You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
taffy13x2

Carrier "Retooling" idea

3 comments in this topic

Members
12 posts
1,962 battles

So I play both lines of carriers in game, and I do see why people say its like playing a different game. You don't have ammo types or consumables, you have preset types of squads with no flexibility and it makes everyone uncomfortable. Not to mention the massive skill gap and horrendous amounts of AA  in the game make playing carriers and defending against carriers a really sad prospect. Now to top it off WG is going to "Change"  carriers for the "Better". sounds to me like Artillary...

All planes should be blind first off except for whats right below them. thats for all plane types except designated Scouts 

It got me thinking why don't they make carriers just like normal ships. Instead of having fixed dive bomber squads let players have a choice in a match to select "Scout" or "attack" the difference being Scouts would only get 250kg bombs and would have what is standered plane vision now and would be able to spot torps while normal attack squads would be basically blind except for whats right below them. also the attack squad would get 500kg-100kg bombs. dont make a separate squad just have it use bombers and make players choose do they want to attack or scout 

torpedo planes... please just make them do less like really 1 strike from any carrier shouldn't kill anything... this would make Manuel drops less devastating overall

Finally would be Fighters, yes the one squad that does nothing but make carriers hate each-other and offer no gameplay with the actual ships below them. That should change, Retool the strafe Manuel ability to work against ships(gasp) but make it do know damage...(confusion) This might seem odd but really it would be a way to combat ever growing AA bubbles make it so the ability would make fighters immune to AA while strafing but not immune to fighters.When the squad reaches the ship it would have a chance to damage the AA guns/secondaries while doing no actual damage to the ship. balance this by making it consume ammo and have a short cooldown.

thats my idea for making carriers alittle more viable without completely burning them into the ground.

[WOLF8]
Members
6,601 posts
5,800 battles

No worries, one of the CC's named Mighty Jingles posted a secret leaked footage of somebody playing the revamped CV in a super secret test server. You should check it out, lol.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,955 posts
14,569 battles
35 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

No worries, one of the CC's named Mighty Jingles posted a secret leaked footage of somebody playing the revamped CV in a super secret test server. You should check it out, lol.

WASD

looks boring as hell.