems to be 'okay' for about a hour or so, but then switch between ships or screens to put flags on etc it will lag so hard, i normally restart my game and it goes away for a little bit and comes back later on, almost like a memory leak of some sort.

Members
5,107 posts
9,304 battles

I run a GTX 670 and have zero issues in the port.  Settings are not maxed but they are not even close to being set to the lowest settings.  I would start looking at processes being run in the background and how much CPU/ram is being used.  Something is wrong with your set up as your video card is far, far, far newer than mine.  And the fact that lowering graphics settings also points to something not game related..  No idea how the Ryzen is for gaming but I would also check into monitoring CPU and potentially GPU temps.