You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SuperbCat

British Destroyers

17 comments in this topic

[DD12]
Members
4 posts
4,961 battles

Just wondering why there are no british flag Destroyers apart from Vampire. Vamp can only be got as a reward and I for one would like to have the chance to go through the British DD line

[INTEL]
Members
7,022 posts
28,522 battles

Line will come sometime in the future. Have patience.

In the meantime, HMS Cossack is coming, and HMS Gallant (H59) is in game.

Although not a true RN DD, HMS Campbeltown is also in game.

Edited by alexf24

[SQUAD]
Members
7,920 posts
8,324 battles

Gallant will be available again at some point. Vampire was sold as well as earned, I'm sure it'll be back as well. Patience, grasshopper.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,334 posts
6,273 battles

British DDs would be pretty cool, lots of different classes in the RN.

[AXANR]
Members
3,380 posts
17,460 battles
1 hour ago, SuperbCat said:

Just wondering why there are no british flag Destroyers apart from Vampire. Vamp can only be got as a reward and I for one would like to have the chance to go through the British DD line

Soon. Most people expect it to be the next DD line to be added (that or French.) 

I'd expect to see the next line either be British DDs, French DDs, or Italian cruisers, and if Italian cruisers is next line, Brit or French DDs thereafter. So either August or December. 

Members
434 posts
948 battles

I am long expecting them and collected almost the Britain built available (Vampire, Gallant, Bliskawika, and Pan Asian Tier III and V) and pushing for the Tier VII Gadja Magda.

Waiting for Cossack/Haida to finally arrive.

[SYN]
Members
3,334 posts
15,825 battles

We need a new DD line so the BB's will have something to complain about

Edited by Camo68

[DD12]
Members
4 posts
4,961 battles

And there are no county class either, Exeter would be a start then they at least would get the 204mm guns

• Cool 1

[UTWE]
Members
228 posts
3,064 battles
On 6/1/2018 at 1:49 AM, SuperbCat said:

And there are no county class either, Exeter would be a start then they at least would get the 204mm guns

Exeter wasn't a county class it was a York class

[ARGSY]
Members
9,514 posts
6,238 battles
On 30/05/2018 at 8:34 AM, SuperbCat said:

If you still want British destroyers, the Gallant (which is the real deal), the Vampire (V&W class but Commonwealth-flagged so be aware she can't share captains) and the Campbeltown (UK-flagged modified Wickes; lacks single-launch option on torpedoes) are all now on sale.

I won the Vampire when she came out, bought Gallant yesterday and am considering the Campbeltown for the history. 

• Cool 1

[DD12]
Members
4 posts
4,961 battles
On 6/7/2018 at 7:56 AM, Iron_Salvo921 said:

Yep I realise that Iron Salvoe however with 6 X 8in she would be the first step up towards the counties from something like a Leander

[DD12]
Members
4 posts
4,961 battles
On 6/18/2018 at 8:14 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If you still want British destroyers, the Gallant (which is the real deal), the Vampire (V&W class but Commonwealth-flagged so be aware she can't share captains) and the Campbeltown (UK-flagged modified Wickes; lacks single-launch option on torpedoes) are all now on sale.

I won the Vampire when she came out, bought Gallant yesterday and am considering the Campbeltown for the history. 

I know there are some British DD"s however consider all the classes from WW1 right through to the Battle and Tribal's and C class from 43 which actually had the rate of fire slowed below 60 rounds per minute because they used too much ammo

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,675 battles
On 5/31/2018 at 6:32 AM, Camo68 said:

We need a new DD line so the BB's will have something to complain about

Yeah give em homing torpedoes that only target BBs.  That sounds like a logical step in the evolution.

[S_B]
Members
418 posts
12,367 battles

Gallant is a good Tier 6 DD with decent guns, low detection range of 6.0km and 8km torps which you can fire individually. That ability can be very effective at times. I got it in a mission reward last year I believe. I have the Vampire Tier 3 too but don't play it much.

Edited by dust340man

[-BMV-]
Members
114 posts
21,571 battles
On 6/6/2018 at 5:56 PM, Iron_Salvo921 said:

Yes, but the point is that we need the RN heavy cruiser line to be brought in. This would give us the Exeter, the County class and heavily armed cruisers all the way up to the paper designs with 9-12 9.2" main guns. That would be fun to have in the mix.