You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

June missions are up.

46 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
17,488 posts
12,140 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/june-missions-2018/ 

The Indianapolis marathon looks like quite the hard slog from my perspective, although I don't doubt there are people who will breeze through it as if it weren't there and be surprised at the end to see the Indy in their ports. Not surprisingly, being a mid-high tier (VII) premium, this one is PvP-only (Random or Ranked), Tier V and up.

The rest is quite extensive; go read for yourself. June is going to be a busy month, though I dare say that anyone who concentrates on the Indy marathon is going to pick up a lot of the other prizes along the way.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,132 posts

How about the Bull Campaign? Some of the tasks are well... different... it's something else that will likely be a "forever" thing... as accumulating or achieving some of it will take well, a long time. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,720 posts
22,073 battles

Anyone else wondering about the mission drops from crates? Since most players have Cleveland, will that mission drop from a crate if you already own the ship? Anyone else think that adding a tech tree ship to the mix of premiums you can win as kind of sleazy

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
17,488 posts
12,140 battles
35 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

it's something else that will likely be a "forever" thing... as accumulating or achieving some of it will take well, a long time. 

It WILL be a forever thing, alongside the other three campaigns (Yamamoto, Shinonome, Science of VIctory). This one allows PvE players to have a go, though their road will if anything be an even longer one.

33 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Anyone else wondering about the mission drops from crates? Since most players have Cleveland, will that mission drop from a crate if you already own the ship? Anyone else think that adding a tech tree ship to the mix of premiums you can win as kind of sleazy

Yes and no; at least while she's still a semi-premium, alone on her CL tree, it's no different from winning the French battleship missions in crates.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,720 posts
22,073 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yes and no; at least while she's still a semi-premium, alone on her CL tree, it's no different from winning the French battleship missions in crates.

I wasn't aware that I could assign any captain to her without retraining like I could for the French BBs..  Now that I ponder it, you can't. I had to retrain a captain to put on her yesterday. Anyways adding a tech tree ship to the mix bothers me for some reason, especially one as popular as the Cleveland that most players keep.

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
11 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I wasn't aware that I could assign any captain to her without retraining like I could for the French BBs..  Now that I ponder it, you can't. I had to retrain a captain to put on her yesterday. Anyways adding a tech tree ship to the mix bothers me for some reason, especially one as popular as the Cleveland that most players keep.

Same reason as French BBs, lets people get "free" progress on the line beforehand.

[KWF]
Members
3,929 posts
5,924 battles

Aside from the tediousness, most of the missions aren't that bad. It's just that it's summer and you will have to play WoWs almost daily, without any extended breaks.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
17,488 posts
12,140 battles
17 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Alas no, because she's not a completely new ship. Had she never been in the game before, then she probably would have been a true semi-premium. She's no more than a hemi-demi-semiquaver premium.

My assumption is that she's the second chance for those who couldn't grind T6 Cleveland out in time, and if the odds fall in your favour you get her fully specced. This will shorten the grind to Seattle by 27K or thereabouts (B hull), or more if you get the fire control upgrade first (which she badly needs to have the extra range).

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,720 posts
22,073 battles
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Alas no, because she's not a completely new ship. Had she never been in the game before, then she probably would have been a true semi-premium. She's no more than a hemi-demi-semiquaver premium.

LOL Well that certainly cleared that up! Just poking at you Cthulhu. I guess it is the cynic in me that always assumes the worst when dealing with a for profit company. Who knows maybe it will rain premium ship missions from the crates. 

[WOLF3]
Members
1,946 posts
7,077 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It WILL be a forever thing, alongside the other three campaigns (Yamamoto, Shinonome, Science of VIctory). This one allows PvE players to have a go, though their road will if anything be an even longer one.

It most certainly does NOT allow PvE players to have a go.

The first section requires 9 stars to complete.  You can earn exactly TWO stars playing PvE.  The rest of the tasks have no PvE option at all.

As I prefer to play PvE mainly, I know I am in the minority.  Still, it would be nice if Wargaming would ACTUALLY have a campaign where us lowly PvE'ers can join in the fun.

CS

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,720 posts
22,073 battles
Just now, Captain_Slattery said:

The first section requires 9 stars to complete.  You can earn exactly TWO stars playing PvE.  The rest of the tasks have no PvE option at all.

As I prefer to play PvE mainly, I know I am in the minority.  Still, it would be nice if Wargaming would ACTUALLY have a campaign where us lowly PvE'ers can join in the fun.

CS

You just have to keep repeating those two missions over and over until you get all the stars you need to unlock the final task. You can re-earn stars, you only get the prize for the star once though. It will be a long slog but the entire campaign can be done in PvE. We asked to be included and I am happy they decided to give us some missions to do. 

[RBMK]
Members
2,133 posts
13,869 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/june-missions-2018/ 

The Indianapolis marathon looks like quite the hard slog from my perspective, although I don't doubt there are people who will breeze through it as if it weren't there and be surprised at the end to see the Indy in their ports. Not surprisingly, being a mid-high tier (VII) premium, this one is PvP-only (Random or Ranked), Tier V and up.

The rest is quite extensive; go read for yourself. June is going to be a busy month, though I dare say that anyone who concentrates on the Indy marathon is going to pick up a lot of the other prizes along the way.

I did that with the aigle and vampire lol... for the longest time i was wondering jow the fck she was in my port

[RBMK]
Members
2,133 posts
13,869 battles
6 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

CS

You do realize you can repeat the missions for the stars again? Smh... got sniped...

Edited by JessieTheKitty

[EQRN]
Members
1,823 posts
15,206 battles

There’s a lot to digest, and maybe I’ve missed it, but no ship sales this month?  I’ve gone over mission briefings since they started and they’re used to be sales of some sort almost every weekend and often multiple countries and/or classes.  Starting around October of last year those dropped to about 1 or 2 nation/class a month.  I plotted it and it’s a pretty dramatic change.  Now a month with no sales at all?  I wonder if WG deems there’s too many credits in the economy (note what is available this month, a bump on credits for *doubloons* :cap_yes:)

[WOLF3]
Members
1,946 posts
7,077 battles
3 hours ago, JessieTheKitty said:

You do realize you can repeat the missions for the stars again? Smh... got sniped...

You can?!?!

:fish_palm:

I went back and looked.  It's gonna take me forever...

Maybe I'll be done this time next year if I'm lucky.

Edited by Captain_Slattery

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,859 posts
4,861 battles
6 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

You can?!?!

:fish_palm:

That's how I brought my crappy play all the way to Yamamoto stage 5...repeat the achieveable ones...

Halsey, from the looks of it, is a lot tougher than Yamamoto...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,849 posts
13,603 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

How about the Bull Campaign? Some of the tasks are well... different... it's something else that will likely be a "forever" thing... as accumulating or achieving some of it will take well, a long time. 

I am still working on Yamamoto but on the bright side I finally opened up the final task on Honorable Service.

• Cool 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,500 posts
10,326 battles

The Indy mission is interesting.  Only requiring 21 of 26 missions is good because of the short time duration for each one.  I personally don't like it when WG puts criteria like "destroy 2 enemy ships in a winning battle".  It encourages kill sniping where players intentionally hold fire until a ship gets low of health due to someone else doing all the work, and then finishes it off for the kill.

There are a lot of missions to do this month.  Most can be done during normal play, so it shouldn't be an issue to achieve most of the rewards.

[-K-]
Members
7,901 posts
13,062 battles

What is the value of Indianapolis in credits?

[WOLF8]
Members
83 posts
22,901 battles

I had a game a few weeks back where team member got there Kraken and was 6 on the post team list. Kill and survive is a bad mix for a mission. maybe that is there play style.

I would like to see WG add to the post game team list a note just like they do when you get a kraken, high cal, for someone who completes a mission. I have had games where the player will come out and state I yoloing so I can get the spot requirement and then runs.

I would also like to see WG add grades for Krakens, That is break up a Kraken in to 3 ranges and have it based on the total HP of the the the 5 ships and what persentage of damage you did to those 5 ships. I'm all for killing a low health target because one less set of guns firing at me help the team. it those who sit back and wait that bothers me.

[RBMK]
Members
2,133 posts
13,869 battles
46 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

That's how I brought my crappy play all the way to Yamamoto stage 5...repeat the achieveable ones...

Halsey, from the looks of it, is a lot tougher than Yamamoto...

Dunno, yamamoto had some some requirements for 1 off games

[RBMK]
Members
2,133 posts
13,869 battles
20 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

What is the value of Indianapolis in credits?

Should be about 4-6mil

Edited by JessieTheKitty