You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ochosinko

19pt CLE Captain

19 comments in this topic

[KCB]
Members
88 posts
12,867 battles

I had a 19 pt captain in my CLE and now it is an 8 pt; why should I have to pay to transfer from Pensacola to T8 CLE at full capability?  This is a ripoff.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
10,915 posts
14,930 battles

Play one battle in your Pens, you will get 190,000 elite commander xp. Use that to retrain your Cleveland Captain to 19

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
19,795 posts
11,989 battles
12 minutes ago, Ochosinko said:

I had a 19 pt captain in my CLE and now it is an 8 pt; why should I have to pay to transfer from Pensacola to T8 CLE at full capability?  This is a ripoff.

Because the 19pt captain was the mainline T6 US cruiser yesterday and is still on the mainline T6 US cruiser today. Follow paradat's advice below and get yourself 190,000 Elite Cpt XP to retrain the old Cleveland captain to the new alternate line T8 US cruiser. Even better, you can play the one Pensacola battle in any mode you want including co-op.

11 minutes ago, paradat said:

Play one battle in your Pens, you will get 190,000 elite commander xp. Use that to retrain your Cleveland Captain to 19

[PVE]
Members
1,709 posts
7,764 battles
10 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Because the 19pt captain was the mainline T6 US cruiser yesterday and is still on the mainline T6 US cruiser today. Follow paradat's advice below and get yourself 190,000 Elite Cpt XP to retrain the old Cleveland captain to the new alternate line T8 US cruiser. Even better, you can play the one Pensacola battle in any mode you want including co-op.

Its still a rip off, the Capt., was with and for the Cleveland and should have stayed with the Cleveland no matter what tier it got moved to. WG is basing our Captains on what tier they are from not what ship, some how that just does not seem right. Despite the fact that they are giving 190k to retrain, why should we have to re-train when its was already setup for a particular ship and should remain with that ship despite the move in tiers.

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
19,795 posts
11,989 battles
7 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

Its still a rip off, the Capt., was with and for the Cleveland and should have stayed with the Cleveland no matter what tier it got moved to. WG is basing our Captains on what tier they are from not what ship, some how that just does not seem right. Despite the fact that they are giving 190k to retrain, why should we have to re-train when its was already setup for a particular ship and should remain with that ship despite the move in tiers.

Sorry Judge, I can only tell you how it has worked in past splits. For a detailed why it was done this way, you will have to take that up with WG, because I do not know.

Members
479 posts
11,615 battles

I see your point OP but a different point of view is that the ship is not the same ship, and some people may choose to retrain their captain, transfer their captain, it’s hard to say, the solution provided is fair, that seems reasonable to me.

[HINON]
Members
12,662 posts
1 minute ago, Visidious said:

I see your point OP but a different point of view is that the ship is not the same ship, and some people may choose to retrain their captain, transfer their captain, it’s hard to say, the solution provided is fair, that seems reasonable to me.

Exactly, the current solution is quite fair and allows a lot of freedom for the player to move the captain to any ship they want now.

[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
18 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

Free 190,000 elite Captains Exp and you think it is a Ripoff.... Now thats Funny

c71qCmQ.gif

[SYN]
Members
15,614 posts
12,778 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

Is that upcoming, or is it in this version?

I can't find it. :v

[PVE]
Members
19,795 posts
11,989 battles
1 minute ago, MrDeaf said:

Is that upcoming, or is it in this version?

I can't find it. :v

It was added last minute, so there is no mission. Check your Elite Cpt XP before and after. You can do the Pensacola battle in ANY mode.

[SYN]
Members
15,614 posts
12,778 battles

gotcha

[-REK-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
646 posts
3 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Free 190,000 elite Captains Exp and you think it is a Ripoff.... Now thats Funny

c71qCmQ.gif

So many people do not realize they can change the doubloon cost to capt XP 

[WOLF5]
Members
848 posts
31,265 battles
3 hours ago, Judge_Doom said:

So you would be fine if they took your other ship captains and moved them down a tier and left you with a 9 point Buffalo commander, huh? Yeah, no one's going to complain about that. 

Again in all line splits, WG has always left the captain in the line and tier. They do not want you to lose progress IN THE LINE. The Cleveland-8 is a new ship. Just because it's the same name, it's got totally different specs and MM. 

[WOLF3]
Members
24,749 posts
21,823 battles
4 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

Deal with it

You can use this in the future if you so choose.  Or not.  There's other funny ones out there!

tumblr_mokcd21FA31srkowjo1_400.gif

[PVE]
Members
1,709 posts
7,764 battles
6 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Sorry Judge, I can only tell you how it has worked in past splits. For a detailed why it was done this way, you will have to take that up with WG, because I do not know.

I understand that K, it somehow just does not feel right this time around, maybe because I worked my [edited]off to get that 19 pt capt in the Cleve at tier 6....thinking about it now I think it does not feel right because they took away one of my most favorite ships at tier....already been through the Pensacola at tier 7 and now that its at tier 6 it does not look an better and especially not any better than Cleve was at that tier.

To all those that are wanting to flame me for my opinion, go right ahead, I'm entitled to an opinion just like everyone else is...if you think 190k for capt retraining is sufficient, great! I'm not saying I will not use it, I will, just wish I did not have to retrain for something that I already had in the first place.

Carry on! 

Edited by Judge_Doom

Members
6 posts

You can (propably, haven't checked the "numbers" myself) retrain your 19 pt commander "back" to the T8 Cleveland with those 190 000 elite xp.
First retrain him to 50 % with 200 000 credits, and then use your elite xp for the rest of the training.

I did retrain my commander back to T8 Cleveland with 50 % for 200 k credits, and then put him on Atlanta with best Xp camo and all xp signals.
After 5 games in Operation Hermes scenario mission (one lost, rest 4 stars wins) and he was fully retrained back to Cleveland.

Forgot to mention that i also had bought the us commander, so those 200 % commander xp missions helped a lot.

Edited by Bald_Rookie
forgot to mention a important thing