You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Lol Time for some of you to confess...

26 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
11,801 posts
13,379 battles

Lol with many of you guys able to buy Scharnhorst, and battles filled with cruisers because of USN CAs... I imagine some of you have probably had a field day sinking shells into those Cruiser Citadels and robbing the CAs of their speed advantages with the Scharnhorst’s speed. Any of you care to have a nice confession? Lol I don’t have a Scharnhorst, so might be fun to hear about the fun some of you are likely having at the moment. :Smile_popcorn:

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Forgive me Admiral Thrawn for I have sinned....It has been years and years since my last confession.

I killed so many CA/L's with my Scharnhorst today..

• Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
13,299 posts
23,188 battles

Not me; Shinyhorse is yet another supposedly ‘great’ ship that never works for me.

[RKLES]
Members
11,801 posts
13,379 battles
12 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Forgive me Admiral Thrawn for I have sinned....It has been years and years since my last confession.

I killed so many CA/L's with my Scharnhorst today..

So many years and a lot of trouble I take it?

Hmm this will take a while.

DC7C5654-8130-491A-9E5B-272CB2234D7E.png.221b1eb7b97407249dba091021a31189.png

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
11,801 posts
13,379 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Not me; Shinyhorse is yet another supposedly ‘great’ ship that never works for me.

Based on my experience with Graf Spee 11’ guns which are similar to Scharnhorst, you need to use AP Ammo most of the time and take advantage of all the ships that sail broadside to you. The CAs are particularly delightful to hit since they take citadel  hits a a lot if they sail broadside.

[DDMAF]
Members
2,557 posts
15,335 battles

Normandie has been fun as well....

[-VT3-]
Members
1,853 posts
3,584 battles

Scharnhorst is the cruiser that I play when I'm in the mood for pure, unadulterated, aggressive fun.

If I've had a run of unbelievably passive teams in a row, the Scharn is the perfect ship for breaking through that passivity and forcing the issue.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
55 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol with many of you guys able to buy Scharnhorst, and battles filled with cruisers because of USN CAs... I imagine some of you have probably had a field day sinking shells into those Cruiser Citadels and robbing the CAs of their speed advantages with the Scharnhorst’s speed. Any of you care to have a nice confession? Lol I don’t have a Scharnhorst, so might be fun to hear about the fun some of you are likely having at the moment. :Smile_popcorn:

Sharnhorst doesnt citadel CAs as well as you think. If you are fighting noobs that dont know how to angle, then yes. But good players at tiers 6-8 will rarely show their broadside to you and even if they do ... the dispersion on the 11" guns is pretty horrible.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
11,801 posts
13,379 battles
5 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

Sharnhorst doesnt citadel CAs as well as you think. If you are fighting noobs that dont know how to angle, then yes. But good players at tiers 6-8 will rarely show their broadside to you and even if they do ... the dispersion on the 11" guns is pretty horrible.

Even with Aiming Mod upgrade?

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,108 posts

No, but the Bismark, Richilieu, and Iowa have been taking turns at the cruiser buffet.

[TDRB]
Members
4,259 posts
12,279 battles

Only played my Scharnhorst 2x today. I caught a Cleveland in a bad position & made a brawl out of it.   I sunk another cruiser in the same battle. In the other battle I did not get a "kill shot" but finished 7th in damage. Not terrible for a bottom tiered ship.  On the flip side I played my Baltimore for the 1st time. It was one of those rare battles where we look like a team, not a bunch of random people thrown together my the MM mechanics. My friend & I were on cruisers & we joined with 2 BB's. They would draw fire & we would move in and do our best to keep their targets burning.  After we broke up  the red team's push on the west side of the map their cruisers didn't have a chance but neither did their BB's as we were able to isolate them from any support because the other part of our team was working well together also. Wish I was in more battle like that.

Members
4,410 posts
17,771 battles
55 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

2bbta4.jpg

Agreed! Scharnie is more of a Cruiser than that tier 9 borscht bucket that WG calls a Cruiser. (BTW, I saw several of those abominations in Randoms today and none of them survived a battle)

While I love Scharnhorst, I aint driven her in Randoms for a long time. Why? Because she's rated as a BB! And I have a allergy to driving BBs because I might be mistaken for a BB main. :cap_haloween:

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,668 battles

Nope. Played a grand total of one match, earlier, and it was a loss. On days when I cry, I kind of lose the motivation to game, and wind up just laying down.

[RLGN]
Members
13,299 posts
23,188 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Based on my experience with Graf Spee 11’ guns which are similar to Scharnhorst, you need to use AP Ammo most of the time and take advantage of all the ships that sail broadside to you. The CAs are particularly delightful to hit since they take citadel  hits a a lot if they sail broadside.

Of course; through the self-defeating, self-inflicted sorcery that is my gameplay; I never manage to be where that is. Basically the same rason I hate all the RN cruisers and think they're total garbage.

[STW-N]
Members
3,768 posts
8,540 battles

Better be careful not to kill too many of them, Grand Admiral, especially if they're piloted by Noghri (and a certain one named Rukh at that—apparently there is, in fact, a player named Rukh in the game, although his(?) stats are hidden so I can't really tell what he plays)

Otherwise...you might end up saying "but...it was so artistically done" while three fires rage on your Scharnhorst and and your damage control is still on cooldown

thrawndeathjpg.jpg

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
8 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Even with Aiming Mod upgrade?

Even with the mod. Dispersion can be outright brutal at times.

[RBMK]
Members
2,133 posts
13,894 battles
14 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

Even with the mod. Dispersion can be outright brutal at times.

Same with any battleship.... yamato, conq, montana, grosser, repub, iowa, missouri, izumo, musashi, f der, lion, alsace, gascone, monarch, richleau, bismarck, tirpitz, amagi, kii, alabama, nc... list goes on...

why? Because battleships have the worst stigma of all the ships which create bad dispersion. 

[RKLES]
Members
11,801 posts
13,379 battles
7 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Better be careful not to kill too many of them, Grand Admiral, especially if they're piloted by Noghri (and a certain one named Rukh at that—apparently there is, in fact, a player named Rukh in the game, although his(?) stats are hidden so I can't really tell what he plays)

Otherwise...you might end up saying "but...it was so artistically done" while three fires rage on your Scharnhorst and and your damage control is still on cooldown

thrawndeathjpg.jpg

Sadly I do not own a Scharnhorst due to the cost of buying one. Hence the reason I am asking how the hunting is for them, since I imagine those that can afford to buy Scharnhorst have probably been having field day.

[A-D-F]
Members
1,119 posts
9,148 battles
47 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

Same with any battleship.... yamato, conq, montana, grosser, repub, iowa, missouri, izumo, musashi, f der, lion, alsace, gascone, monarch, richleau, bismarck, tirpitz, amagi, kii, alabama, nc... list goes on...

why? Because battleships have the worst stigma of all the ships which create bad dispersion. 

Sigma/stigma, lol. What do you have against BB's? 

Yes; that was a joke..

[PRNA]
[PRNA]
Members
9 posts
4,054 battles

I've been cutting through cruisers with Nelson like a lightsaber going through younglings.

[RBMK]
Members
2,133 posts
13,894 battles
2 minutes ago, Curly__san said:

Sigma/stigma, lol. What do you have against BB's? 

Yes; that was a joke..

Then pen my [edited]so  much in my cruisers i cant sit properly no more