Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Joe_918145

Tier 1 Random is a Hoot!

4 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
384 posts
16,960 battles

I suspect it's been talked about here already, but last night I played Tier 1 for the first time.  I admit it, I was having some bad games in the mid tiers and I expected to do some seal clubbing down at T1 to let off some steam.  I was wrong.

These guys can play!  I've quickly learned the handles of some of the stars and I'm still learning the strategy.   One thing is for sure, you don't YOLO in or you will be deleted with almost no damage done yourself.  This is not Tier 1 co-op at all.

I just finished a game where the guys waited for me to catch up so I could get some good damage at the end of a battle.  How's that for sportsmanship and making the new guy feel welcome?  I don't think I can name names here but thank you if you read this and I did give both of you some karma for what that's worth.

One thing is for sure, to be successful you better have at least a 10 point captain and you better be able to shoot at range or it won't be a good experience at all.

Edited by Joe_918145
typo

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,480 posts
4,602 battles

You can name names here if it's a compliment or just an "I saw @NewPotatoe".  There are whole threads for that. 

Glad you enjoyed yourself.  

[4HIM]
Members
2,842 posts
10,749 battles

Whenever I try to play T1 PvP the wait seems really long. But @theLaalaa has a ton of YouTube games of T1 games. Plays T1 with 19 point captains. 

Edited by ZARDOZ_II

Members
1,284 posts
22,160 battles

Yes, the waits can be into the 4 minute mark at time. That's when I alt-tab to read forums/news; make or refill my coffee; restroom/stretch my legs break; read/answer email; read for work; etc.

Tier 1: It allows some productivity while playing. ;)

Sign in to follow this