You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Orrin

Now is the best time to play Bismarck

16 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
17,511 posts
12,165 battles

They were always visible to Bismarcks; the only difference now is the number of players taking their shiny new toys out for a spin.

Cleveland now sees everything from T6 to T10. The difference is that Tier 5 ships will have an entire month where they won't see a modern (all-centreline-turret) American tech-tree light cruiser. The trade-off for that is seeing two heavies.

• Cool 1

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,058 posts
4,304 battles

Again, nice salvo on my NC. Still kinda salty:Smile_child:

[TJRD]
Members
817 posts
4,891 battles
14 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Again, nice salvo on my NC. Still kinda salty:Smile_child:

Oh hi! Thanks. :Smile_smile:

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

Just tried Clev out in co-op.  We won but I got my azz handed to me pretty early by BOTS. Pretty ineffectual against those high tier BBs/cruisers etc. What to do? Hide in matches with my Cleveland?  What is gonna happen when I play random?  :Smile_amazed:

Edited by dmckay

Members
2,201 posts
5,008 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They were always visible to Bismarcks; the only difference now is the number of players taking their shiny new toys out for a spin.

Cleveland now sees everything from T6 to T10. The difference is that Tier 5 ships will have an entire month where they won't see a modern (all-centreline-turret) American tech-tree light cruiser. The trade-off for that is seeing two heavies.

The heavies can be very dangerous to Tier 5 cruisers due to their AP shells that have some of the better autobounce angles for cruiser AP. It's not fun facing a Pensacola / New Orleans in an Omaha, Furutaka, Emerald or the Emile. It wasn't fun for those guys in my Tier 7 Pensacola, it won't be fun for them at Tier 6, and it won't be fun for them in my Tier 7 NO.

Members
1,249 posts
7,142 battles
6 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Just tried Clev out in co-op.  We won but I got my azz handed to me pretty early by BOTS. Pretty ineffectual against those high tier BBs/cruisers etc. What to do? Hide in matches with my Cleveland?  What is gonna happen when I play random?  :Smile_amazed:

Do you have IFHE? 

[ARRR]
Members
129 posts
3,579 battles

The new ships will pull all kinds of people who don't know how to play US Cruisers back into the line, and yeah... it's going to be just a massacre until everyone gravitates back to ships that match their play style, or figure out how to glass cannon. I know I'm excited just to play my new ships later! All the soft, juicy, unnecessarily-exposed targets will just be a bonus.

• Cool 1

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
1 hour ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

IFHE is a must in the cruisers with 152 and 155mm guns.

Got it!!  OK!  Checked that out and that is the HE load.  At least that is what it says in ammo for this ship. Played second match in Cleveland today in co-op.  1 kill but still lost money on repairs. I got dead. Can't remember the last time I lost money playing co-op. Geeze. 

Edited by dmckay

[HOT]
[HOT]
Members
562 posts
15,745 battles

WG wows devs always love trolling their players like this. They just made the Bismarck super affordable for new players again and then released a cruiser line. lmbo They did this once before but i cant remember when it was. 

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
1 hour ago, Rocketpacman said:

Do you have IFHE? 

YES!  Checked that out.