You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

What ships will we see flooding MM early on?

40 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
11,012 posts
20,924 battles

So what is going to be the big "I have to play it" ship here early on with the update? IMO we will see a wave of T6 Pensacola right off as people play their 1 game to earn the 190K Capt XP. I suspect after that it will be pretty even between T8 Cleveland and T9 Buffalo. People trying out NO and Baltimore at their new tiers will be a bit behind that. I think it is safe to say there will be a LOT of US Cruisers flooding MM in the coming days. LOL

I am not a huge Cleveland fan and think the move to T8 makes it worse so for me the Buffalo is the big one I want to try. I will be more interested in NO and Baltimore too. Also, got to see this new "beast" and "terror" at T6 in the Pepsi the experts keep telling us about (:Smile_facepalm:). I will try Cleveland just to see but probably not going to be a big fav of mine.

I definitely will be playing a lot of BB as well as there will be a LOT of juicy targets for sure LOL.

Thoughts...?

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[REVY]
Members
6,435 posts
5,168 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

So what is going to be the big "I have to play it" ship here early on with the update? IMO we will see a wave of T6 Pensacola right off as people play their 1 game to earn the 190K Capt XP. I suspect after that it will be pretty even between T8 Cleveland and T9 Buffalo. People trying out NO and Baltimore at their new tiers will be a bit behind that. I think it is safe to say there will be a LOT of US Cruisers flooding MM in the coming days. LOL

I am not a huge Cleveland fan and think the move to T8 makes it worse so for me the Buffalo is the big one I want to try. I will be more interested in NO and Baltimore too. Also, got to see this new "beast" and "terror" at T6 in the Pepsi the experts keep telling us about (:Smile_facepalm:). I will try Cleveland just to see but probably not going to be a big fav of mine.

I definitely will be playing a lot of BB as well as there will be a LOT of juicy targets for sure LOL.

Thoughts...?

Good day to be a Lyon's captain.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,547 posts
33,575 battles

USN CA new line and Kronshtadt.

Edited by alexf24

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,547 posts
33,575 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I hadn't heard Kronstadt was in 7.5?

"With the release of Update 0.7.5, the Soviet Tier IX cruiser Kronshtadt will be available for purchase in the game client for 750,000 Free XP."

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/american-cruisers/

[TDRB]
Members
4,255 posts
12,266 battles

Good day to be a Lyon's captain.

Lyon captains mouths are watering from thinking about the day the new light cruisers to go live.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,547 posts
33,575 battles
Just now, Captain_Slattery said:

I will probably Dallas as soon as I can.  I just like the CL's.

Not until 0.7.6

The only USN CL released in 0.7.5  is Cleveland. The rest are CAs.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,519 posts
7,422 battles

Lots of clevelands, I'm guessing omaha too from what I saw yesterday. 

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
1,338 posts

Pensacola - seems far fetched, but you must play one match in it to get the 190,000 CO experience.

Other than that, agree with Buffalo being the number one.

[WOLF3]
Members
1,951 posts
7,085 battles
3 hours ago, alexf24 said:

Not until 0.7.6

The only USN CL released in 0.7.5  is Cleveland. The rest are CAs.

Well crap. :cap_hmm:

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,716 posts
14,417 battles

Kronstad for sure!

She is out and available

[ARGSY]
Members
17,511 posts
12,165 battles
1 minute ago, Sinboto said:

I'm guessing omaha too from what I saw yesterday. 

Don't tell me there were people grinding through the Omaha in a day thinking they would get the Dallas the next morning? :Smile_facepalm:

Or are they the people who panicked when they realised this was their last chance to get the Cleveland? :Smile_teethhappy:

Then again, with the "Say Hello to Summer" thing coming to an end tomorrow, it was a good opportunity to pile that little extra XP on their Omahas for 0.7.6; I can hardly blame them.

[SYJ]
Members
124 posts
10,664 battles
2 minutes ago, 1dennistt said:

I'm thinking my Bayern and ShinnyHorse may be making the rounds.

To get burned to the waterline by masses of Cleveland's?

[INTEL]
Members
1,639 posts
14,054 battles

Kronstadt is the only one im really interested in.

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,716 posts
14,417 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Omaha in a day thinking they would get the Dallas the next morning?

that would be 7.6, so still have time to grind and stock up 35 - 45k of XP .......

[PVE]
Members
11,012 posts
20,924 battles

I hadn't realized Kronstadt was being released too. I know the price was set and all but thought it was still a ways off. It makes me wonder about it as there is so little fanfare on this from WG. I mean it is the next 750K FXP ship, which should be a huge deal, and it is coming in rather silently along with the much anticipated US Cruiser split (part 1 anyway). Musashi coming in was highly publicized and was a big deal, and not just because MO was leaving, but the arrival of Kronstadt is kind of being kept low key. Why? Hope it isn't a big old Russian turd. :Smile_sad:

[PVE]
Members
11,012 posts
20,924 battles
3 minutes ago, gatorken said:

To get burned to the waterline by masses of Cleveland's?

Only if the Cleveland's can actually get in range to hit them.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,721 posts
22,075 battles

I would guess the new ships of course, but lots of tier 8's since the new campaign is starting as well.

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
583 posts
5,844 battles

For me, I finally got off my butt and got Cleveland yesterday.  So, I'll probably be alternating between new Pepsi and Cleve for a while.

[ARGSY]
Members
17,511 posts
12,165 battles

There's a part of me that wants to take my new Cleveland naked into Ranked, to prove a point.

On the other hand, I had a good run last night, getting my first star at Rank 14, and because that's not an irrevocable rank I really don't want to screw it up by taking a stock ship with a less-than-optimal captain. It wouldn't be fair on the other six guys.

Then again... I want to see if it's possible to assemble a ranked side that is ALL CLEVELAND. Or won't the MM let that happen?