You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
legozer

Thanks for the spotting ribbons

9 comments in this topic

[DDMAF]
Members
2,557 posts
15,296 battles

I like the spotting ribbons.

Cool.

• Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

One of the better changes this patch, for sure. Makes it 900% easier to know if you even got credit for it when doing related missions, too.

[ARGSY]
Members
17,460 posts
12,122 battles

IIRC they do nothing to your XP economy that isn't already there, but they are a helpful reminder when they pop up that you have detected something (one's eyes sometimes notice ribbons before noticing ships on the minimap), and they are nice to have as feedback.

Also, if you have (for instance) an "accumulate X ribbons" task, this can add a few more into the mix.

[DDMAF]
Members
2,557 posts
15,296 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

IIRC they do nothing to your XP economy that isn't already there, but they are a helpful reminder when they pop up that you have detected something (one's eyes sometimes notice ribbons before noticing ships on the minimap), and they are nice to have as feedback.

Also, if you have (for instance) an "accumulate X ribbons" task, this can add a few more into the mix.

They're also a nice way to counter the BBabies who cry that the DDs aren't working as their own, personal spotting devices. "SPOT, FOR [edited] SAKES DD!" "Uh...dude, I already have 8 spotting ribbons..."

• Funny 4

[STW-N]
Members
3,763 posts
8,540 battles

How precisely does spotting affect your xp gain, anyways?

I'm aware that spotting increases your xp, but is there a formula for that type of stuff?

[TDRB]
Members
4,248 posts
12,249 battles

They're also a nice way to counter the BBabies who cry that the DDs aren't working as their own, personal spotting devices.

They're going to cry anyway but I do like the spotting ribbons. I got one on my BB.

[DDMAF]
Members
2,557 posts
15,296 battles
8 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

They're going to cry anyway but I do like the spotting ribbons. I got one on my BB.

I  two from launching my NC fighter plane. I liked that.