Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hawkra

Did they mess with the time on fire timer for DD?

20 comments in this topic

Members
14 posts
4,980 battles

bit of a rant.. and im sure im going to get trolls on this..  not unusual...it used to be if you got caught on fire on a dd.. the timer was pretty fast.. unlike a bb which would stay on fire for a long time.. i noticed since the update i stay on fire for longer.. ..

radar..  TOO MUCH! so many cruisers that it was constant radar..  cant do beans as a dd just about..  and its becoming not fun to play the dd anymore. i would suggest they lessen the time of the radar..  make the time between radar longer..   and get rid of radar on certain ships.. the radar was special to certain cruisers..  that has been destroyed..  yes i know i can wait till the newness wears off. not going to  work tho .. people think.. radar=good player.. or easier play..  not always.. but still..  also would be nice instead of making a ton of cruisers in a game per side.. truncate it.. make it 3 cruisers per game.. sort of like clan battles where your only allowed one bb.. 

• Cool 1

Members
14 posts
4,980 battles

troll #1..  i run away all time.. lol..  the problem is when its constante radar from the 6 cruisers..  you cant do much to support your allies

Edited by Hawkra

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,357 posts
6,747 battles
Just now, Hawkra said:

troll #1..  runa way all time.. lol.. 

If you don't "runaway" you die. Running away is all you can do. You are the decoy and if you are lucky, your team will pick the enemy off while the enemy attempts to pick you and only you off.

[DDMAF]
Members
2,557 posts
15,276 battles
1 minute ago, Hawkra said:

troll #1..  runa way all time.. lol.. 

I just looked it up: this is now the 7,000th radar thread (all which contain helpful suggestions to counter radar, BTW) this year. You win a free USN cruiser.

[WOLFA]
Members
753 posts
5,684 battles

Situational awareness is lost on the OP. Learn the ships that have radar/hydro and stay away :Smile_facepalm:

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,357 posts
6,747 battles
Just now, legozer said:

I just looked it up: this is now the 7,000th radar thread (all which contain helpful suggestions to counter radar, BTW) this year. You win a free USN cruiser.

Radar picked it up so the enemy sunk the Cruiser before it could switch crews.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,357 posts
6,747 battles
Just now, CorradoG60 said:

Situational awareness is lost on the OP. Learn the ships that have radar/hydro and stay away :Smile_facepalm:

Get close but not too close. That is what I will try to do. I will attempt to position myself so that I can runaway as fast as possible.

Members
14 posts
4,980 battles

its not easy when the radar ships are spread out..  and yes i know which ones had radar.. every single freaking one of them.. 7 in one game..  that is what i am talking about that is way overkill on cruisers and radar..  yes i know how to run away..  i know how to spot..i know how to be sneaky.... im a shimikaze... i know how to avoid quite a few hits.. but when you cant  avoid radar because there is no spot radar free.. you get hit with he.. and set on fire that wont go out like it used to.. .. well there ya go..  and a DD is not meant to be a ""decoy"" if your in a dd that is a gun boat instead of a torpedo boat..  then your basically .. out of luck.. because you cant spend enouhg time in smoke to fire..  and your torpedos are way to short to do much good unless you get up on them..  now if there were more small islands to hide behind instead of wide open.. yeah we could do it. but those maps are far and few between.. lol..

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,357 posts
6,747 battles

its not easy when the radar ships are spread out..  and yes i know which ones had radar.. every single freaking one of them.. 7 in one game..  that is what i am talking about that is way overkill on cruisers and radar..  yes i know how to run away..  i know how to spot..i know how to be sneaky.... im a shimikaze... i know how to avoid quite a few hits.. but when you cant  avoid radar because there is no spot radar free.. you get hit with he.. and set on fire that wont go out like it used to.. .. well there ya go..  and a DD is not meant to be a ""decoy"" if your in a dd that is a gun boat instead of a torpedo boat..  then your basically .. out of luck.. because you cant spend enouhg time in smoke to fire..  and your torpedos are way to short to do much good unless you get up on them..  now if there were more small islands to hide behind instead of wide open.. yeah we could do it. but those maps are far and few between.. lol..

It's because IJN DDs have good concealment that they are good decoys. Almost everyone will fear torpedoes, more so when you can drop twenty of them at once. Use that to your advantage to make the enemy shoot at you so they don't shoot your allies. Make them light themselves up before your allies are lit up. I don't fear Radar as much as I do I with other non-IJN DDs because they are the real threats to my IJN DDs. Not radar.

Members
14 posts
4,980 battles
1 minute ago, Vangm94 said:

It's because IJN DDs have good concealment that they are good decoys. Almost everyone will fear torpedoes, more so when you can drop twenty of them at once. Use that to your advantage to make the enemy shoot at you so they don't shoot your allies. Make them light themselves up before your allies are lit up. I don't fear Radar as much as I do I with other non-IJN DDs because they are the real threats to my IJN DDs. Not radar.

that is actually really good info .. ty..  what i do might piss some of my team mates off..  because i wont be able to cap as easilly..   i see a change in who is to cap comming u p soon..  used to be they all said dds were the cappers.. had someone yell at me saying what was i doing capping in a bb..  um.. i was there.. dd was not. lol

Members
3,001 posts
564 battles

so wait.... is this a RADAR IS OP THREAD??? 

Or a DD fire timer changed thread... I am totally confused.... and you typed far too many words for me to read after you mentioned you would be trolled so I took it as a rant thread that was pointless.... but still, what kind of thread is it...?
I need to know which MEMES I am going to use...

Edited by neptunes_wrath

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,357 posts
6,747 battles
Just now, Hawkra said:

that is actually really good info .. ty..  what i do might piss some of my team mates off..  because i wont be able to cap as easilly..   i see a change in who is to cap comming u p soon..  used to be they all said dds were the cappers.. had someone yell at me saying what was i doing capping in a bb..  um.. i was there.. dd was not. lol

Ignore them. They may complain but they should not expect much. You can't cap if you are dead. Get close to the cap but do not take the cap. That is part of your stealth. It is up to you to adapt to the changes in the game until they are nerfed or something else happens to them.

I doubt my videos will help you but you can observe how I play: Fubuki, HSF Harekaze, Asashio (in ranked), Shimakaze, and Fletcher.

https://www.youtube.com/user/vangm5

• Cool 1

[SWL]
Members
2 posts
14,500 battles

I agree with Hawkra my suggestion is bring down the active time to 15 seconds active across all radar ships, that way it forces them to use skill to take out the designated target. radar is not the problem. it's the length of time they are active. :).

Members
14 posts
4,980 battles

they verry well might.. ill watch them later tonight  when i have a chance.. 

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,357 posts
6,747 battles

they verry well might.. ill watch them later tonight  when i have a chance.. 

Most of my videos are separated in playlist. I do admit, I may not play like how I talk. No clue, you can judge me later.

[--K--]
Members
6,370 posts
14,028 battles
18 minutes ago, Hawkra said:

Only 7? Noob, I had a game this morning where the only ships that didn't have radar on the enemy team were the Lexington and the lo yang..... 

:Smile_playing:

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 1

[JHF]
Members
372 posts
7,100 battles

What's funny.... the guys that complain in chat, are usually already dead.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,357 posts
6,747 battles
3 minutes ago, Hydra_360ci said:

What's funny.... the guys that complain in chat, are usually already dead.

The guys that complain in battle-chat that are dead and then come to port-chat the complain more. (that includes me but I try to limit my... language and to limit my rant about only that one battle)

Play, rant, forget, repeat

Sign in to follow this