You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Avenge_December_7

Finally Got Iowa!

10 comments in this topic

[STW-N]
Members
3,768 posts
8,540 battles

Thanks to the credit boost from the USN cruiser split, I finally had enough silver to buy Iowa.

While it has taken me a while to get used to the differences between North Carolina and Missouri's playstyles, I'm confident that what I've learned in Missouri will help me with Iowa as well.

Welcome to my port, Iowa!

F3ql7Bv.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 11.44.54 AM.png

• Cool 1

[RNJR]
Members
282 posts
4,885 battles

Congratulations!!!  Iowa is a fantastic girl and will serve you well... just dont show off her broadsides and get punished lol.  

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,148 posts

There are a couple of really good threads on the forum on how to play her. Be sure to check them out and enjoy. Remember too, keep yer eyes on the top of the ladder. 

All the best !

[B2P]
Members
568 posts
18,648 battles

Congrats!  You are correct in that if you have been playing MO well, picking up the Iowa won't be much of a change.  Just don't forget that you won't have any radar for when that red DD smokes up in front of you.  :Smile_teethhappy:

[RLGN]
Members
13,300 posts
23,198 battles

Good job.

Got a huge pile of silver myself...

...not exactly sure from what; duplicated camos and ships, if I understand what’s been said was going to happen with the split...

lol

My poor (now tier 8,) Cleveland looks naked; it hasn’t been out of that green candy cane camo since 2015.

[TBW]
Members
9,550 posts
16,311 battles

Your Avatar makes me think I have to see the Eye doctor. Congratulations, I get to buy a previously researched ship now too. Windfalls are great.

Members
22 posts
1,746 battles

Congratulations .... ALL I WANTED IN THE WoWS world was the Iowa.  I was pretty new when the Missouri came out and if I could have just bought it I would have, but I didn't have 750K worth of exp. to convert even if I did spent the $$$$$$ to do it.  I actually DID wind up buying an Indianapolis to basically help pay for the Iowa.  I needed to split the grind evenly between the Colorado/NC/etc. and the Indianapolis because the Indy made me a lot of credits to pay for the Iowa with.

I love the Iowa, I won't ever sell it.  But I will tell you this.  I never ever played very great in it.  I played pretty good in the NC, and I recently got an Alabama, which I play AWESOMELY in, and finally after long last I got a Montana, (which I transferred my 19pt Iowa CO to the Montana, but did not sell the Montana, just in case I get retrosentimental) ... and the Montana is awesome.

I love the Iowa and believe it to be the finest battleship ever to sail the seas (Well the USS New Jersey specifically :-p ) but I just couldn't make it happen with her very often.    But when she's on, she's a beast.

[PVE]
Members
11,014 posts
20,961 battles

Congratulations. Iowa is a very good and a very fun ship (get that C Hull asap for rudder shift and AA improvements). Montana is a beast so the best is to come.

IF you have Missouri there is zero learning curve for Iowa. Same ship minus the radar (and credit printing press).  Plays the same other than tactics with radar vs spotter.

Again, congrat's and enjoy.