Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Yamamoto buff

3 comments in this topic

[DRNX]
Members
440 posts
9,831 battles

2 questions, with the Yamamoto buff of EM you can get the Turret traverse down to around 52 seconds. However you have to remove the MBM3 so your reload goes up from 26.4 to 30 secs .  Is the decrease in turret traverse by 5 seconds worth the increase in reload by 3.5 seconds? Also should I run FP or CE as a 4 point skill. This goes for the Musashi as well as I use him on it? TIA

Members
1,215 posts
3,177 battles

I'm assuming you're talking about Yamato.

No, run the reload mod. Yamato and Musashi can have ridiculous DPM, which is why I run reload mod and AR. You lose a little versatility, but once the turrets are there you can really put out some insane damage. Your first 12 point should be PT, EM, SI/BoS, Concealment, and AR.CE is very useful, more so than FP, but I plan to get FP as my final skill. The ability to disengage is very valuable. 

Edited by CarbonButtprint
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
206 posts
7,488 battles

Well, he's specifically talking about using Yamamoto ON Yamato, so you're kind of correct. Though I fully agree that MBM3 on Yamato is the best choice. The boosted EM for Yamamoto is a convenience to help get the ship's turret traverse down, but it's going to be miserable regardless so you shouldn't be giving up DPM just for a slightly faster turret rotation.

I fully agree with the first 12 points though. After that FP is certainly an option, as are AA boosting skills - while Yamato's never going to have particularly good AA, she does have vaguely decent enough base guns to at least do something if specced. FP and whichever one of SI/BoS you didn't take would certainly be efficient though.

Personally, while it's admittedly the most pragmatic use for him now that he's got the boosted EM, my own Yamamoto will be staying on Akizuki so I can amuse myself and/or annoy others with the constant stream of red tracers raining on them. Efficiency is boring.

Sign in to follow this