Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Kronshtadt - A Tale of 2 Maps

45 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
11,012 posts
20,924 battles

So grabbed Kron this morning with the release of 7.5. Have had 2 games so far and have to say it seems like a deceit overall ship BUT the guns seem to have horrible accuracy and the AP performance is lacking. I expected more from 305MM AP. I "HOPE" this turns out to be a case like I saw with the T9 French BB Alsace. Had an awful time with those guns right at 1st but over time it radically improved and I now love the ship/guns. I hope Kron is the same cause 750K FXP is a lot for a ship with guns that perform like Roma's (ie; SUCK!).

It also seems, here early on anyway, that maps will play into it. My 1st game was on Shatter which I just absolutely despise. IMO it is worst map in all of WOWS. It is also not a good map for BB's and BB's pretending to be CA's like Kron. The Cruiser's all run around inside the islands with their good maneuverability and kill each other and BB's/Kron are just too sluggish maneuvering to safely get in there. The islands block tons of shots so unless there are a lot of BB's who stay out you don't get a lot of chances.  Predictably I did poorly.

2nd game was on Neighbors which is a good combo of open water and islands for a ship like Kron. Did much better in the 2nd game with it. I should have had at least 3 more kills but those trolly guns (ie; dispersion and pen damage) just were a big issue.

So, I think this ship will really come down to the map it is on as to how good you can expect to do most games. JMO. 

Game 1:

jpoFnP6.jpg

Yxx2Dul.jpg

tMU4efQ.jpg

Game 2:

MWweF5X.jpg

dp3jStC.jpg

6nEg3BI.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles

Exactly the same as me, I found getting handle on a guns is what made a difference for me.

Definitely thinking of her as a cruiser helps me to do well in her I think.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,808 posts
7,925 battles

The problem with 305mm AP rounds are its lack of sheer shell caliber that cannot overmatch a majority of cruisers. You need almost a perfect broadside to get them working.

[PVE]
Members
11,012 posts
20,924 battles
28 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Looks like a fun Ship AT.

Fun but also frustrating. Just had  a 104K damage game so figuring it out. But just 1 kill again. Hard to get that big salvo strike you expect when you fire (again just like Roma).

26 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Exactly the same as me, I found getting handle on a guns is what made a difference for me.

Definitely thinking of her as a cruiser helps me to do well in her I think.

Oh I play it like a Cruiser but I guess I just expected more from the guns is all.

25 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

The problem with 305mm AP rounds are its lack of sheer shell caliber that cannot overmatch a majority of cruisers. You need almost a perfect broadside to get them working.

Seems like even with that perfect broadside I get disappointing returns (look at the number of overpens above). I would rather use Buffalo's smaller 203MM's. Man that thing is a freaking beast.

As I have said, Kronshtadt's guns feel like Roma's to me. Feels exactly like Roma's guns are on it. :Smile_amazed:

Was hoping I could mainly AP with it but looks like I am going to have to try that HE. You know how I feel about spamming HE (from anything! LOL) :Smile_sceptic::Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,808 posts
7,925 battles
12 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Was hoping I could mainly AP with it but looks like I am going to have to try that HE. You know how I feel about spamming HE (from anything! LOL) :Smile_sceptic::Smile_teethhappy:

3e1.png

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
16 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Oh I play it like a Cruiser but I guess I just expected more from the guns is all.

Huh.

The guns perform well for me, I find the HE to be disappointing but the AP performance to be great if you can get em to work.

[PVE]
Members
11,012 posts
20,924 battles
3 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Huh.

The guns perform well for me, I find the HE to be disappointing but the AP performance to be great if you can get em to work.

I find the dispersion horrendous so far and the AP very lackluster. Mostly overpens and shatters and bounces.  So far anyway...time will tell.

Just tried HE for the 1st time and not a great fire starter.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
19 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I find the dispersion horrendous so far and the AP very lackluster. Mostly overpens and shatters and bounces.  So far anyway...time will tell.

I found the dispersion awful for my first 2 games, after that I think my lead got better and the dispersion improved dramatically.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,808 posts
7,925 battles
28 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Such a dilemma ain't it? You got AP shells that can't punish cruisers the same way as BBs and HE that can't start fires too well and has a reload comparable to BBs. It takes a bit more skill involved to make this ship work wonders.

[PVE]
Members
11,012 posts
20,924 battles
52 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Such a dilemma ain't it? You got AP shells that can't punish cruisers the same way as BBs and HE that can't start fires too well and has a reload comparable to BBs. It takes a bit more skill involved to make this ship work wonders.

Guess I am screwed

[PVE]
Members
11,012 posts
20,924 battles
1 hour ago, Akeno017 said:

I found the dispersion awful for my first 2 games, after that I think my lead got better and the dispersion improved dramatically.

That is what happened to me in Alsace. Took a while and all of a sudden it clicked. Hoping for the same here.

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

That is what happened to me in Alsace. Took a while and all of a sudden it clicked. Hoping for the same here.

I just citted Kurfurst in Kron. I have nothing more to say for this ship now but bias.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,808 posts
7,925 battles
8 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yea I'm sure the Kronshtadt demands a certain play style that can only be discovered by playing it over and over again.

[PVE]
Members
11,012 posts
20,924 battles
22 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

I just citted Kurfurst in Kron. I have nothing more to say for this ship now but bias.

Let me guess it was angled slightly at you and you hit it just in front of the front most turret?

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Let me guess it was angled slightly at you and you hit it just in front of the front most turret?

Actually it was aft on, full hard to starboard turning before it disappeared into the abyss. The ribbons came up too late to really be able to tell where it hit, presumably the waterline near the after turrets?

[PVE]
Members
11,012 posts
20,924 battles
23 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Actually it was aft on, full hard to starboard turning before it disappeared into the abyss. The ribbons came up too late to really be able to tell where it hit, presumably the waterline near the after turrets?

When I get GK it is as I described. Maybe you plunged through the deck or went in through one of the barbets? I had a dang Minotaur cit me through a barbet in Montana once. :Smile_facepalm::Smile_sceptic::Smile_amazed::Smile_teethhappy:

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
29 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

When I get GK it is as I described. Maybe you plunged through the deck or went in through one of the barbets? I had a dang Minotaur cit me through a barbet in Montana once. :Smile_facepalm::Smile_sceptic::Smile_amazed::Smile_teethhappy:

No idea, I once cit a gnes at 2metres in kutusov, the game can sure get funky at times eh.

[-BSK-]
Members
455 posts
16,939 battles

I remember the first time I landed a citadel hit on the GK, I almost peed my pants with overflowing surprise and joy........................now...............not so much

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,719 posts
14,417 battles
8 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So grabbed Kron this morning with the release of 7.5

:cap_wander:

Meh, I am still 250 k from 750k needed for the Kron, don't have Roma but Gulio Ceasar is a beast in my port. She is 3rd highest in capt skills base on nations in my port screen :Smile_izmena: and a 2nd option "go to" ship when it come to Missions, waifu is EB

Completed IJN (19 pts Yamamoto), nearly done with the German/USN (17/my fav Mo17) respectively

[THREE]
Members
2,274 posts
12,210 battles
13 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Hey

I too have not found this to be a very good ship in randoms.  The guns are garbage unless your within near suicide range before the AP works, and forget it on cruisers, nothing but misses or overpens.  The 31sec. reload sucks bad considering how crappy the guns behave.  Turrets are kind of slow and the HE is very meh.  While you have 71K HP which sounds great but you lose a LOT of HP damage and even the decent gun range bites you because of the dispersion which is like German BB bad.  It's just NOT worth the 750K free XP that it cost to get it.  Use the 750K XP on something else IMHO.

Pete

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,808 posts
7,925 battles
9 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I too got a cit on a Kurfurst showing broadside in my Kronshtadt at around 12km away......I don't remember the last time I got a cit on a Kurfurst.

[VW]
Members
3,804 posts
18,433 battles
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

I too got a cit on a Kurfurst showing broadside in my Kronshtadt at around 12km away......I don't remember the last time I got a cit on a Kurfurst.

Where were you aiming?

Sign in to follow this