You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheKrimzonDemon

Cruisers cross dressing as BBs

25 comments in this topic

[O-PN]
[O-PN]
Members
9,110 posts
10,486 battles

So, the number of cruiser in the game with an identity crisis is mounting.

T3-St Louis, BB with 6 inch guns.

T9-Kronnie, BB with 12 inch guns, heck, the thing even looks like a BB.(Alaska when plz, WeeGee?) (For that matter, when RN BC's plz, WeeGee?)(Aside from Hood, I mean.)(Since I'm asking, toss in those old German BC's, too, amirite?)(Oh, and toss in the Dutch Navy, because @Lert needs new toys.)(Oh, and last thing, Haida like, tomorrow. Do you actually have any idea how many Canadians play this game? Seriously, do you?)(Spoiler: IT'S A LOT. LIKE, BIG LOTS.)(No, I'm not Canadian.)(I may be suffering from a severe lack of sleep. As in, zero sleep, I apologize for this post.)

T10-Moskva, Hindenburg, may have smaller guns than Kronnie, and bigger guns than St Louis, but, seriously, ask them if they care(Spoiler: They don't.)

I mean, the BB population may need controlling, but replacing them with cruisers that might as well be battleships isn't gonna solve that problem. xD Anyone else got a cruiser they consider a BB? :D

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[KSE]
[KSE]
Privateers
345 posts
11,794 battles

Still think we have more cruisers that are dressed up as DDs. Atlanta, French T 4 & 5, most of the RN line...

[O-PN]
[O-PN]
Members
9,110 posts
10,486 battles
4 minutes ago, TheBigM145 said:

Still think we have more cruisers that are dressed up as DDs. Atlanta, French T 4 & 5, most of the RN line...

The ATL, Minnie, Danae, and possibly Neptune, yeah, I can see that, the RoF is high, especially with Minnie and ATL, I really wouldn't say that about the French T4 and 5 cruisers, though, the RoF is just too low.

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
16 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I mean, the BB population may need controlling

What, are we in Soviet Russia or something? People play BBs because they want to. Is anybody really surprise that in a game dominated by gun-armed surface combatants, Battleships - the best gun armed ships of their time - would be the most popular class? Don’t force people to play a class they don’t like just because you think their are to many.

• Cool 2

[O-PN]
[O-PN]
Members
9,110 posts
10,486 battles
Just now, SavageTactical said:

What, are we in Soviet Russia or something? People play BBs because they want to. Is anybody really surprise that in a game dominated by gun-armed surface combatants, Battleships - the best gun armed ships of their time - would be the most popular class? Don’t force people to play a class they don’t like just because you think their are to many.

Hey there, friend, WG said themselves that BB's were being overplayed, not me, WG. How about you go yell at them about it, and not at me, hm?

[LUCK]
Members
1,769 posts
27,558 battles
Just now, SavageTactical said:

Battleships - the best gun armed ships of their time - would be the most popular class? Don’t force people to play a class they don’t like just because you think their are to many.

That's why the CV rework is necessary to relegate them to the ash heap of naval history where they belong. Aside from incredibly supportive shore bombardment and AA platforms, useless other than being a big dog on the porch; except in this game- but this isn't reality.

Yeah, hope it tweaks all you BB fanboys.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
7,901 posts
13,067 battles

The sheer amount of brackets in the OP makes my eyes hurt.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles

Kronshtadt so far plays more like a fat cruiser then a battleship really.

You try and play like a BB in Kronshtadt and your HP is shaved off like no mans business.

[O-PN]
[O-PN]
Members
9,110 posts
10,486 battles
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

The sheer amount of brackets in the OP makes my eyes hurt.

My brain is mush. I may or may not have addressed that up there. :P

[O-PN]
[O-PN]
Members
9,110 posts
10,486 battles
4 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

You try and play like a BB in Kronshtadt and your HP is shaved off like no mans business.

Stop ruining my dreams. :(

[ARGSY]
Members
17,488 posts
12,140 battles
18 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

to relegate them to the ash heap of naval history where they belong.

For most of their active history (the Iowas excluded), battleships could fight in weather in which aircraft carriers could not safely operate their air groups.

Please bear in mind that the last battleship vs. battleship surface gun engagement was fought in 1944, close to the end of the period covered in this game. Your disdain for battleships lacks perspective.

• Cool 1

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
9 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Stop ruining my dreams. :(

Oh she has it where it counts. Gunnery performance is a weird mix of Alabama and Scharnhorst.

She just doest tank, im learning this pretty quickly that the best armor is not being hit so far.

[BEARS]
Members
256 posts
11,507 battles
33 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

I was hoping WOWs was more sandboxy so I could play a fleet oiler like how i played a politician in SWG.

[MWM]
Supertester
1,816 posts
5,988 battles

please go play a cruiser like a bb regardless of what its packing.... report back how well that works.

[LUCK]
Members
1,769 posts
27,558 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

For most of their active history (the Iowas excluded), battleships could fight in weather in which aircraft carriers could not safely operate their air groups.

Please bear in mind that the last battleship vs. battleship surface gun engagement was fought in 1944, close to the end of the period covered in this game. Your disdain for battleships lacks perspective.

Don't start with the battleship nostalgia. Look what happened to most of them that be ventured into combat; all the Axis BBs were toast- inconsequential for the most part. Usually at the hands of CVs.

Really good at bringing home ground troops they admirably supported. Good platforms for launching cruise missiles in their second lives.

I have no disdain for REAL battleships and those that served on them. I reserve that for the countless number of boneheaded BB drivers in this game.

[--K--]
Members
5,327 posts
16,602 battles

The Scharnhorst is listed as a Battleships but thinks its a Cruiser and it can land more torpedo hits than some Destroyers. 

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
22 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

That checks, faced one with my Alsace when it was in testing. We were bow tanking each other at about ~11km. He was holding his own, but I was wearing him down faster. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,031 posts
17,578 battles
3 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

That checks, faced one with my Alsace when it was in testing. We were bow tanking each other at about ~11km. He was holding his own, but I was wearing him down faster. 

Kronshtadt has 25mm bow armor, just shoot straight through it. Easy kill.

[O-PN]
[O-PN]
Members
9,110 posts
10,486 battles
11 minutes ago, Skraeling said:

please go play a cruiser like a bb regardless of what its packing.... report back how well that works.

I do. Frequently. It's obviously working well enough for me to keep doing it.

[O-PN]
[O-PN]
Members
9,110 posts
10,486 battles
9 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

The Scharnhorst is listed as a Battleships but thinks its a Cruiser and it can land more torpedo hits than some Destroyers. 

You know, that's an excellent point.

[MWM]
Supertester
1,816 posts
5,988 battles
12 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

battle cruiser so... yeah?

[--K--]
Members
5,327 posts
16,602 battles

Don't forget the Udaloi, Tashkent and Khabarovsk are listed as Destroyers but everyone knows they are small cruisers.

Lots of ship is WoWs have identity issues. 

[CNM88]
Members
548 posts
2,713 battles
1 hour ago, TheBigM145 said:

You mean all of the RN line. Probably the best cruisers to do DD work too should it be necessary.

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
56 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Hey there, friend, WG said themselves that BB's were being overplayed, not me, WG. How about you go yell at them about it, and not at me, hm?

Roger, I did come off a little harsh, but I’m a tire of people complaining about BB population.  I to would like to see more cruisers in matches (when I play BBs and cruisers), but I don’t want to force people to play something they don’t want. 

[KSE]
[KSE]
Privateers
345 posts
11,794 battles
2 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

The ATL, Minnie, Danae, and possibly Neptune, yeah, I can see that, the RoF is high, especially with Minnie and ATL, I really wouldn't say that about the French T4 and 5 cruisers, though, the RoF is just too low.

Yes,  but D-T has amongst the best Torps in the tier and they're both armored like DDs.....