You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Avenge_December_7

I Have Reached The Pinnacle of Terrible Supercontainers

28 comments in this topic

[STW-N]
Members
3,768 posts
8,540 battles

So after having a very nice debut battle for my Iowa in which our team managed to pull together despite losing all of our destroyers and nearly half of our team before the 5-minute mark (I ended up second on the team with 117k damage, 1952 base xp, 1 kill, and a dreadnaught to my name), I also managed to snag two supercontainers from the Yamamoto campaign. 

One contained a hydro module which, while fairly disappointing considering I already had one in my inventory, I considered to be eventually useful on high tier German destroyers.

The other...

Spoiler

5b0fa213c188c_ScreenShot2018-05-31at12_06_24AM.thumb.png.366618cb204b2eafec95b8241725ff49.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 12.04.16 AM.png

• Funny 1

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles

Im sorry, but Spotter Plane mod is my one goal in life to get from a supercontainer. the pinnacle of terrible supercontainers is getting the same thing 5 times in a row.

But nooo, I have to get 5 radar mods for my least liked and least used consumable

Members
1,924 posts
7,591 battles

I'm crap at aiming with spotting aircraft.  I also have the mod 1 spotter from a SC.  I'm guessing I'll sell it before i ever mount it. 

[CUTER]
Members
832 posts
24,906 battles
1 hour ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

So after having a very nice debut battle for my Iowa in which our team managed to pull together despite losing all of our destroyers and nearly half of our team before the 5-minute mark (I ended up second on the team with 117k damage, 1952 base xp, 1 kill, and a dreadnaught to my name), I also managed to snag two supercontainers from the Yamamoto campaign. 

One contained a hydro module which, while fairly disappointing considering I already had one in my inventory, I considered to be eventually useful on high tier German destroyers.

The other...

Hide contents

5b0fa213c188c_ScreenShot2018-05-31at12_06_24AM.thumb.png.366618cb204b2eafec95b8241725ff49.png

That should make a solid impact with your Des Moines (so sorry mate) lol

• Funny 1

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles

I've been getting those "-5% to consumables" flags for the last 3 supercontainers or so.

Talk about a useless reward. I've never ever had such urgent need for a consumable to load 4-6 seconds faster and make a difference. Never even put that flag on any of my ships save for clan battles (if that even). 

[PSV]
Privateers, Supertester
719 posts
5,845 battles

Spotter plane is not the worst by far. Try DCP mod. 

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
11,016 posts
20,966 battles

No special mod like that is "bad". If you can't or don't want to use it they sell for 625,000 credits. That seems pretty good to me.

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,118 posts
58 minutes ago, mrmariokartguy said:

Spotter plane is not the worst by far. Try DCP mod. 

My Missouri seems to like it. The DCP mod is custom made for US BBs, almost 30 seconds of status immunity!

Members
1,703 posts
10,536 battles
2 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

My Missouri seems to like it. The DCP mod is custom made for US BBs, almost 30 seconds of status immunity!

Yes, that is nice if you are being spammed and trying to get out of somewhere.  but how often does that really help.  and is that worth more than having it go on cool down faster?  there are times you want it to go back on cool down faster, so it is ready the next time you need it.

much like the 1 min long radar for the DM.  how often is the extra 16 seconds worth it?  at least in randoms, the guy is dead or gone by the time 40 seconds is up, meaning you are wasting 16 seconds that could be used on the cool down. 

[BROOK]
3,118 posts
14 minutes ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

Yes, that is nice if you are being spammed and trying to get out of somewhere.  but how often does that really help.  and is that worth more than having it go on cool down faster?  there are times you want it to go back on cool down faster, so it is ready the next time you need it.

much like the 1 min long radar for the DM.  how often is the extra 16 seconds worth it?  at least in randoms, the guy is dead or gone by the time 40 seconds is up, meaning you are wasting 16 seconds that could be used on the cool down. 

8 seconds out of combat is nothing. 8 seconds in combat is eternity. I'm not going to be put out by an extra 8 second wait into a cool down that is already massively cutdown by JOAT/HA/Flag/Prem version.

Members
1,703 posts
10,536 battles
1 minute ago, TornadoADV said:

8 seconds out of combat is nothing. 8 seconds in combat is eternity. I'm not going to be put out by an extra 8 second wait into a cool down that is already massively cutdown by JOAT/HA/Flag/Prem version.

except that is 8 seconds you have to wait.  and what happens if you are all of the sudden in combat?  CV shows up.  torps you didn't expect.  etc,. craphappens.  all that time you could of been on cool down was being wasted. 

anyways, there are pros and cons to having a longer DC.  if you find it worth it, good.   I just dont find it as useful.

[BROOK]
3,118 posts
2 minutes ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

except that is 8 seconds you have to wait.  and what happens if you are all of the sudden in combat?  CV shows up.  torps you didn't expect.  etc,. craphappens.  all that time you could of been on cool down was being wasted. 

anyways, there are pros and cons to having a longer DC.  if you find it worth it, good.   I just dont find it as useful.

If you're within 8 ticks of flood damage away from death, it's time to use your repair party.

Members
1,703 posts
10,536 battles
4 minutes ago, TornadoADV said:

If you're within 8 ticks of flood damage away from death, it's time to use your repair party.

what?  you have already used DC, it just went on cool down.(several seconds after compared to normal DC)  and that is when the torps, cv etc happen.  

[WOLF4]
Members
840 posts
11,056 battles
6 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

The other...

Hide contents

The super modules really are very good - there are multiple ships in the game that can benefit from their use.

Disappointed with the special hydro module? Huh?

Those things are the bomb on KM DDs and cruisers - capable of giving you a real advantage in random play.  I run one on Z52 and one on Hindy.

I'd be curious to see how the special DC module would stack with the special Russian commander and his abilities - I might give that a try when the Russian BBs get into the game.

Special Speed modules - I never have enough of those - I have one on Henry, one on Leningrad and one on Khab - worth their weight in dubloons.

Special Radar module - tough to come by - I only have one - purchased during the Fire and Water event - wish I had purchased a dozen more.  Currently switched between Kronstadt and DM - but will go up the US light cruiser line when it releases.

Special DFAA module - I have been running one on Baltimore, but will be switching it to Cleveland for the grind up the rest of that line.  It can make CV players cry...

Special Spotting plane module - pretty handy on Hindy and an awesome counter to bow tanking BBs - in fact Hindy gets two special modules - the hydro and  spotting plane.  Gives an already borderline OP ship a touch more advantage - ha ha!

I often think folks don't realize the strengths of these special modules, because they have never tried them.

They really are worth replacing the usual modules with.

[JHF]
Members
372 posts
7,128 battles

I got 14 days of premium on the last super container... is that good?

[SYN]
Members
1,149 posts
9,657 battles
5 minutes ago, Hydra_360ci said:

I got 14 days of premium on the last super container... is that good?

Most excellent.

I got two in the past two days! 50 Hydra and 50 Valentine Camo's. Thanks WG!

[RBMK]
Members
2,133 posts
13,894 battles
1 hour ago, Frederick_The_Great said:

what?  you have already used DC, it just went on cool down.(several seconds after compared to normal DC)  and that is when the torps, cv etc happen.  

Repair party genius not damage control

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

1 or 2 spotting plane mods can be useful, I use it on my Hinden along with reload mod, however, having a ton is annoying. Last bunch of SC for me have been special modules I don't need, like spotting plane, or DCP mod. Wouldn't mind having more Radar mods, or engine boost.

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

Oddly enough, I’d love to have one on Musashi. She has a spotter plane that reloads a lot faster and stays aloft longer than the standard. She’s the only ship I take the premium version of it.

[OO7]
Members
4,089 posts
9,474 battles
40 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

Oddly enough, I’d love to have one on Musashi. She has a spotter plane that reloads a lot faster and stays aloft longer than the standard. She’s the only ship I take the premium version of it.

I run the spotter plane mod on both Hindi/Zao.

If it makes you feel better, OP, I got a SC this morning (first in months) and it was 50 more of a camo I already have 100+ of...