Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lew_Patton

Terms of Service Update, now can't logon

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

13
[BRO1]
Members
112 posts
9,485 battles

There was an update to the TOS today and now I can't logon. What's going on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,187 posts
6,084 battles
5 minutes ago, Lew_Patton said:

There was an update to the TOS today and now I can't logon. What's going on?

 

Just now, Wallce said:

Same here, get a server error that says try again later.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/american-cruisers/

Update Launches  May 30

image.png.0d83ec8bb00aad631d7d641813ac129d.png
MAINTENANCE STARTS: Wed. May 30 3:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. May 30 6:00 AM
MAINTENANCE ENDS: Wed. May 30 6:00 AM PT / your local time: Wed. May 30 9:00 AM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,623
[O-PN]
Members
9,110 posts
10,465 battles

Things available directly through the launcher: Why your game won't currently start.

 

Those of us in EST have 2 hours yet to wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,059
[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,546 posts
33,557 battles

Reading is OP.

Patch day till approximately 9 AM EST.

Install has been completed. Have patience while they test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,778
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,126 posts

Aw, somebody beat me to posting the standard "Can't sign on What is wrong" post. Dang it. Oh well. There's always next patch. 

If you were WoWS/WG, you would have to be asking yourself, about now, what else you could do to communicate to your players the news of an update. 

Short of in-game messages that popped up in scope view every battle for two weeks in advance, what would work? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,187 posts
6,084 battles
1 minute ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Aw, somebody beat me to posting the standard "Can't sign on What is wrong" post. Dang it. Oh well. There's always next patch. 

If you were WoWS/WG, you would have to be asking yourself, about now, what else you could do to communicate to your players the news of an update. 

Short of in-game messages that popped up in scope view every battle for two weeks in advance, what would work? 

 

You could have Dasha personally hand deliver a singing telegram to each player's residence and some people would still not pay attention to the info of the time of the update and how long the servers will be down for maintenance, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,778
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,126 posts

I sort of enjoy this little slice of time... give you a break to browse around the forums proper, see some of the weirder posts here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[BRO1]
Members
112 posts
9,485 battles
1 minute ago, daVinci761st said:

You could have Dasha personally hand deliver a singing telegram to each player's residence and some people would still not pay attention to the info of the time of the update and how long the servers will be down for maintenance, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

That sounds like a great idea! By the way, how long will the servers be down?

Edited by Lew_Patton
Clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,187 posts
6,084 battles
1 minute ago, Lew_Patton said:

That sounds like a great idea!

I certainly wouldn't mind but the misses might. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,059
[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,546 posts
33,557 battles

Always check the Portal.

When it shows the number of users in the server at around 120, that means they are testing. These are employees testing, and many of them are just bots, automated testing software, running test scripts.

When you see this number start climbing rapidly (try refreshing the page), then it means the server has been opened to the users.

 

Agyi0jj.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,801
[GWG]
Members
6,690 posts

Communications are OP...   "Let them eat Static", Ricardo Montalban

It would be kind to jump immediately to a 'status' website if loading fails.

The user would be shown there any downtime schedules, common issues, or a link to file a ticket for help.

...  what am I thinking ???   Oh heck..  LET THEM SUFFER !!!

After all, it took me 20 minutes to find out when Ranked Battles were ending (next Sunday)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×