Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wye_So_Serious

If you sent your captains to reserve...

13 comments in this topic

[LUCK]
Members
1,766 posts
27,530 battles

before the patch did they remain as captains for the ship or were they retrained. Specifically, did Cleveland captains automatically become Pensacola captains after the patch even if in reserve?

Beta Testers
100 posts
3,446 battles

Yes, every captain got retrained regardless of where they were located.

[-PVE-]
Members
232 posts
12,527 battles

Sent my Cleveland capt. to man my Texas, yes was trained for Pepsi. Curses, foiled again. 

[LUCK]
Members
1,766 posts
27,530 battles
2 hours ago, Helbent said:

Yes, every captain got retrained regardless of where they were located.

Thanks for the response. The following is not directed at you.

:etc_swear::etc_swear: had 2 :etc_swear: 19 Pt Cleveland captains now on a :etc_swear: Pensacola. Useless as :etc_swear: on a bull. :etc_swear::etc_swear: WG. :etc_swear: off!

EDIT:

To the :etc_swear: who downvoted this: :etc_swear: you.

:etc_swear: sub-standard "compensation" :etc_swear: will cost me doubloons - which I am no longer purchasing, nor premium time, nor premium ships. So that's leaves me with burning my Elite XP - somewhere around 400,000 just to retrain captains on ships I play and already :etc_swear: earned.

:etc_swear: you WG! About done with this :etc_swear: :etc_swear:!

Edited by Wye_So_Serious

[KCB]
Members
88 posts
12,867 battles

I had a 19 pt cap in my CLE and if I want him with the new T8 I have to pay 500 gold to reduce training time, why should I have to pay for this?

Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles

Take your shiny new Pensacola into one coop match, harvest 190K elite XP, and retrain him that way.

WG did good by us with that mission, though I do feel for those folks who had multiple high point captains.

Personally, I used it to make another 19 pt captain, I'll let the dust settle on the USN cruisers before I start running them again.

Matt

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
[CO-OP]
Members
705 posts
20,556 battles
8 minutes ago, Ochosinko said:

I had a 19 pt cap in my CLE and if I want him with the new T8 I have to pay 500 gold to reduce training time, why should I have to pay for this?

You can play one game in the new (tier 6) Pensacola.  This will get you 190K elite commander XP.  You can use this to retrain your 19-pt captain for the Cleveland. 

You may have also received a bunch of credits if you owned multiple USN cruisers (upwards of 31+ million.)  You can use 200K of this to half the retraining time.  Combined with the 190K elite commander XP and you should have a fully re-trained captain for your tier-8 Cleveland.

Edit:  Ninja'd by Mobryan

Edited by HamptonRoads

[NFW]
Members
49 posts
1,109 battles
43 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

You can play one game in the new (tier 6) Pensacola.  This will get you 190K elite commander XP.  You can use this to retrain your 19-pt captain for the Cleveland. 

You may have also received a bunch of credits if you owned multiple USN cruisers (upwards of 31+ million.)  You can use 200K of this to half the retraining time.  Combined with the 190K elite commander XP and you should have a fully re-trained captain for your tier-8 Cleveland.

Edit:  Ninja'd by Mobryan

Co-op or PVP ? I just had a Co-op and not 190K popped for me

EDIT: scratch that , I found it :P

Edited by Algraxa

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,718 posts
22,071 battles
Just now, Algraxa said:

Co-op or PVP ? I just had a Co-op and not 190K popped for me

I played one match with the tier 6 Pensacola in co-op and got the elite xp. It only shows up in the notifications, if you are not paying attention you won't see it. 

[CO-OP]
[CO-OP]
Members
705 posts
20,556 battles

It should work in either.  Check your notifications.  There should be an "addition" award of 190K elite commander XP.

Edit:  Ninja'd again (this time by Taylor3006)

Edited by HamptonRoads

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,485 posts
4,602 battles
1 hour ago, Ochosinko said:

Did you ever consider READING something besides your own scribblings?  This had been discussed exhaustively here and on the WoWS News page.  Pull your head out. 

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,485 posts
4,602 battles
1 hour ago, mobryan said:

, I'll let the dust settle on the USN cruisers before I start running them again.

Hermes Op is a good place to try out your Newest Orleans.   I put MBM2 on mine to crank up the reload speed.  Need to test it. 

[KCB]
Members
88 posts
12,867 battles
10 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Did you ever consider READING something besides your own scribblings?  This had been discussed exhaustively here and on the WoWS News page.  Pull your head out. 

Ya got me.

Sign in to follow this