Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Home on the Range

9 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,482 posts
17,037 battles
7 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

Tell your crew to get out their hunting rifles.

I discovered the best ship for all the CAs in queue.  Not a BB.  Get this.....Belfast...and pay attention when to switch HE/AP.  Pepsi and the new NO....melt.  When bottomed tiered, just play like you used to...respect radar...choose your spots.

[FML]
Members
3,604 posts
14,508 battles
1 minute ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I discovered the best ship for all the CAs in queue.  Not a BB.  Get this.....Belfast...and pay attention when to switch HE/AP.  Pepsi and the new NO....melt.  When bottomed tiered, just play like you used to...respect radar...choose your spots.

Really? I wouldn’t have thought any ship that relies on smoke or concealment would be strong in such a radar envirobment. Instead, a survival build USN battleship like a NC should do nicely. 

[RLGN]
Members
13,283 posts
23,177 battles
9 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Which would be great; except to me all RN cruisers, including Belfast, have been worthless trash.

Perth doesn’t count; because she’s Australian.

Members
1,526 posts
10,950 battles
8 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Think I will give it a shot, thanks, although I am not especially good with Belfast.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,482 posts
17,037 battles
1 hour ago, _Rumple_ said:

Think I will give it a shot, thanks, although I am not especially good with Belfast.

Well, be careful.  The key here is you have to know how to play Belfast when bottom tiered.  This hasn't changed much since before the U.S. cruiser update.  You have to know where to set up to avoid getting radar'd and focused.  Where it shines is mid or top tier.  You can move closer and smoke without worrying about radar...or only one or two radar ships.  But REMEMBER your smoke/fire detection range!  

The new cruisers are squishy broadside, so AP works great!  If they bow on...HE.  If they hide...HE the BBs.  Oh, and don't forget...you have radar...get the DDs too.

I know the above is well known to Belfast players.  The reason it's cool now is you are pretty much guaranteed a target rich environment of cruisers.  The ability to switch AP/HE is important here.      

Sign in to follow this