Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
awesomeartichokes

Target Acquisition System Mod 1 - does anyone use this?

7 comments in this topic

[FFG33]
Members
473 posts

I have "Target Acquisition System Mod 1 " that I got randomly as a reward.  Does anyone use this mod on any ship? If so which one? and why didn't you install "Concealment System Mod 1" on that ship.

Same question on "Steering Gears Modification 3" - except that I don't have one of those.

I don't think I have seen a single CC youtube video that recommends anything other than  "Concealment System Mod 1"

[WOLF3]
Members
24,749 posts
21,823 battles

Not me, not anymore.  I did experiment with it for a while on Tirpitz to make up for not having Hydro compared to Bismarck, but the horrible concealment as a consequence was a "no bueno" for me.

You may find SGM3 suggestions on rare occasions, but that's for Cruisers.  I know for sure that Notser loves his Mogami with SGM3 & 2 installed and he happily dropped CSM1 for that.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Clan Supertest Coordinator
1,817 posts
8,644 battles

according to Dev QnA some months ago, yes apparently 50% of players use it.

SGM 3 is useful on some ships like french cruisers

Edited by Treediagram

[FML]
Members
3,596 posts
14,502 battles
25 minutes ago, awesomeartichokes said:

I have "Target Acquisition System Mod 1 " that I got randomly as a reward.  Does anyone use this mod on any ship? If so which one? and why didn't you install "Concealment System Mod 1" on that ship.

Same question on "Steering Gears Modification 3" - except that I don't have one of those.

I don't think I have seen a single CC youtube video that recommends anything other than  "Concealment System Mod 1"

Yes, I use TASM on any ships that out to be spotted the whole battle. Have it mounted on my Tirpitz; always amusing charging some smoke whilst undetected, out spotting a DD (3km vs 2km) and then shoving some torps into him. Good times. 

Edited by UltimateNewbie

Members
1,684 posts
8,027 battles

I had it mounted on my Yamato until you reminded me just now. I installed it while having fantasies of occasionally seeing things quickly enough to either dodge them, or put my guns on them. Just switched to the concealment mod though, since the extra dispersion and slightly improved ability to go dark are more helpful. 

Members
93 posts
6,975 battles

I use target acquisition on my FDG because I figure concealment on a BB with terrible concealment isn't really going to do much, but extra warning about torps and DDs in smoke is always nice, especially with a secondary build.  

For the longest time I had concealment on my Zao, but because my playstyle evolved from engaging at close range and surprising people to just setting everyone on fire at long range and dodging shots, I ended up going for steering gears 3 on the Zao, and I like how it handles a lot more.  But those two are the only ships I have without concealment mod.  I might put target acquisition on the GK when I get it, though.

[FGNE]
Members
792 posts
3,740 battles

I use SGM3 on some of my cruisers, good for kiting

Sign in to follow this