Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ThatSinkingFeeling

Post-0.7.5 US Cruiser upgrade inconsistency

8 comments in this topic

Members
130 posts
13,786 battles

I understand that navigating the complexities of something like this split is difficult, but I am curious about the different changes to ship upgrade conditions.

Pre-update I had the Cleveland and Baltimore, both fully upgraded.  After the upgrade, it seems that the following happened:

Cleveland went to tier 8; I got the Pensacola at tier 6, fully upgraded; Cleveland is researched but I still have to pay the 3.3 million credits to do the upgrades (that I already had for years).

Baltimore went to tier 8; I got the Buffalo, fully upgraded; I will have to both research and buy the upgrades for the Baltimore.

What I don't get is, the downgraded Pensacola is fully upgraded - while the downgraded Baltimore is completely stock.

The upgraded Buffalo is fully upgraded, while the upgraded Cleveland is  only partially so.  Why  the difference in which upgrades and downgrades get upgrades, especially since the amount of upgrading isn't consistent?

[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

My baltimore is fully upgraded and the upgrade slots need to be reinstalled as with all the USN cruisers that were moved.

The Cleveland is a "New Ship" Not a refit,therefore you have to research the modules. 

Members
191 posts
40 battles
39 minutes ago, ThatSinkingFeeling said:

I understand that navigating the complexities of something like this split is difficult, but I am curious about the different changes to ship upgrade conditions.

Pre-update I had the Cleveland and Baltimore, both fully upgraded.  After the upgrade, it seems that the following happened:

Cleveland went to tier 8; I got the Pensacola at tier 6, fully upgraded; Cleveland is researched but I still have to pay the 3.3 million credits to do the upgrades (that I already had for years).

Baltimore went to tier 8; I got the Buffalo, fully upgraded; I will have to both research and buy the upgrades for the Baltimore.

What I don't get is, the downgraded Pensacola is fully upgraded - while the downgraded Baltimore is completely stock.

The upgraded Buffalo is fully upgraded, while the upgraded Cleveland is  only partially so.  Why  the difference in which upgrades and downgrades get upgrades, especially since the amount of upgrading isn't consistent?

There are no inconsistencies in it. Your replacement ship of the same tier you originally owned has all the upgrades installed, while the replacement ship of the different tier is always only installed with the stock module.

You own only the fully upgraded T6 and T9 ship, so only the new T6 and T9 will come fully upgraded, all the T8 extras you received will be in stock state.

[2CUTE]
Supertester
4,134 posts
4,312 battles

Cleveland should be fully stock...

[WOLF5]
Members
848 posts
31,265 battles
41 minutes ago, ThatSinkingFeeling said:

Ok before the update, you had a fully upgraded t-6 Cleveland and t-9 Baltimore. After the split, you now have a fully upgraded Pensacola t-6 and Buffalo t-9. So you didn't lose any progress on the line since the captains and ship XP stayed at their pre-split tiers. Since the main line only has one gun module, you would have gotten credits and ship XP refunded for the upgraded gun modules and the ships would have had their stock gun modules mounted for free. 

In addition, you now have a stock new T-8 Cleveland with an 8 point captain in the alternative CL line and a downtiered T-8 Baltimore. If the t-8 NO was fully researched, you do not have to research those modules again. Because you did NOT have the NO in port, you got a free stock t-8 Baltimore with the same XP and modules researched as your previous NO as well as an 8 point captain.

WG's method for doing ship down/up tiers is that you will not lose your current progress ON THE LINE. If the ship is up/down tiered,  you will then get a free stock ship with a captain with the same number of points as the tier they go to.  If you would have gotten duplicate ships because of the line moves, then you would get the full credit value refunded of the new ship tier position as well as a ship slot and captain with the tier points. Do not make the mistake of thinking that your progress is on the ship, it's not, it's on the position in the line. 

Members
130 posts
13,786 battles
7 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Ok before the update, you had a fully upgraded t-6 Cleveland and t-9 Baltimore. After the split, you now have a fully upgraded Pensacola t-6 and Buffalo t-9. So you didn't lose any progress on the line since the captains and ship XP stayed at their pre-split tiers. Since the main line only has one gun module, you would have gotten credits and ship XP refunded for the upgraded gun modules and the ships would have had their stock gun modules mounted for free. 

In addition, you now have a stock new T-8 Cleveland with an 8 point captain in the alternative CL line and a downtiered T-8 Baltimore. If the t-8 NO was fully researched, you do not have to research those modules again. Because you did NOT have the NO in port, you got a free stock t-8 Baltimore with the same XP and modules researched as your previous NO as well as an 8 point captain.

Thanks for the explanation - now it makes sense.  Not that I was going to lose sleep over upgrading the Baltimore - I don't think I'll be using it any more anyway.  The difference just didn't make sense to me, and I was just looking for the logic behind it, which you provided.  (Speaking of not making sense, my last sentence in the op makes none at all.)

And I'm pretty sure I did have the New Orleans in port, since I had earned the special camo pattern.  I can't swear to it, since I was playing the Baltimore since I got it, but I was pretty sure I didn't get rid of it.  Again - not like I was going to  be playing it any more ...

Edited by ThatSinkingFeeling

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,485 posts
4,602 battles
1 hour ago, ThatSinkingFeeling said:

Apparently you didn't have New Orleans.  Baltimore moved into NO's slot (stock) and had nothing to inherit.  

New Cleveland should be totally stock, with all her XP, CO, and upgrades on new Pensie.  

Sounds as if your split worked as advertised. 

Sign in to follow this