You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
wtfovr

PSA Don't forget to remount all of your upgrades, consumables, and permanent camos

15 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
775 posts
5,132 battles

Eager to jump into battle to see all the new ships...  Clicked battle and got into a 9 Pensacolas vs 9 Pensacolas with 4 other battleships and 2 destroyers.

Totally forgot to mount upgrades, consumables and camo and switch out the scout plane for radar (for the higher tier CAs).

• Cool 3

[-K-]
Members
7,901 posts
13,067 battles

Not gonna lie....9v9 Pensacolas would probably be a pretty fun battle.  Citadels everywhere!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,851 posts
13,603 battles

Been there done that particularly after a global skill reset. Also don't forget about your permanent camo's, they will be there but not mounted.

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

Since @iDuckman had it right while many of us (including me) were wrong, and the only port slot I gained was with the new Cleveland, I'm also taking note of the fact that port slots remain on sale through Thursday.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,493 posts
4,602 battles

Heck, even I thought I was wrong after this line:

Principles of Ship Replacement

The general principle is "players will not lose anything".

• blah

• The replacement ship will be added to the player's account together with a ship slot (if the replaced ship has been purchased) or blah

Unfortunately, no.  No slots.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
17,488 posts
12,140 battles
13 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

The replacement ship will be added to the player's account together with a ship slot

This is because humans are thinking in terms of the ships being moved up and across (Cleveland) or down (the rest), while the server is "thinking" in terms of deleting ships and their slots then granting new ships in their place (each with a slot). But because duplicates are granted in silver and never appear in port, no slots are required to be generated for them.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,493 posts
4,602 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

while the server is "thinking" in terms of

I thinking the server is writing the announcements.  The ambiguity is egregious.  WG should hire someone that has actually done tech writing (in Engrish) for a living.

[ARGSY]
Members
17,488 posts
12,140 battles
34 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

9v9 Pensacolas would probably be a pretty fun battle.  Citadels everywhere!

Eggshells duelling with hammers!

[WOLF6]
Members
775 posts
5,132 battles

I threw in a 10 point commander on the New Orleans last night and just did a free retrain to make him a New Orleans captain.  Today he is a Baltimore captain, but was quite unhappy to see he still needed 25,000 XP to get fully retrained for the Baltimore this morning.

[ARGSY]
Members
17,488 posts
12,140 battles
3 minutes ago, wtfovr said:

Today he is a Baltimore captain, but was quite unhappy to see he still needed 25,000 XP to get fully retrained for the Baltimore this morning.

Was he completely retrained on the NO? Because if he wasn't, there's nothing that should have led you to expect him to be fully retrained for the Baltimore. The split converted captains who were fully trained on their ships, and that's all it ever promised to do.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,789 posts
41,011 battles

I guess WG got tired of giving away free port slots.  The previous IJN and RU DD splits did give port slots for duplicated ships.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,387 posts
19,504 battles
2 hours ago, wtfovr said:

Eager to jump into battle to see all the new ships...  Clicked battle and got into a 9 Pensacolas vs 9 Pensacolas with 4 other battleships and 2 destroyers.

Totally forgot to mount upgrades, consumables and camo and switch out the scout plane for radar (for the higher tier CAs).

Thanks for the PSA! I remembered that part but I forgot to UNCHECK the "Enable Resupply with in-game Currency" box on the stupid flags! I feel WG owes me 8 dubs for resetting me but I don't expect to see it.

WG, please stop changing my port settings! Please!!

[7-TH]
Members
83 posts
4,304 battles

Yah, I was careful about setting the heavies back up. Then I spent every remaining dime paying for Nagato and York. Then realized I forgot the upgrades for Cleveland, DOH! So I must grind a little cash to fix Cleveland.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,493 posts
4,602 battles
On 5/30/2018 at 9:33 AM, Lillehuntrix said:

Since @iDuckman had it right while many of us (including me) were wrong, and the only port slot I gained was with the new Cleveland, I'm also taking note of the fact that port slots remain on sale through Thursday.

Well!  WG has apologized and decided to give us port slots after all. 

World of Warships development team would like to apologize for the ambiguous wording in the 0.7.5 patch note, as it may have caused some confusion regarding the bonus slots invoiced for replaced USN cruisers. We will soon add 1 to 3 slots for the players who had different combinations of said ships in their ports. So if you had pairs like Cleveland+Pensacola, Pensacola+New Orleans or New Orleans+Baltimore, you would receive 1 additional slot for any such combo.

I should be getting three.

I'm not sure exactly where the screw up was, but I'm impressed at how WG is doing their best to make it right.

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles
5 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Well!  WG has apologized and decided to give us port slots after all. 

World of Warships development team would like to apologize for the ambiguous wording in the 0.7.5 patch note, as it may have caused some confusion regarding the bonus slots invoiced for replaced USN cruisers. We will soon add 1 to 3 slots for the players who had different combinations of said ships in their ports. So if you had pairs like Cleveland+Pensacola, Pensacola+New Orleans or New Orleans+Baltimore, you would receive 1 additional slot for any such combo.

I should be getting three.

I'm not sure exactly where the screw up was, but I'm impressed at how WG is doing their best to make it right.

Yes, agreed, this is very nice of WG - while I read the ambiguity in the pre-patch notes to suggest we would get multiple slots, "I didn't get quite as many bennies as I thought I would" was never a fair basis for complaint. 

I did pick up a couple of port slots during the doubloon sale earlier in the week, so I should end up with something like seven, but it is not like I won't use them eventually.