Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DarknessxRisenx

Replays and other recording software

4 comments in this topic

Members
25 posts
1,529 battles

Hey everyone. I just wanted to put up a topic for people to read who are new to the game or don't have an idea about how to record their gameplay effectively. There are multiple options that you can use that are fairly user friendly and easy to get a hold of. 
I've seen quite a few people express that they wished they could replay a game but until they went on the forum and were told about the replay feature they were in the dark. So heres a quick list of what i know you can use to easily record your gameplay for later.

BTW i also today just learned of the modpack replay feature which is the reason i made this article. i'll still use streamlabs but anyways...

1.https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/articles/128/ This first one is the "Official" way to record gameplay as it is a mod that does this for you through one of the official modpacks available. I also believe Aslains modpack has this feature in it but due to just updating my game i have to wait till new modpack update to check.

2. https://streamlabs.com/ Streamlabs OBS is great software for those who stream or want to record videos to use to edit for videos later on. Very user friendly with a decent tutorial of how to use the program itself. It's as easy as choosing the game your playing setting the record location and hitting the record button. However, unlike the mod pack replay this records everything so you'll have to clip individual games yourself. 

3. GeForce. Now for this one you need to have an actual Nvidia GFX card to use. It's fairly easy to use and like streamlabs you can stream direct to multiple channels if that's your thing or just simply record the videos for later use.

4. Windows Gaming. For those who haven't seen it yet or updated their computer, Windows has released a new software on Windows 10 computers that allows you to turn on recording for the game with a simple hotkey of the Windows key and G. It introduced a new gaming mode also. However, i have not noticed an increase in game playablity with this on however i also get 60-80fps with the Ultra client on the highest graphics so that may be why. Haven't tested on other games yet.

If you have any more ideas or options feel free to let me know and i'll add them in!

[NDA]
Supertester
3,515 posts
7,418 battles

Geforce is pretty easy to use, from my experience, also you can change the key commands to your liking. 

• Cool 1

Members
25 posts
1,529 battles
1 minute ago, Sinboto said:

Geforce is pretty easy to use, from my experience, also you can change the key commands to your liking. 

yeah i've thought about using it but i also have a laptop since i'm a full time student and it seems to lower my FPS by a good 10% when i last used it. That was a bit ago so i might try it again

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,190 posts
12,331 battles
16 minutes ago, DarknessxRisenx said:

Hey everyone. I just wanted to put up a topic for people to read who are new to the game or don't have an idea about how to record their gameplay effectively. There are multiple options that you can use that are fairly user friendly and easy to get a hold of. 
I've seen quite a few people express that they wished they could replay a game but until they went on the forum and were told about the replay feature they were in the dark. So heres a quick list of what i know you can use to easily record your gameplay for later.

BTW i also today just learned of the modpack replay feature which is the reason i made this article. i'll still use streamlabs but anyways...

1.https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/articles/128/ This first one is the "Official" way to record gameplay as it is a mod that does this for you through one of the official modpacks available. I also believe Aslains modpack has this feature in it but due to just updating my game i have to wait till new modpack update to check.

2. https://streamlabs.com/ Streamlabs OBS is great software for those who stream or want to record videos to use to edit for videos later on. Very user friendly with a decent tutorial of how to use the program itself. It's as easy as choosing the game your playing setting the record location and hitting the record button. However, unlike the mod pack replay this records everything so you'll have to clip individual games yourself. 

3. GeForce. Now for this one you need to have an actual Nvidia GFX card to use. It's fairly easy to use and like streamlabs you can stream direct to multiple channels if that's your thing or just simply record the videos for later use.

4. Windows Gaming. For those who haven't seen it yet or updated their computer, Windows has released a new software on Windows 10 computers that allows you to turn on recording for the game with a simple hotkey of the Windows key and G. It introduced a new gaming mode also. However, i have not noticed an increase in game playablity with this on however i also get 60-80fps with the Ultra client on the highest graphics so that may be why. Haven't tested on other games yet.

If you have any more ideas or options feel free to let me know and i'll add them in!

I used the method of adding two lines to the Preference file and it has worked just fine .

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this