Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WhiteTulip

What IJN DD gives you the most trouble?

14 comments in this topic

Members
627 posts
8,271 battles

For me, it's the Hatsuharu. I still use her for captain training, so the skipper is usually an 8 or 9 pointer.

My torpedo hit rate is half the other IJN DDs in my port. The gun hit rate is about average with everything else.

I really like this particular boat - it's actually the one that finally inspired me to stop playing for simple stress relief and try to play a winning game - inspired me to learn my trade as an IJN DD driver, so to speak. So she has a special place in my heart and my port. But I can only manage about 40% win rate and I'm 13 games under .500 with her.

I'm just curious what other folks struggle with on the IJN DD line.

[-K-]
Members
7,901 posts
13,067 battles

Mutsuki, the lifeless pig she is.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,092 posts
11,587 battles

The new, nerfed Isokaze. Just can't get a handle on her. It's too much drop off from the pre-nerf one and I may never get used to. Same for the nerfed (again and again) Minekaze.

[H_]
Members
744 posts
11,516 battles

Yugumo  POS that it is.. well at least to me.  The Kagero was bad and a struggle, everyone said Yugumo will be better, It's OP it's great it's NOT.  For some reason I could not figure that boat out.  I got so frustrated I sold it last night.. 

Maybe it's just the high tier Meta and I don't get it or maybe I just suck as a player but I could never get that boat and my play style to come together nor could I figure out where it shined.. 

Might be all high tier DD play, not sure yet, but I do ok in the Fletcher and ok in the Z-46..  Working on the Kiev also which is fun and a challenge.

I may go back to the Minekaze and work up to the Akizuki and stop there...

Members
729 posts
9,279 battles
5 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Ah that.... THING.  Probably my most hated DD until T-22.

You can love them when there red.

The only DD's I actively go after in the Kamikaze.

Edited by Capt_Mexib

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles
12 hours ago, S16_Hunter said:

Yugumo  POS that it is.. well at least to me.  The Kagero was bad and a struggle, everyone said Yugumo will be better, It's OP it's great it's NOT.  For some reason I could not figure that boat out.  I got so frustrated I sold it last night.. 

Maybe it's just the high tier Meta and I don't get it or maybe I just suck as a player but I could never get that boat and my play style to come together nor could I figure out where it shined.. 

Yugumo and Kagero both work great with TRB. Arguably, their torp DPM is balanced on actually using TRB. 

Personally, I can't seem to get Akizuki to work for me. All others are fine, but that said I'd never actually played Mut-sucky-sucky, because I sort of jumped past it when line split happened.

[-K-]
Members
7,901 posts
13,067 battles
22 hours ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Ah that.... THING.  Probably my most hated DD until T-22.

Awww, c'mon......I thought everybody loved the fishing boat.

[-K-]
Members
7,901 posts
13,067 battles
14 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

It gave me crabs.

I see what you did there. :Smile_glasses:

[SYN]
Members
1,144 posts
9,651 battles
On 5/30/2018 at 11:16 AM, S16_Hunter said:

I may go back to the Minekaze and work up to the Akizuki and stop there...

I started that grind. The Minekaze, so far, is cra cra. It seems like few in the limited battles that I have had, expect torpedoes from "nowhere." 

Well, let me introduce you to my little friends. :cap_haloween:

Edited by Ensign_Pulver_2016

[R-F2]
Members
352 posts
8,578 battles

While in truth my answer is Mutsuki, I would also like to say Shimakaze. I vastly outperform it in Yugumo. I feel like Shima handles like a fat pig, the torp reload is downright glacial, and overall I just feel like I can do less in it than Yugumo. I realize that's not typical and Shima can do much better than I can seem to get out of her but, I dunno, just hasn't clicked yet.

WoWS Community Contributors
3,326 posts
13,101 battles
On 6/1/2018 at 2:51 PM, tenfingerstentoes said:

While in truth my answer is Mutsuki, I would also like to say Shimakaze. I vastly outperform it in Yugumo. I feel like Shima handles like a fat pig, the torp reload is downright glacial, and overall I just feel like I can do less in it than Yugumo. I realize that's not typical and Shima can do much better than I can seem to get out of her but, I dunno, just hasn't clicked yet.

Prior to the concealment buff Shima was weaker than Yugumo.

Keep at it.  Shima is strong right now with 5.6km concealment.

Sign in to follow this