Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Beanlord

Halsey's Tracer Color

10 comments in this topic

[POTW]
Members
45 posts
8,380 battles

I see that Halsey fires red tracers, just like Yamamoto.  I'd like to suggest that they change the tracer color to blue, so that we can tell them apart.

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
3,620 posts
14,525 battles
3 minutes ago, Beanlord said:

I see that Halsey fires red tracers, just like Yamamoto.  I'd like to suggest that they change the tracer color to blue, so that we can tell them apart.

Well, it is unlikely that Halsey would be on a Japanese ship. 

But yes, blue tracers would be nice. 

[WOLFB]
Members
3,320 posts
13,709 battles

If you confuse a US ship with an IJN ship you must be drunk. But yeah, a blue tracer would be cool.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,818 posts
4,361 battles

I would have preferred RWB tracers, also on the new MURRICA camouflages that are coming.

Then do the same for the unique French camouflages.

[RKLES]
Members
11,801 posts
13,379 battles

Actually making the Halsey shells Red, While, and Blue might be fun idea. The 3 colors on 1 shell might be interesting, but each shell having 1 of the 3 colors might be easier.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,853 posts
3,584 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Actually making the Halsey shells Red, While, and Blue might be fun idea. The 3 colors on 1 shell might be interesting, but each shell having 1 of the 3 colors might be easier.

A particle effect that's red at the emitter, and then fades to white and blue as each particle ages? 

[-IRS-]
[-IRS-]
Beta Testers
167 posts
4,827 battles

How about 1 shell from each barrel will have a different color. Thus each turret fires a set of 3 shells (1 red, 1 white, and 1 blue). 

Members
4,410 posts
17,771 battles
2 hours ago, Beanlord said:

Yes!.gif.b3625f0f6f085537272bd79f54932392.gif

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,809 posts
11,101 battles
3 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Well, it is unlikely that Halsey would be on a Japanese ship. 

But yes, blue tracers would be nice. 

Yes, but if you don't see the ship firing the rounds, it would ID it.

Which, I think is part of the issue. I believe that in pre-release footage discussing him, he fires tracers that are more yellowish, not red. However, they may have looked at that and decided against it for the same honestly in my opinion, stupid, reason they won't differentiate Radar detection from Hydro - that it "helps tell you what ship it is that's spotting you" or in this case, firing at you. Sure it would in a match with 1 USN ship with guns, not so much in one with 6. 

I back the idea, long as they get the right medium/dark blue close to that of the flag, but still visible against the sky/water even when darkened, or the tri-colour idea. Maybe go a little crazy like some of the mods and have it a red/white/blue triple colour with stars or eagle shapes coming off it, or both for maximum freedom being launched from my Ark Beta or Iowa. But I have a feeling Wargamig won't cause "oh, it'll let you know an American ship is shooting at you". 

Cause I totally can't figure that out from seeing the ship, number of guns, the orbital fire arc, the alt key, or the fact the fire is HE from the other side of an island which at last check USN is pretty much the only ships with 10-12 guns doing that as far as cruisers go and in generally with DD's. 

To which point - they already know as is you have Yamamoto cause he's the only one. And you know what - Maybe I want them to know what's shooting at them. Maybe I want them to know that ship that just took 1/3rd of their health is the Iowa in the game and that in about 20 seconds (due to flight time) those guns are going to fire again and 10 seconds after that they may take another hit like that or worse - and drive them away. Psychological Warfare can be an amazing thing even in this game. Want proof see matches where that new IJN DD shows up and most if not all BB's flee in terror to the back. How when a CV is present the smart and not wanting to get sunk stick together and try to avoid getting spread out too far. Or just the usual whining if one shows up. Of demands to target Belfast, Atlanta, RU cruisers, etc. Of how when it doesn't blink and dodges torps cruisers will flee from a German BB that's made it into secondary range. 

Edited by WanderingGhost

Supertester, Beta Testers
5,783 posts
8,152 battles

Both commanders use a single tracer texture at the moment, so modding one will mod the other until a game fix is made.

Sign in to follow this