You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Avenge_December_7

PSA: You Can Get 190k Free Captain Xp By Playing Pensacola

9 comments in this topic

[STW-N]
Members
3,753 posts
8,525 battles

It would seem that not many players know about this, but here is what it says in the patch notes:

Please note! When Update 0.7.5 hits the live servers, all players will have a chance to complete the following combat mission: Play one battle of any type with Tier VI cruiser Pensacola to get 190,000 Elite Commander XP. This will allow you to easily redistribute the skill points of the Commander or retrain the Commander of the Tier VI Cleveland to the new ship. The combat mission will become available for completion until June 29. Please note, that this combat mission is not visible in the mission list!

In other words, get Pensacola and take her out for one round in co-op and you can get a ton of free captain xp.

Ostensibly, it's for retraining your USN cruiser captains, but I used some of it to retrain my 15-pt Iowa captain as well.

Deadline is June 29, so don't take too long!

• Cool 5

[ONAVY]
Beta Testers
896 posts
10,391 battles

Sold my Pepsi before reading this on the main site this morning... d'oh!... 

[ARGSY]
Members
17,419 posts
12,084 battles
49 minutes ago, KurganSPK said:

Sold my Pepsi before reading this on the main site this morning... d'oh!... 

Get it back and give it a shot.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,859 posts
4,861 battles

It's totally invisible, there's not even a noticeable notification that you got it. You really need to be aware of it.

[VW]
Members
3,788 posts
18,397 battles
Just now, pyantoryng said:

It's totally invisible, there's not even a noticeable notification that you got it. You really need to be aware of it.

agree. but one of the advantages of reading the website/forum.

[4HIM]
Members
2,842 posts
10,749 battles
7 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

Yeah.  That window that shows up after the battle that tells about getting your perma-camo remounted (if it's a 'permanent' camo, why does it have to be remounted?) and all that has a tiny little note at the top.  It goes away real quick so if you blink you'll miss it.