Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
capncrunch21

Cleveland - Spotter plane?

4 comments in this topic

[SIMP]
Members
1,411 posts

Noticed the Cleveland has the option to replace its surveillance radar with a Spotter Plane.

However, the spotter is only around for 100 seconds (1.5 minutes), then has a SIX minute cooldown. This seems like a no brainer, reliable radar that sees through smoke and islands and a has a mush shorter cooldown, or a plane that cant see through smoke, can be shot down, and can barely do one circuit of the ship before landing for an enormously long time. I thought all cruiser aircraft had a six minute flight time (but this is the first time I've had a spotter on a cruiser). What gives?

Seems the Cleveland should also have an option for a fighter as well, like most other cruisers. That would be closer to being worth trading the radar in for.

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
1,152 posts
13,705 battles

Spotter does increase your firing range for that 100 seconds. I have tried both. Like the spotter better so far, as I haven't started poking around caps with mine yet, as there are Tier X DD's in there too. Had 921K XP in my old Cleveland, and I used to go into caps without much regret in the past.

[B2P]
Members
568 posts
18,635 battles

The only cruiser planes with a 6 minute flight time are the fighters, which don't aid you with gun range and long distance aiming like the spotter plane does.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
767 posts
5,905 battles

At least Cleve has an option to utilize its catapult.  IIRC they are for looks only on Seattle and Worcester. 

Sign in to follow this