Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

Month of the Premiums

14 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
1,967 posts
10,272 battles

According to the always productive @LittleWhiteMouse, she'll be creating a grand total of FIVE premium reviews for the month of June. That's quite a number in my opinion and leads me to wonder just what we'll be seeing. We've already seen the Kronshtadt's review (Gudbote) and she has confirmed that Monaghan will be getting a review so here are my thoughts on some other possibilities for this month:

Salem: Pretty sure this will be the last or second-to-last review of the month since it appears she'll feature prominently in round two of the US cruiser event. It's been a while since I thought about her, but iirc, she's a Des Moines that trades duration or range on her radar for a Brit super-heal. Outside having a little less HP and AA, she's pretty much the same as her tech tree sister.

Massachusetts: A US BB that they are pushing hard to be turned into a brawler. I'm thinking that this could take sometime. She's still a possibility, but I'd prefer they made sure she was well-suited for her assigned role and not released prematurely.

Nueve de Julio: Currently in the game files as the Boise, she'll be the first Pan-American ship. Haven't heard much about her, which is either an indication that testing is going well, or that she isn't being focused on that much so it could be a while before we see her. She's a Helena that trades some RoF for radar.

Haida: The initial test version of the Cossack, I'm hopeful that we'll see her come to prominence. If only so that I stop seeing threads asking where she is. Sure she's not technically listed, but Wargaming have confirmed she'll be changed over which will probably just require a minor patch. Plus Canada Day is coming up so that would be appropriate timing. My only hope is that we maybe see her given radar instead of hydro to help further distinguish her from Cossack. Or maybe give Cossack radar instead of hydro to add further emphasis to her anti-DD role.

Cossack: Currently in the middle of a new round of testing; like with Massachusetts, they seem to be trying to give her a unique niche so that could take some time. So I'd put her at possible, but unlikely. Here's hoping they decide to go back on giving her Perth!Smoke though.

T-61: Finalized and has been for months, but she hasn't been sold yet. Probably because it's felt that she's a bit OP. Still, she's out on the China server which gives me hope that Wargaming are just going to throw their hands up and say "Screw it!". It'd hardly be the first time they released an OP ship. Still, probably not real likely.

Graf Zeppelin: Since it's been almost three months since she was finalized, Wargaming is probably going to be releasing her with the end of the exclusivity period. At least that's what I'm hoping.

And as far as I know, these are the only premiums (discounting Stalingrad which is in the middle of intensified testing). Reflecting on this, you really see why premiums are so staggered in spring and fall so that they can bring in the big stuff during the summer and around the holidays. Especially since viewing the extended tech tree on Aslain doesn't reveal any new ships. As for me, I'm currently favoring Graf Zeppelin, Haida, and Salem as the remaining three reviews we'll be seeing out of Mouse this month. I wish her the best and eagerly await her take on each ship.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
3,936 posts
5,929 battles

Dont forget there is always the possibility of revisiting old reviews. A revised Indianapolis or Atlanta could also be reviews.

Members
4,060 posts
4,347 battles

Yeb, I was wondering if she is planning to touch up on some of the old reviews too. 

[ARGSY]
Members
17,511 posts
12,165 battles

Haida? Probably not; she's just entered testing (though we may get an in-test preview with the understanding that things will change A LOT).

Cossack, on the other hand, is a much stronger possibility.

[INTEL]
Members
2,734 posts
14,744 battles
46 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

Yeb, I was wondering if she is planning to touch up on some of the old reviews too. 

She's said this on ShipComrade

So far for June, I have three ship reviews lined up.  I'm up to my elbows in reviewing Kronshtadt at the moment and Monaghan is also on the list.  In addition, I will be starting work this month on a non-premium review as selected by one of my Patrons (thank you so much for your support!).  There may be other reviews depending on Wargaming's release schedule.

Plus an Angry Youtuber review of a ship line. 

http://shipcomrade.com/news/426/this-is-a-mouse-news-flash.html

I'm thinking GZ is one of the three as someone posted that he thought the Haida was next and she responded that he was way off displacement wise.  And I'm hoping for the T-61 although I think it may be too soon after the Z-39.  I think she said elsewhere that she was disappointed that Haida wouldn't be ready for Canada Day.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,087 posts
17,156 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Dont forget there is always the possibility of revisiting old reviews. A revised Indianapolis or Atlanta could also be reviews.

Don't count on it. With all the upcoming premiums and her patreon work she's very, very busy.

39 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Haida? Probably not; she's just entered testing

On the base of Cossack, so preliminary testing and balancing is already done.

[NUWES]
Members
2,868 posts
9,386 battles
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

I'm not sure enough has changed about either of them to warrant a revision, especially with her busy schedule. 

Members
1,338 posts
2,860 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Don't count on it. With all the upcoming premiums and her patreon work she's very, very busy.

On the base of Cossack, so preliminary testing and balancing is already done.

3 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Haida: The initial test version of the Cossack, I'm hopeful that we'll see her come to prominence. If only so that I stop seeing threads asking where she is. Sure she's not technically listed, but Wargaming have confirmed she'll be changed over which will probably just require a minor patch. Plus Canada Day is coming up so that would be appropriate timing. My only hope is that we maybe see her given radar instead of hydro to help further distinguish her from Cossack. Or maybe give Cossack radar instead of hydro to add further emphasis to her anti-DD role.

33677199_2078847115774958_4175684277389754368_o.thumb.jpg.e6d6602dc23ffd9b1dc170e42a40851b.jpg

Given how Haida's model is already finished to the point we've been shown it by WG themselves and the 3x2 4.7 inch Tribal has been in testing (as Cossack) for quite some time now, I wouldn't say she is a terribly long ways off. Perhaps they will rush her out the door for July 1st however given WG's relation with historically important dates and premium timing, I wouldn't bet on it. 

[-K-]
Members
7,901 posts
13,067 battles
20 minutes ago, Dunk_Master_Flex said:

33677199_2078847115774958_4175684277389754368_o.thumb.jpg.e6d6602dc23ffd9b1dc170e42a40851b.jpg

Given how Haida's model is already finished to the point we've been shown it by WG themselves and the 3x2 4.7 inch Tribal has been in testing (as Cossack) for quite some time now, I wouldn't say she is a terribly long ways off. Perhaps they will rush her out the door for July 1st however given WG's relation with historically important dates and premium timing, I wouldn't bet on it. 

Maybe Cossack was just a test-bed for Haida all along.....

6a00d8341d368753ef01b8d2bc84a9970c.png

Members
1,338 posts
2,860 battles
40 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

6a00d8341d368753ef01b8d2bc84a9970c.png

That's what I honestly think, given their issues with Parks Canada and them adding Cossack in a relatively unknown 3x2 layout instead of 4x2, I'd say Cossack was always a Haida testbed  

• Cool 1

[UFFA]
Members
2,015 posts
75 battles

surprise Sovetsky Soyuz TVIII premium drops on June 12 just in time for Russia day? :cap_win:

[ARGSY]
Members
17,511 posts
12,165 battles
2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

While they tortured Parks Canada's bureaucrats into submission?

"Release Haida to us, or we will take away your maple syrup forever and cause your moose-hunting licences to be revoked." 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,476 posts
13,838 battles
6 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

According to the always productive @LittleWhiteMouse, she'll be creating a grand total of FIVE premium reviews for the month of June. That's quite a number in my opinion and leads me to wonder just what we'll be seeing. We've already seen the Kronshtadt's review (Gudbote) and she has confirmed that Monaghan will be getting a review so here are my thoughts on some other possibilities for this month:

My guesses -

Salem
Seems to be associated with 0.7.6 according to this image. While 0.7.6 might scrape in to late June given that 0.7.5 was very late May and we're on a 4 week cycle it might not. I'll say 'maybe', if so, late in the month. May also be related to the re-commencement of CB.
33785634_1508561702582493_42839346932476

Monaghan
A sure thing.

Massachusetts
Seems very likely to me, pretty much hot to trot and being streamed by Flamu today, looks about ok if niche to me

Nueve de Julio
Translation '9th of July' so well... maybe July?

Haida/Cossack
Well, one of but probably not both. Haida seems more in demand on the NA server but Cossack was shown off first, so to be overtaken by Haida would be a bit galling. As Cossack's been tested in 3x2 configuration then Haida is probably close to finished, though the 3x2 + stealth + hydro combo seemed a bit questionable to me.

Haida took part in the Battle of Ushant on 9 June which might line up.

On the other hand WG have a 'Narvik' June mission on 8-15 June, and Cossack participated in the Second Battle there, along with Warspite. At the moment Gneisenau, Scharnhorst and Hipper get some special missions for it despite not being involved...

T-61
Probably not, Z-39 came out not that long ago and 2 in a row seems a bit much, there's a reason T-61 was canned even if it took a whole extra premium to replace.

Graf Zeppelin
Hopefully not... timing about works but just because there was a minimum 3 month exclusivity period doesn't mean it'll be released the day after that time ends.

Stalingrad
I'd guess it depends on when CB is, not really needed it seems until CB Season 3 ends.

Doesn't feel that equitable or fair to release 2 RU high-tier cruisers so close together. The 11th Russian cruiser premium while the RN, MN and RM have 4 between them...

Edited by mofton

Sign in to follow this