You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aaron_S_Merrill

Tier VIII Cleveland

14 comments in this topic

[BOTO]
Members
1,091 posts
13,718 battles

My apologies if this has already been covered, but my new Tier VIII Cleveland only has the stock modules, I thought we were going to get her fully upgraded?  I really have to burn XP and credits for the B Hull and upgraded GFCS?

[-PVE-]
Members
232 posts
12,527 battles

No, only the replacements were to be fully upgraded, if the previous ships was also fully upgraded. 

Clan Supertest Coordinator
1,817 posts
8,644 battles

You get fully upgraded ship of former corresponding tier.

In other words check your pensacola

Edited by Treediagram

Members
335 posts
3,726 battles

"Also, players get the Tier VIII cruiser Cleveland in stock build and a Commander with 8 skill points for the ship." -Gneisenau013

Edited by Rpkscout1

[BOTO]
Members
1,091 posts
13,718 battles
8 minutes ago, Rpkscout1 said:

"Also, players get the Tier VIII cruiser Cleveland in stock build and a Commander with 8 skill points for the ship." -Gneisenau013

Yep, I missed this yesterday. This is a bit disappointing since I've gotten the entire USN cruiser line from Omaha on up and had all the modules for each ship.  Didn't want to have to use Free Xp or grind Xp for new modules.  Oh well, you can't have everything I guess.  Thanks for the answer.

[--K--]
Members
6,386 posts
14,047 battles
1 minute ago, Wittman73 said:

Yep, I missed this yesterday. This is a bit disappointing since I've gotten the entire USN cruiser line from Omaha on up and had all the modules for each ship.  Didn't want to have to use Free Xp or grind Xp for new modules.  Oh well, you can't have everything I guess.  Thanks for the answer.

The worst part is realizing that if you want the Helena and the Worcester, you pretty much have to grind the entire line despite already owning the Cleveland. 

[SOFOP]
Members
2,076 posts
12,715 battles

So you guys basically either expected or thought it would have been reasonable for them to give you the entire light line just for having the Cleveland?  That seems a little greedy.

I think how they did it was pretty fair. You had nothing in the light cruiser line and now you have a t7, and should have been prepped for the Dallas from the start.

[PVE]
Members
19,795 posts
11,989 battles
11 minutes ago, Wittman73 said:

9 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

The worst part is realizing that if you want the Helena and the Worcester, you pretty much have to grind the entire line despite already owning the Cleveland. 

The Cleveland jumped up in tier, so it came stock. The other line splits were the same.

If you don't have Omaha in port, pick it up and get roughly 36-40k XP on her before patch 7.6 drops around Jun 27th. Then you can get the T6 CL Dallas right away when she drops. You can also earn XP on the T8 CL Cleveland, so that you can get Seattle at the same time.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
1,832 posts
22,996 battles
6 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

So you guys basically either expected or thought it would have been reasonable for them to give you the entire light line just for having the Cleveland?  That seems a little greedy.

I think how they did it was pretty fair. You had nothing in the light cruiser line and now you have a t7, and should have been prepped for the Dallas from the start.

Agree.  And actually you get a "free" tier VIII, not VII, in the light line.  That seems quite fair.

[ARGSY]
Members
17,462 posts
12,122 battles
On 5/30/2018 at 8:19 PM, Kizarvexis said:

If you don't have Omaha in port, pick it up and get roughly 36-40k XP on her before patch 7.6 drops around Jun 27th.

The actual cost was surprisingly high - 43K XP. 

41 minutes ago, MickayRookie said:

15.7km fire range not enough against tier 9 and 10. Burning them it's ok, open field it's over,

She has a spotting aircraft that stretches things out a bit, and she's got a fast enough rate of fire to benefit from it if you can shoot straight.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Members
1,702 posts
10,517 battles

I don't think i  have been in any battle yet in my cleve where i wish i had more range outside of maybe while playing on Ocean.  but its ocean, where most cruisers wish they had more range.  Radar on the cleve is just superior in 95+% of the matches. 

[PVE]
Members
19,795 posts
11,989 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The actual cost was surprisingly high - 43K XP. 

The old Cleveland was 36.5k, so I thought up to 40k would be good. I underestimated.

[ARGSY]
Members
17,462 posts
12,122 battles
24 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The old Cleveland was 36.5k, so I thought up to 40k would be good. I underestimated.

I think we all did, especially with the heavy cruiser (New Pensacola) at 36k! Fortunately I was already up above 41K. I didn't want to take the Omaha out again so soon after playing probably my best game ever in it, so I spoiled myself and spent a little bit of FXP to finish off.

I'll be grinding my Weymouth a little more in case they do something absolutely insane with the British destroyers. And because from time to time, it's good to get back to basics.

• Cool 1